• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So I just found out that Narfi, one of the Dark Brotherhood targets (homeless dude in Ivarstead) is actually a poor mentally disabled guy who has lost his parents and his sister! I killed him in my first playthrough and that pisses me off.
The Dark Brotherhood is going down.:cowboy:

Anything you found out later that you were a little disturbed by?

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
.... I killed him before even joining the DB... because I was starting and didn't feed in awhile... >D

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Yes, Narfi hardly seems like a threat to anyone, and it always made me wonder who would have put out a contract on the poor broken bastard.

The Elder Scrolls site suggests it may have been someone who 'covets his land', but, honestly, he doesn't seem to own much land at all in Ivarstead.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
So I just found out that Narfi, one of the Dark Brotherhood targets (homeless dude in Ivarstead) is actually a poor mentally disabled guy who has lost his parents and his sister! I killed him in my first playthrough and that pisses me off.

Wow! i never new that!
i mustve killed the poor bloke half a doen times, 4different ways by now :eek:

but to answer yor question, no, not much disturbs me :D

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Yes, Narfi hardly seems like a threat to anyone, and it always made me wonder who would have put out a contract on the poor broken bastard.

The Elder Scrolls site suggests it may have been someone who 'covets his land', but, honestly, he doesn't seem to own much land at all in Ivarstead.

Yes it's his parents farm but you are right, it doesn't seem worth while killing him for it.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
You know, the DB hardly targets evil-doers, the biggest jerk can do the black sacrement aswell. You kill you get paid, you grow a conscience you get out, mostly.

Ted_The_Soap

Disciple of Arkay
1. Sapphire in the Thieve's Guild was raped by a band of bandits.
2. Snilf, a beggar in Riften, had his wife and daughter raped by bandits, then burned alive.
3. The "Blood On The Ice" quest was just sick.

Torok

The only thing that really disturbed me was the taste of death quest. I couldn't live with my character after he became a cannibal. Werewolf feeding, yes, cannibalism, no.

Torok

quote="Ted_The_Soap, post: 690322, member: 38832"]
The only thing that really disturbed me was the taste of death quest. I couldn't live with my character after he became a cannibal. Werewolf feeding, yes, cannibalism, no.

But isn't that essentially what you are doing, just in werewolf form?[/quote]

In werewolf form it seemed natural.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

I like eating people... its benificial, looks scary and now i belong to a lovely group of cannabalistic people :D

i know... i need help :oops:

Well it wasn't a quest, but I had helped/been helped by a couple of Vigilants of Stendarr near Whiterun, I helped them fight a few vampires and they helped me fight a few bandits. Afterwards they even acted friendly toward me whenever we met again. Well, on a trip walking back to Whiterun from Windhelm I came across the body of one of the Vigilants of Stendarr I had known with a Flame Atronach hovering over her. I actually felt upset, and well, the Flame Atronach was sent back to Oblivion.

A lot of people complain about how rude the Vigilants of Stendarr can be, and say they're useless because of Dawnguard, but I've come to actually like the Vigilants of Stendarr, and I wish they were a faction you could join.

PuuLoo

Well, the whole Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are pretty disturbing. Especially the unique characters in the DB Sanctuary like the little girl..... They give me creeps and i would never want to visit the Ratway or any of those dark places
ever again.. :)

Wildroses

I did the opposite actually. I have some quirk in my personality that makes it hard for me to steal things and murder innocent NPCs, so I didn't do the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild for about six to eight months after playing Skyrim seriously. I found doing the Dark Brotherhood quests pretty horrifying for this reason.

One thing I found out doing this questline later was that it was suggested you kill Nilsine Shatter-Shield. I was pretty horrified when I found that out because I knew people would do it. I'd spent a lot of time in other builds hanging around Windhelm market, and her parents have some pretty heart-breaking conversations with the market people. Somebody once posted a thread here after finding Tova's suicide note about how upset they were. It took every inch of self-control I had not to post: WELL WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU MURDERED THE ONLY SURVIVING DAUGHTER OF A COUPLE WHO HAD ALREADY LOST THEIR OTHER DAUGHTER TO MURDER YOU fluffING STUPID HALFWIT?! THAT SHE'D GET OVER IT EASILY AND PAINLESSLY?!

Regarding the Narfi issue, my theory is Wilhelm ordered it out of pity as he felt Narfi's life was too sad and pathetic to be allowed to continue.

EDIT: Oh, and when I discovered restoring the Thieves Guild meant toadying to Erikur the sexual harassment expert and Olfrid bloody Battle-Born I was pretty horrified. I really hate those two dicks...

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...

Did you do Narfi's quest to retrieve his sister's necklace?? His answer when you break him the news is heartbreaking, I know. But I've killed him for the DB as well. But if I someday find the one who performed the Black Sacrament I'm gonna slaughter him. I feel the DB is not to be blamed. After all the DB didn't perform the Black Sacrament.

The next time anyone (I know you all got it in your systems) gets the urge to go on a murdering rampage, please consider Ivarstead. I know I will, when the time is right.

(I think maybe I should stop playing Skyrim, it is affecting my brain in a bad ways I think and distorting my ethics.
Hey who the heck are you?? Get out. Kicks out the person who wrote the last line)

Something that disturbed me, more than the Narfi incident was what happened to Lucia. Kicking out a kid, soon after losing her mom is downright evil to me. Kicking out after a year or two is somewhat understandable though still cruel. But this.... I would love to know the names of her uncle and aunt. These things should not happen, even though it is just a game.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well it wasn't a quest, but I had helped/been helped by a couple of Vigilants of Stendarr near Whiterun, I helped them fight a few vampires and they helped me fight a few bandits. Afterwards they even acted friendly toward me whenever we met again. Well, on a trip walking back to Whiterun from Windhelm I came across the body of one of the Vigilants of Stendarr I had known with a Flame Atronach hovering over her. I actually felt upset, and well, the Flame Atronach was sent back to Oblivion.

A lot of people complain about how rude the Vigilants of Stendarr can be, and say they're useless because of Dawnguard, but I've come to actually like the Vigilants of Stendarr, and I wish they were a faction you could join.
Totally disagree. Usually my characters just kill them and the Thalmor. Cannot stand religious, judgemental zealots.

Pete

Totally disagree. Usually my characters just kill them and the Thalmor. Cannot stand religious, judgemental zealots.

I always get the comment from viglants saying 'Stendar doesn't have any mercy for worshipers of deadra' or some line like that. If i come across vigilants chasing down vampires, and i'm a vampire character, I kill the vigilants and leave the vampire alone. The vampire they were chasing usually runs off unless they're totally nuts or my follower attacks. Using voice of the emperor fixes that.

I wonder if someone attacks just because they are a zealot makes them a zealot? ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

I always get the comment from viglants saying 'Stendar doesn't have any mercy for worshipers of deadra' or some line like that. If i come across vigilants chasing down vampires, and i'm a vampire character, I kill the vigilants and leave the vampire alone. The vampire they were chasing usually runs off unless they're totally nuts or my follower attacks. Using voice of the emperor fixes that.

I wonder if someone attacks just because they are a zealot makes them a zealot? ;)
Ya know, my other 1/2 pointed that out. If you're out to eliminate all the zealots, doesn't that make you an anti-zealot zealot? I have to admit, point taken. It's fun though, especially taking on Thalmor at low levels. I just luv it when I win (plus I make good coin for selling 'em!).

Of course, I've yet to create a character that isn't a whore for any Daedra that'll have 'em. :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Did you do Narfi's quest to retrieve his sister's necklace?? His answer when you break him the news is heartbreaking, I know. But I've killed him for the DB as well. But if I someday find the one who performed the Black Sacrament I'm gonna slaughter him. I feel the DB is not to be blamed. After all the DB didn't perform the Black Sacrament.

The next time anyone (I know you all got it in your systems) gets the urge to go on a murdering rampage, please consider Ivarstead. I know I will, when the time is right.

(I think maybe I should stop playing Skyrim, it is affecting my brain in a bad ways I think and distorting my ethics.
Hey who the heck are you?? Get out. Kicks out the person who wrote the last line)

Something that disturbed me, more than the Narfi incident was what happened to Lucia. Kicking out a kid, soon after losing her mom is downright evil to me. Kicking out after a year or two is somewhat understandable though still cruel. But this.... I would love to know the names of her uncle and aunt. These things should not happen, even though it is just a game.

Yes I did that quest and I had to tell him the truth, poor bloke.
There is a lot of discussion on where this farm is. A lot of people thing it is the one in the Pale, where you first see Cicero,Vantus Loreius at Loreius's Farm. Pay them a visit..hehehe

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Yes I did that quest and I had to tell him the truth, poor bloke.
There is a lot of discussion on where this farm is. A lot of people thing it is the one in the Pale, where you first see Cicero,Vantus Loreius at Loreius's Farm. Pay them a visit..hehehe

Oooh that the one... heh heh someone's gonna be saved from a madman just to be in the grip of a another one. Ooooh someone's gonna wish they never did what they did. Muwah hah hah hah haa*cough cough*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts