PS3 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I didn't mind that one though, whenver the picture of the Skeever or Ysgramor came up, I used those as toilet breaks. I'd even have time to do small household tasks like iron my work clothes or make the bed.

Not talking about loading screens, I'm talking about EVERYTHING. Inventory, map, favorites menu... The thing that took the longest was giving something to a follower that they equip. Freezes for at least 2 minutes.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Not talking about loading screens, I'm talking about EVERYTHING. Inventory, map, favorites menu... The thing that took the longest was giving something to a follower that they equip. Freezes for at least 2 minutes.

Your copy Skyrim was that bad? If that happened to me I would've just taken it back to the shop for a refund and just got Modern Warfare 3 or something else instead.

Pileggi

That really blows, even as a 360 player I still think it's unacceptable.

I do understand that Skyrim is a very hard game to translate on PS3 however. The 360 version pretty much plays the same as the PC version in terms of compatability so it's understandable that they are having problems with such a foreign console.

Inb4 PS3 fanboy's neg my post :D

VolenKiller

The Idealist
I think I'm going to sell my ps3 version skyrim and buy Skyrim GOTY for 360 when it comes out, since i have both systems

Just for comparison purposes, what do PC players see as a reasonable price for a good gaming PC? If it is significantly more than an Xbox or PS3, is the extra worth it?

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Just for comparison purposes, what do PC players see as a reasonable price for a good gaming PC? If it is significantly more than an Xbox or PS3, is the extra worth it?
That depends on how powerful you want it. It can be anything. If you wanted to play Skyrim, you could get something under $400 or cheaper based on where you are. If you already have a PC and you just wanted to upgrade, a graphics card and RAM would be even cheaper and that. Also if you go to an Indy PC Builder/Repair type shop they could make it a even cheaper and one even more Mega'ly powerful than one you would get by going into a Best Buy or something. You can even go in with a Video Game Box and say "I want a PC that Runs this!" and they could build one awesome for you. But thats just what I usually do.

I actually used to upgrade my PC just for TES games because they are usually so pumped up that if you can play them super fluidly you can play anything for years on it. I did exactly as I discribed at a local guys shop here where I live. I brought the Morrowind Stats on a Piece of Paper before it came out and said "I need a PC that will Play this!", and he made me a Super Awesome PC that blew my mind out playing it. Then when Oblivion came out, I actually brought him My PC and the Spec's for the Game and said, "I need this PC to Run these stats".

He would ask how much would I like to spend on it, as well ask "Do you want it to run game well, or do you want it to run it so good it melts your brain?"

I would always say "Brain-Melting Mode please" :D

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

500 or 600 at the very least. Might be cheaper to build it yourself though, plus you choose what parts to get for it.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
If this is true then I guess it's time to buy a gaming PC or an Xbox 360 :)
I'd rather wait another month than blow 200 dollars just so I can play something for 20 hours and be done with it.

Nakatsu_Hime

It's perfectly simple to me.

If Bethesda release DLC for Skyrim on PS3, I'm happies, even if I have to wait a bit.

If they don't, they can blow all future games out of their a*se, regardless how wonderful they are.

Sean

lost somewhere
It may surprise you to learn that some people already have PS3, and don't want to waste money on a new, largely inferior, console.

Don't be ignorant; both consoles are about equal. Skyrim needs at least 1/2 gb of RAM in a "pool," the PS3 has 256mb of RAM going towards Graphics, but it still adds up to 512mb. That works well for PS3's first-party titles, but not multiplatform, as both the Xbox 360 and PC have similar architectures.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I have a brand new Acer Quad core 4GB RAM and 512MB onboard Radeon graphics. It runs Skyrim on High perfectly. $400 off the shelf, including tax. It also has the space to upgrade RAM to 16 GB and a high end video card. This will outlast the 360 AND the next generation consoles.

That's the difference between PC's and consoles. Longevity.

Sean

lost somewhere
I have a brand new Acer Quad core 4GB RAM and 512MB onboard Radeon graphics. It runs Skyrim on High perfectly. $400 off the shelf, including tax. It also has the space to upgrade RAM to 16 GB and a high end video card. This will outlast the 360 AND the next generation consoles.

That's the difference between PC's and consoles. Longevity.

Your pc will barely match up to the next generation of consoles.
Source
Source 2

That doesn't mean that there won't be computers like that or better, but your current hardware will be awful in comparison. Not opinion based, but fact.

Good ol sony, they just had to try and make themselves stand out with their huge impressive specs extra features which actually turned it into a programmers nightmare. Almost every review site/magazine will agree that 90% of multiplatform games work better on the Xbox than they do on the PS. Sure the PS version might be a little prettier but, but the PS version almost always has more bugs, anyone remember Dragon Age Origins :p On gamespot DA:O forums got turned into a flame war because the Xbox version and PC versions got a higher rating than the PS3 version and all the PS3 versions acted as though Gamespot just hates PS3 even though they gave MGS4 a 10/10

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Here we go again :) I had to go through this with the Fallout 3 DLC bollocks as well. You see, by Todd bending over for Mr Gates and taking it a few times up the ass he gets a lot of money. But not so much as releasing the DLC for Playstation. Hell, during Fallout, Microsoft even gagged the gimp while stuffing dollars down his panties to make sure he wouldn't say anything. Does this make Todd a bad person? No, A bitch yes, but not a bad person, and certainly not an idiot. There will be all DLC for Skyrim available for Playstation owners. Now stop worrying, wait for Mr Gates to pull out, wipe his cock and then Todd will deliver (as always) in time for GOTY. And if it really bothers you fellow PS3 gamers, just look at 360 users as Beta Testers, that's what they are as far as Bethesda DLC goes. Now, to the Batmobile!

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
It's not coming out on PS3 because it can't handle it I believe. Now I don't doubt it it's a very powerful console, but sometimes you can't get it all I guess. It does such though, I feel for you PS3 players. If only you had got Xbox (I'm kidding :D I love the PS3)

Gore gro-Gijakudob

That really blows, even as a 360 player I still think it's unacceptable.

I do understand that Skyrim is a very hard game to translate on PS3 however. The 360 version pretty much plays the same as the PC version in terms of compatability so it's understandable that they are having problems with such a foreign console.

Inb4 PS3 fanboy's neg my post :D
Not only is that statement false, it's an insult to programmers.

stagnant94

now lets not make this into a console war.

on a side note: this thread fills up my alert bar because how long ITS BLOODY TITLE IS. this annoys me more than not getting dawn guard

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Your pc will barely match up to the next generation of consoles.
Source
Source 2

That doesn't mean that there won't be computers like that or better, but your current hardware will be awful in comparison. Not opinion based, but fact.

Internet rumors don't equal "fact". ;)

VolenKiller

The Idealist
So we've all learned that DLC will come for ps3 - eventually. Whenver GOTY comes out. Again, fluff you Todd Howard.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts