• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Volanere

Grand Magister
I think this has already been done but i would like to know, what is your favorite race/races? Why do you like that specific race is it because of the lore behind them etc.?
For me it goes:
Altmer
Bosmer
Dunmer
Khajiit
Imperial
Orc
Argonian
Breton
Redguard
Nord

To me im a really big fan of the elven races they just seem to be more wise and powerful. I especially love the Altmer they seem to be a intelligent and mighty race. I also love elven lore since they are so old and have been through so much.

So list your favorites in order i would like to see what people choose and know why they choose it.

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
hmmm lets see.....

nord
nord
nord
nord
nord
imperial
thalmor

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
1.Redguard
2.Orc (They are not monsters :))
3.Breton
4.Bosmer
5.Dunmer
6.Altmer

I can't decide between Nords , Imperials , Argonians and Khajits , man :confused:. \
The reason I like Redguards is because they lost their previous homeland , Yokuda. Also they are the best one-handed fighters in Tamriel :D.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
1: Redguards to the max :D
2: Breton simply because of my oblivion character was this
3: Nords o_O funny mofo bandits lol
4: Altmer
5: Khajiit

Volanere

Grand Magister
Wow i thought redguard was one of the least used races.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
1. Dunmer
2. Argonian
3. Bosmer
4. Redguard
5. Nord

Yet ironically, I always characterize myself as an Imperial.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Bosmer
Argonian
Dunmer
Breton
Orsimer
Khajiit
Nord
Redguard
Altmer
Imperial

Top 3 are because Bosmer are of the forest such as I am, Argonian because....well they are just amazing and especially in Skyrim I like them because they are closer to a dragon than the others, and Dunmer because my very first Elder Scrolls game and still my favorite game of all time is Morrowind

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
Khajiit because I like cats. :cool:

haha just kidding, kind of..the Khajiit are my favorite, and at first I WAS drawn to them because I am a huge cat fan..but I really like them in the game, I think the desert/nomadic culture they have going on is sweet! They seem kind of exotic with their accents, and their jewelry etc. I also like how in Skyrim they have a very distinct lynx/caracal look in general.(as opposed to previous ES games) I really enjoy playing as a Khajiit too. Owning everyone in fistfights! haha. and never needing to carry a torch. I don't care what everyone else in Skyrim says about Khajiit, they are awesome! lol :p

next is Nord, then Redguard

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Skyrim.

Because in a fantasy world, you can get away with categorizing people based on their race. :p

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Here's mine from most favorite to least favorite. All the others i refuse to play lol.

[1.]Khajiit
[2.]Nord
[3.]Argonian
[4.]Dark Elf

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
DWEMER
Dunmer
Bosmer
Orsimer
Khajiit
Altmer
Breton
Nord
Argonian
Redguard
Imperial

I don't not like any races, I just don't really play argonians or humans much, so the order doesn't really matter for me.

Cazimir

Let's see...

Dunmer
Altmer
Imperial
Bosmer
Argonian
Orc
Khajiit
Nord
Breton
Redguard

Ask me tomorrow and I might rank the first seven totally differently. Although, aside from Imperials, I don't have much love for the human races. Nords, Bretons, and Redguards would stay in the bottom three.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Nord
Imperial
Orc
Redguard
Dunmer
Bosmer
Breton
Argonian
Khajiit
Altmer

Nord...because Nord, obviously. But I also really like the Imperials. Orcs have always fascinated me despite me never having created an Orc character. Redguards are also another race I've wanted to try because they seem badass. Dunmer because of Morrowind and Dark Elves are cool. Bosmer because I like Legolas. Breton because their story is kind of interesting...being slaves and all. Argonian and Khajiit because I'm not a huge fan of of the beast races, even though there is nothing wrong with them, they're just not my cup of tea. And Altmer goes last because, really, they epitomize everything I dislike about elves: they think they're better than everyone, they're heavily magic-based, and they live forever. It's like you taken Tolkien's elves, suck out their awesome mystique, make them evil, and you've got the Altmer.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Nord
Redguard

Wildroses

Altmer
Dunmer

And I haven't actually ever tried playing another race. I've got a bit of a thing for elves, and I had a Dunmer save right after the tutorial so I wouldn't have to keep playing it. Magic users draw me in RPGs, so Altmers are one of my favourites. Physically as well. The gold skin, green eyes and jet black hair can look real cute if you spend a few minutes tweaking the features.

Adventurer

--------------- playing most frequently
Imperial (Sneaking criminal mainly DB, TG, or warrior(Legionnaire with heavy armor sword and shield) Fighters Guild and the Legion, paladin (knight of the nine), battlemage maybe)
---------------playing from time to time
Nord (Pure warrior either heavy armor or barbarian style in all cases two handed weapons very aggressive playstyle, companion and a true son of Skyrim :))
Breton (Mage, (pure mage mainly maybe battlemage) mages guild FTW.)
--------------playing rarely
Orc (Co's hammer rules :D and one of my first characters was an orc battlemage in Oblivion :D)
Bosmer (Repect for Legolas, sneking ranger good chartacter)
------------- never played
Dunmer (for the ultimate Daedra worshiper Evil character, serial killer)
Redguard (for the ultimate sellsword and martial artist)
High Elf (enjoy being a racist @sshole)
Argonian( DB all the way)
Khajiit (well, at least I wrote a fan fiction about them that nobody reads :p)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts