• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Does this form of RPing sound interesting?

• yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
    • no

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • maybe it depends on the storytelling

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Before the blade comes in contact with me, my draugr companion leaps in the way. Taking the sword through his gut. Leaving you exposed, using this opportunity Antonius lunges and tackle you down. Your grip around the blade falls and the sword clatters to the ground as they hit the floor. Antonius than begins slamming his fists into your face.

Before the first punch lands, Pestilence Evaporated into gas of decay, Making Antonius coughing up blood. He re materialises next to the coughing Antonius and punches him square in the jaw. He reaches over and grabs his sword as his opponent is choking on his own bile.

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    Rale kicks the wolf in the jaw and plunges his rapier into its cranium...

Pestilence jumps on his horse, grabs the conquerors bow and fires an arrow in Rale's knee. He gives the bow back to the Conqueror and rides off into the mist

Rale

(an arrow to the knee...seriously?)
    Rale attempts to avoid this but is tagged in the shoulder, he falls to the ground in pain. He see Pestilence's shadow running off into the distance, he fires an arrow at his back to try to knock him off his horse

(damn right!)
    The arrow starts to rot and break down in mid flight. All that hit him was the head witch didn't hurt him one bit. Pestilence laughs hysterically

Geel-Kajin

Suddenly, death cries in his dry voice" Brothers, back! The ancient ones have arrived!"
    War, Famine and Death race off, leaving the Conqueror and Pestilence behind. Conqueror and Pestilence appear confused about what that meant, but since they were outnumbered, retreated as well.
    Sighs of relief ripple through the exhausted fighters, everyone going to rest a they watch the lesser daedra slay the remaining beasts. The hosts lie flat on their backs, but the lords have congregated in a circle. Taking one tired glance at them, you see the body of Haaki lying stiff, splayed on the ground. He appears to have no wounds,and besides the declaration by Azura that he has no pulse, you would have thought he was merely

dozing. "He spent too much time in too close proximity with Death.... Aye, a brave one he was .Pity he would die in such a tragic yet guessable way." Remarks Malacath. Then the dremora lifts Haaki onto his shoulders, and then carried him to the edge of the mountain. They wrapped his corpse in a cloth bag. The last rites were performed by his daedric lord,the highest honour any host or human could achieve. Then they buried his body within the dirt, and placed a stone over it as a grave marker. On the stone, his initials were cut in,using the daedric language. The other hosts are silent, the only sound being the howling wind.
    ALl of you know you can't be the only one feeling this. Fear, true fear. Sovngarde won't be the place you go when you die anymore. Instead, your soul will simply be erased, the only thing remaining to prove you existed being the memories of those who knew you. Doubt creeps into you, like a silent assassin of your courage.

Then the lords group together, discussing to one another. Meanwhile, pieces of tough jerky and rancid butter are passed around, along with several tankards of ale. No one speaks throughout the meal, unpleasant thought racing through each other's minds. The dremora looks equally upset as he polishes his weapon, his brow creased. Then, crow speaks:

"Hey, we came all this way, in the hope the artifacts here could kill the horseman, but we ended up loosing? What's the point of fighting anymore, when our fate is to be the same as Haaki's? I say we surrender, it's time for the lords to bite down on their arrogance!"
    "My my, Boethiah. I know you are lord of deceit, but surely this is taking it too far? Even your host bears your aspect overly well. He would even betray you to survive..." Muses Molag Bal. Boethia's eyes slit dangerously, and he shows his extremely sharp canines as he starts to speak back "Well Molag Bal, I don't see your host doing-
    "Enough! Listen, I think I know the answer to this." Shouts Mora over the arguement."I think there is only one thing we can do : Create a new dragonfire" A huge commotion starts up at these words; Some lords agree, willing to risk being sent back to Oblivion as long as Nirn is kept intact, others hate the idea, rather roaming free in this world and die fighting, while others see it as the only way of survival, however disagreeable it might be. Crow and Aduamsi can be heard yelling at each other, and the dremora does his best to calm the hosts down.
    "well, even if we do actually agree on it, how will we make a new dragonfire, Oh wise One " Sneers Mehrunes sarcatically, who had full intent of letting destruction reign on this realm, even if it caused him his life. "We have to go and call Septim, and get the ashes of the last ever fire, wherever they may be,then relight them"
    Outbursts come from both hosts and lords, some saying "Wh...what? How crazy is that? Akatosh will hardly ever listen to us!" and others "Akatosh may hate our kind, but he's smart. He knows that if he does not cooperate, the whole world will be in peril." . One host screams " How can we even stoop so low as to ask a Aedra for help?!". Crow snaps " Screw Akatosh, I say we kidnap his host and use him as ransom!", in response to that, Adusamsi says " You're kidding,right? Akatosh's host can turn to fire itself, slip through any bar or chain! By Azura, and people call Ashlanders dumb!"

What are your views and plans?

Beran

Official Writing Team
    (YAY for my Official Writers Team Position)

Beran watches with a smile playing on his lips. He definitely wanted the help of the Lord of Time, no doubt giving the hosts the biggest advantage. Anyway, maybe Akatosh would teach him some new recipes from the past and future.

Rale

Rale looks at Adumasi. "I second the ashlanders statement, I've seen the host of akatosh with my own two eyes, i know who he is and where he is. He said to me that the Aedra are just as scared as us, why bicker like fools when the real enemy is out there plotting?" He says, banging his fist on the table.

Beran

Official Writing Team
    (OOC: Official Writing Team are the people who write articles here. ATM, only my article is there, but soon, the rest of us will have posted too.)

Geel-Kajin

The Daedras commotion ends,however, when a 3rd party joins the conference. Blood sprinkles from the sky like rain, and the doh flew down. THe old dragon shook it's bloody wings, crash landing into the sides of the ruins with earth shattering force. The huge beast sends the hosts into a moment of shock, and they stand agape as the dragon opens it's intelligent eyes. The lords merely stand back, as if this was the most common thing to happen in the world, arms folded, looking unimpressed at the sudden abrupt arrival of the newcomer.
    Paarthurnax bellows and arches his neck, folding it's wings and flexing his long tail. He then gave a snort, before turning to everyone. "I came...It seems I'm too late....The horsemen,gone to the old ones..."
    THe daedric lords look distrustful, but MOra says "He is the son of Akatosh, do not antagonize him brothers, we can't afford to loose any possible allies" a trickle of blood runs from paarthurnax's nostrils as he speaks," THe ancient ones shall come, for the horsemen are anything but free. Perhaps even they have not realized, that they are the pawns of the ancients....The ancients come from a unknown realm, and are like a god to the horsemen. They were born out of spite, anger hatred. I myself would not trust another doh, but you must trust me on this, krosis." He looks up at the sky, saying "My father Akatosh hates me, for I aided the dragonborn in killing his favourite son. He will not come out normally, but if me and the dragonborn go and meet him, there will no doubt be more than enough reason to draw out Akatosh. "
    Crow cuts in, saying " The so called Dovahkiin has been missing for a decade! what makes you think you can find him now? I mean, who fought this daedric war? Us! Not the dragonborn, not the Aedra, but us! "
    Paarthurnax roars back, saying "Ignorant mortal! The dragonborn is gone for a reason, or why would the savior of the country you so ungratefully stand in be what it is now,and not a pile of smouldering ash?"

(I gotta stop here, will write more for Lambada' question and continue later"

Geel-Kajin

Crow is startled, and so are the rest of you. Paarthurnax shifts his bulk before resting upon a great stone carving. tilting his head down, he prods his muzzle at the figure of the Dragonborn, fighting Alduin as prophesied. He says
    " When Alduin was banished and slayed, the dragons felt the dragonborn to be too great a threat, as well as too important a key player. Should he take any side, any allegiance, the opposing ide would loose the balance. Don't you see? If he joined either side of the civil war, what was written in the Elder scrolls would be altered, causing perhaps, the future of the world as we see it to be altered. WHat it was altered for the worse? The Dovs may over run the human race again, or a greater evil may be born."
    "So,where is he?!" Snaps Crow, rather annoyed by the dragon.
    "Drem. Patience. THe dragonborn, he is as we call it, disguised. His form is different, his body shaped to hide his actual kind. He is now a Dov, the kind in which the humans hate, so that they will not ally with him, thus not break the chain of fate. He turned from softest of flesh to the hardest of scales, fixed by the soul of the Dov within him. He watches man, far more than man watches him. You may see him,krosis, but only if he wishes to see you and all of you agree upon it."
    The daedra look skeptical, several of them whispering to one another.
    Suddenly, Mehrunes asks " WHy are you helping us, dragon? You put yourself at risk of termination, and revealing to us the reason to the disappearance of the dragonborn wasn't very advantageous for your kin."
    "If i did not, would I still be around when the apocalypse come? Yes, I will be hated by my fellow Dovs,but they shall see that all I would do and have done has benefitted them."
    What are your views?

Lambada:Gregory shrugs,apparently he does not know as well.
    War calls both of you over, to a huge stone plated piece of old clay in the middle of a natural plateau. It shows the two beings you saw in the carving. A huge dragon, chasing the tail of a bird, and the bird chasing the tail of the dragon. A perfect circle of balance. Then war says "THese are the true creatures, the true ones whom shall rise to swallow the world. We offer to them our service, to break the gates of Rogrovar. The final piece to the lock." Gregory listens intently, apparently this was the first time he heard it too.
    "Then...Where is this so-called gate?"
    "I believe it is in Malacath for Skyrim. Each continent has their own "gate",collectively called the gates of Rogrovar. Death, Famine and me are going to other continents, Pestilence is in Skyrim, while yours is in Blackmarsh."
    "How...do we break the gates?"
    "Every being in town must be eradicated as a worthy offering."
    Conqueror licks his lips, commenting it's been a long time since such a good kill. He takes the map from War, before speeding off.
    War gives you a map of Skyrim, along with a bit of the binding liquid, which you gulp down. War reminds you to take your binding liquid more frequently, or there may be consequences. You nod, and get on your horse.
    You travel for days, your mere presence killing half the local wildlife. Trees shrivel, animals turn feverish. A pavement of dead organisms go through the forest, following your wake.
    Finally, you arrive in the city of Whiterun. It looks tense, and you remember the commotion which came before you were a horsemen. WIll you go in, or continue riding?

Lambada enters Whiterun. He looks around at the villagers who are now staring at him, telling their children and wife's to go indoors. The men and guards walk slowly towards him but stay a far distance away.

Geel-Kajin

The people shun you, and you notice several of them giving you looks of disgust. You walk down the cobbled road, and you hear a whisper, as soft as the sound of the wind
    "Pestilence......"
    You spin around, startled by the noise. The street behind you is empty, but then you figure out the voice comes from a rickety old door, its hinges rusted, paint peeling. The voice comes again, softer, as if the figure was moving away from you. You glare at the door, but it remains still.
    What will you do?

Geel-Kajin

The door creaks open, and darkness creeps into your line of view. Shadows haunt the interior, the air strangely moist. A smell of rot and rank fill your nostrils, and you enter cautiously.
    Closing the door behind you, you see a gritty old fireplace, pieces of coal lying cold upon the stone. A dead bird lies in a cage above you, it's thin tattered breast poking out of the bars, mouth open and gaping. A lifeless dog rests in between the corridor and a room, it's mangled body keeping the door slightly jammed open. Beyond the door, lies a flight of stairs. As you pass by the dog's bloated body, you see his eyes are milky and white, the skin around it erupted and smelling. The flight of stairs down are barely lit, causing you to have to grope on to the handlebars to go down.
    You arrive at what seems to be a dinbe holding his fork, a chunk of stringy putrid meat on his plate. His tankard is on it's side, and you see stains on the table, no doubt his drink. You walk over to him, perhaps to ask him about the place, but when you grasp his shoulder, you feel it is squishy, and some substance oozes from his nose as you do so. He crashes to the floor, and the button on his thin threadbare shirt is knocked out. The folds of his clothes part, and you see botches all along his pale skin. They look like mould, and a fine coating of spores can be seen from the fungi which spread along his stomach. His tongue rolls back, and you see it is black, no doubt from the unknown disease he caught.
    You...not knowing a disease? Impossible. Why, you are pestilence, you know of all the plagues in existence! But yet this remain a mystery to you.
    "Pestilence......"
    You jerk, scanning the room for the sound of the noise. Soon, you find it from behind a cedar door. You clench your fists, and a huge swarm of bacteria grows upon the surface of your skin, determined to infect whatever enters the room. BUt as you go close, the bacteria writhes and strangely, dies. You look at your bony hand, surprised at the lack of Brain Rot bacteria. Nevertheless,you enter
    The room is bare, save from a single figure. A huge serpent, with clawed legs and taloned hands. It's tail is barbed, and a strange liquid coats it. His eyes are malicious, and his face etched with the most strange an expression.
    "Ahhh....My favourite host. Come in. I trust you want to know more about yourself."
    Peryite. He nods towards the center of the room, and you go in. His forked tongue flicks out, tasting the air.
    "Pestilence, I trust you have met the other horsemen. It was a bad mistake, creating the rest of them. You must help me redo that."
    You cock your head, unsure of that. How could making the strongest beings possible be bad?
    "You know full well that I am one of the least powerful of daedra lords. I hated that, being mocked by the other lords. So i went to strike a bargain with the ancient ones, the ones which were not known of at the time due to being trapped on their realm. You see, they could not bear the children of destruction themselves, But i could. they would supply me with the power to make the strongest hosts in existence. The other lords each had one, while I would have five hosts if this deal was agreed on. They would then be shared by me and the ancients
    But the ancient ones tricked me. In 4 of our children, they implanted the ideals that they were their gods, thus making the horsemen worship their very existence. However, I raised you in the way of the host, so you have the freedom to think for yourself. That's why most think that there are only 4 horsemen. You are the hidden one, the one who slept in deepest of dreams throughout the chaos your brothers made.
    Now, the ancient ones are coming. Should all the gates be open, the ancient ones shall come and gorge upon the world. They shall kill me and most likely, you. We are the ones whom they have failed to influence, unlike the other 4 horsemen.
    You. You are the key. Protect the gates with the other hosts, prevent them from opening it. "

What is your repsonse? Which side do you take?

(ooc: Im so sorry about this but it's' bugging me. Peryite is a girl)

He looks at Peryite, her tongue curls around the room. So basically, I'm untouchable. Anyone comes after me the horsemen will protect me. But they wouldn't dare harm me. Heh. So what you're telling me is I can make the future what I wan't... I could rule the world... But I'll let everyone down. My friends, my family, my brothers and sisters. Oh wait I don't have any. Lambada ponders what Peryite just told him. He realises something. I have two things to ask you, Why are the princes/princess' trying to save the planet, when oblivion will be untouched. And why would the ancients kill us if you signed a deal with them and I was your outcome. If anyway I would be saved.

Geel-Kajin

(OOC: yeah shoot sorry. But technically the daedra lords have no gender, so it's fine )
    Peryite hisses, a mutilated laugh.
    "Save the planet? Hardly. WHat they want is the planet to be left untouched, for the hosts to wage their war. It is their version of the final competition. Oblivion won't be untouched. The ancients are locked in their realm for a reason. Once out, all which has to happen is for the horsemen to journey to Oblivion and unlock the gates there as well. Then the ancients will come and create the mess they always make.
    The ancients signed it only to create their children, and since no repercussion will come if they kill me, they shall do that. You, meanwhile, are a "rogue element", one which is not fully under their control. They shall eliminate you just a quickly"
    Peryite's long coils unravel, and the room rasps with the sound of scales against granite. "The world is coming to an end anyhow, Lambada. Pick the side which you wish to die for, as victors never get the reward they dream of. "

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts