Hi there, RP virgin who's desperate for for advice.....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

neildunne

Can I say a very nervous HELLO! to everyone. It's a nervous hello because I guess that the majority of members and readers of the forums on this site are seasoned role players and understand the 'ins and outs' and 'what's and wherefore's' of Skyrim. I am 43 years of age and have been a casual gamer for 20 odd years, but this is the first role play type game I have ever attempted, and I think I may have bit off a little more than I can chew. I am normally a platform gamer or the likes of Dead Rising or Enslaved. I really am determined and willing to learn, but I must admit that I am more than a little flummoxed by how, when and where I create spells and potions and the like lol. I really do want to be drawn into the fascinating world of Skyrim, I can't tell you why but for some reason the hype surrounding Skyrim got hold of me. So now, I'm a desperate high elf who has managed to arrive safely at Riverwood, and im ready to talk with Alvor...........only god knows if I will get any further, or ever learn about spells and potions. I hope to make friends among the members of the forums who will be kind enough to help me with my journey through Skyrim.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
Hey there, Neil. I'm Drazker, eighteen years old. :p Not a huge gamer but been pretty determined in getting to know everything there is about Skyrim. I think I'll be able to help you out along your way so if you ever have questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM ( called a 'conversation' on these forums ) and I'll be happy to share what I know. Of course, you could just as easily post a thread in the Skyrim Help forum.

I hope you enjoy yourself here and I look forward to getting to know you over the forums! If you're interested in digital/forum roleplay, the Skyrim Roleplaying forum might just be a nice place for you to kill some time.

Best of luck!

CanAmBC

From Skyrim to New Vegas I roam....
Welcome to Skyrim you will enjoy your stay.. lol You picked a great class to start off with. Myself Im in my 40's I am a casual gamer mostly Combat Flight
sims and other games such as Civilization 3-5 Fallout....

This series of games appeal to everyone and can play it over and over with a different ending most of the time. Word of advice like I told my wife and she has been hooked and really not a gamer since Maro bro on N64
there is no right or wrong learn from mistakes and just enjoy the enviroment.. and it is awsome I must say...need any help plz feel free to "pm" me as well

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums!

Please feel free to look over our Guides and Tutorials section. You'll find some great info there contributed by our members that will likely answer a lot of your questions. We also have a Help section for your questions. There's a search box in the upper right so you can try and find what you need but if you don't see anything pertaining to your situation, post in the Help section and we'll be glad to assist.

neildunne

Well guys, I think this has been one of the friendliest welcomes I have had to a forums site :-) Quite a few sites are full of stuffy experts who make you feel inadequate and not-worthy of their knowledge lol. I feel that is quite a different story here, and I already feel more at ease with my task ahead..........Hope to meet up and chat soon, but take care for now and thanks again for your time.