• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Hey. I was just wondering what your favorite shouts are.
I think we all like Fus Ro Dah-ing the hell out of everyone around us when it comes to shouting, but other than that, what shouts do you utilize?
My favourite is Slow Time. :)

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I really like become ethereal...very useful when you want to jump off a mountain :)

Ive been using ICE lately. Freeze someone then stand over them and bring down a Two handed Axed power attack......yummm

Epsilon

Shaun
i just got the game last week and this is gonna sound so newb but so far with abilities this is the only i dont get yet cause i just started using my shouts (stupid i know lol) but i got the sprint and force and i have Fire Breat but cant use it, does this mean i just have to slay another dragon and absorb it to use it? i think thats what i gotta do just wanna make sure thats all i have to do to be able to use more shouts :)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I got the full Marked For Death shout just before the final mission, and it REALLY helped.
It works well on high level Draugrs (maybe not the highest), they run away and slowly lose health until dead.
Pretty quick to recharge , too.

There are other shouts sure to rock, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
elemental fury or slow time

mellojoe

Yes. Just kill a dragon, and then you can "unlock" the shout. You find shouts at word walls. But they are locked until you select "unlock" and you can only unlock them if you have a dragon soul, which you only get after killing a dragon (or if you visit the greybeards and they give you a couple for free). You don't have to unlock them straight away, so you can save the dragon souls for shouts that you like.

As far as the OP topic:
I'm still a Fus-Ro-DAH guy. It interrupts attacks, stuns opponents, and lets me close the distance on ranged enemies. it has a quick cooldown timer, so I can reuse within the same battle if needed.

I thought I would really like the disarm shout, but I have not run into a powerful enemy in which their weapon was the problem. It is either dudes wielding magiks or dragons. So, I just haven't used this one like I thought I would.

whiskey

I rarely use my shouts, but when I do I use Ice Form, Become Ethereal and Marked for Death. Most of the time I shout accidently at nothing when I'm exploring.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Sprinting is also one of my favorites. It's a good thing to have when you do damage through ranged attacks. I'm just discovering this.. :eek:

Sky High

Resident of Earth and Wonderland
Honestly, it depends on the character I'm playing. To my current sneak-mage (that doesnt use weapons or Destruction magic, only pickpocketing poison and Conjuration), however, Marked for Death and Throw Voice are shouts I couldn't do without.

LoL acutally one other shout ive been using ALOT since ive been exploring in the north mountains. CLEAR SKYS its so annoying walking around at night in a blizzard plus the land scape is beautiful at night if you can see it!

the loud one.

Epsilon

Shaun
Playing as an conjuration archer assasin,

Aura whisper
Throw voice
these are my 2 favorits

i dig that combo, just curious which summon do you normally use? I have a little conjuration with my paladin, no perks in it but i love the atronach for range since i charge in. Just curious if you use one as well to kill plops before it reaches you or you using a tank type summon to draw aggro? Seems like a fun character either way

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Marked for Death is my absolute favorite. Using that shout on jarls is funny. Especially miss high and mighty maven black-briar.

I also like Animal Allegiance, for the Bosmer who don't like to harm animals.

Other than that, I use Dragonrend a lot a lot. I have more dragon souls then I know what to do with.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I got the full Marked For Death shout just before the final mission, and it REALLY helped.
It works well on high level Draugrs (maybe not the highest), they run away and slowly lose health until dead.
Pretty quick to recharge , too.

There are other shouts sure to rock, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I've only got the first one, and it's still one of my favorite shouts. Hope I'll find the other two soon!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts