• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Volanere

Grand Magister
--------------- playing most frequently
Imperial (Sneaking criminal mainly DB, TG, or warrior(Legionnaire with heavy armor sword and shield) Fighters Guild and the Legion, paladin (knight of the nine), battlemage maybe)
---------------playing from time to time
Nord (Pure warrior either heavy armor or barbarian style in all cases two handed weapons very aggressive playstyle, companion and a true son of Skyrim :))
Breton (Mage, (pure mage mainly maybe battlemage) mages guild FTW.)
--------------playing rarely
Orc (Co's hammer rules :D and one of my first characters was an orc battlemage in Oblivion :D)
Bosmer (Repect for Legolas, sneking ranger good chartacter)
------------- never played
Dunmer (for the ultimate Daedra worshiper Evil character, serial killer)
Redguard (for the ultimate sellsword and martial artist)
High Elf (enjoy being a racist @sshole)
Argonian( DB all the way)
Khajiit (well, at least I wrote a fan fiction about them that nobody reads :p)
Not all Altmer are racist @ssholes just a few:D

Panthera

Don Gato
In my case is pretty much obvious... my avatar and user name says it all! ^^

^The other races can only bow to this majestic race!^

Khajiit was my first choice when I played Morrowind (though I've never finished it).
It was my first choice in Oblivion and just like tradition goes on Skrim was the same. :)

Chadonraz

Nord is my favourite race.
Khajiit is a close second, because I like cats and they have the awesome Night Eye ability. They don't make fine rugs, though.

Vaga8ond

Bosmer - Only class I can use for Archer based class
Breton - Magic/ranged based classes
Redguard - Melee based classes
Altmer - Magic based classes

The rest I have tried I just don't really feel any of them. Khajit would be cool if they were more cat like and less human.

Panthera

Don Gato
Yeah , only the Dominion are :p... and some other elves like Taarie ( The owner of Radiant Raiment in Solitude).
... and Volanere and so on... :D ;)

Docta Corvina

Imperials and Bretons are my personal favorites. Imperials are Romans sexy, cultured, and gorgeous - and they're the first race in ES I ever played. Bretons are adorable and fascinating as a race of dual heritage.

Since playing 'Dragonborn', I've developed a growing appreciation for Dark Elves, and look forward to playing Morrowind very soon.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Yeah , only the Dominion are :p... and some other elves like Taarie ( The owner of Radiant Raiment in Solitude).
She happens to be my wife lol.

Zernor2618

1. Bosmer- I've always liked playing the Bosmer perhaps it's because they get to work with animals and they are one with nature in their homeland which seems to create a peaceful atmosphere in my eyes, I also like how they would need to use everything from an animal such as using the bones of animals to create animals and using everything since they can't use wood, or any other material in Valenwood.

2. Khajiit- I don't know, I just always like the idea of the outcasts trying to survive, especially in Skyrim where they are treated horribly, I also like how they are unflinching to go too one of the harshest places in order to make a living, you just have to appreciate it on some level and give them respect, they've earn't everything they've got in this land. I don't know in my eyes they really are one of the best races for how they adapt to this harsh land.

Ariadne33

1. Breton - (Game Mechanics) Because it's easy to hit 85% magic resist and you don't have to use armor enchants to do it.
2. High Elf - (Game Mechanics) The Magicka boost helps a lot in the early game and translates into more points you can spend on health for the late game. Their passive is really amazing until or unless you get armor that makes your spells free.
3. Argonian - (Mostly Flavor but Minor Game Mechanics) The look the coolest and have the most unusual passive. Their active is pretty good too.
4. Khajit - (Just Flavor) They look cool.
5. Dark Elf + Orc (Flavor) They both look really evil.
6. Redguard and Nord are my least favorite, human, look pretty boring, abilities aren't super exciting but Nord has the edge there at least.

Wildroses

If Altmer as a race are going to be derided and harassed because of the existence of jerks like the Thalmor and Taarie, I would like to propose that Redguards should be derided and harassed as well as Nazeem and Braith are Redguards, and Nords too should be derided and harassed as Farengar Secret-Fire and all of Jarl Balgruuf's children are Nords.

Or we could, you know, judge people as individuals and not by race... :p

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
If Altmer as a race are going to be derided and harassed because of the existence of jerks like the Thalmor and Taarie, I would like to propose that Redguards should be derided and harassed as well as Nazeem and Braith are Redguards, and Nords too should be derided and harassed as Farengar Secret-Fire and all of Jarl Balgruuf's children are Nords.

Or we could, you know, judge people as individuals and not by race... :p
Agreed, there are many different examples of the races who have personalities that span the entire spectrum

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
Altmer FTW!

I also like the Dunmer.. And the Bosmer.. But not the Orsimer.
(And yes, I do like the Mer races).

Panthera

Don Gato
Altmer FTW!

I also like the Dunmer.. And the Bosmer.. But not the Orsimer.
(And yes, I do like the Mer races).
except for orismer...

Wolfking

Dark Elf wizard. Real name Casik.
Why did Bethesda remove Dwemer? They are the best damn race. Dwarves rule. Does anyone know why dwarves were not included in any of the games?

Ritterkreuz

Argonian.

I like the Nords and all, and I've run a couple of Nord Dragonborn, but there's just something I love about playing an Argonian Warrior. They just look like such an unlikely hero type. On top of that their Hitskin is a very handy tool from time to time.

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
Why did Bethesda remove Dwemer? They are the best damn race. Dwarves rule. Does anyone know why dwarves were not included in any of the games?

Because they disappeared - extinction. It would be kind of weird to play as a Dwemer when they are actually extinct, especially in Skyrim.

kyleekay

I haven't played all the races yet, but here's my preference so far:

• Breton
  • Khajiit
  • Dunmer
  • Altmer
  • Imperial
  • Orc
I'll be abandoning my Imperial soon though, and trying a Nord. So we'll see what happens.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts