• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
i agree time to close thread, obviously some ppl can't handle a true nord

I believe I "handled" it just fine. The question posed was which race people prefer to play in Skyrim. Keep comments contained to that and the thread is welcome to continue.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I left out perhaps my favorite to play in my earlier catalogue, lol.

My Bretons have quickly become my "go-to" race in Skyrim.

They seem to fit about every "class" I come up with, have innate magic resistance as well as spell casting and make great archers, assassins and friends of the Forsworn.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Nord every time. Mainly due to my obsession with Viking/Scandinavian culture and the sheer beauty of that part of the world.

That rugged, weather worn essence is something I hold dear - being a Northumbrian descendant myself.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Nords. I like to play as a barbarian and they seem to fit the best for me. I love their history and way of life, the way of the warrior. Their frost resistance is perfect for a melee class character too. They look incredibly badass in a set of fur armour and add warpaint and a scar or two and you have your very own viking warrior!

ShadowHunter

I hate Nords. They hate anyone that isn't a Nord, and they act like Skyrim belongs to them when they stole it from the Snow Elves. Nords are power hungry douchebags, especially Ulfric and Galmar

Grob

It is such a hard thing to decide :/ . I hate High Elves, never interested in Bosmer, Redguards or Bretons.

Khajiit I half like and hate, like because of the way the Khajiit go on about business in Skyrim even though they get hated on by the Nords and that the caravans are always nice (these sands are cold, but Khajiit feels warmness in your presence, May your road lead you to warm sands). But the cat that ruins the race for me is J'zargo. He is SO ARROGANT!

I guess it is a choice between, Orc, Nord, Khajiit and Argonian. I'll have to play the last two races to decide though! Guess I'm just lucky that you can do more than one play through! If you could only play the game once I would spend a whole year deciding what race to be :confused:

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
High Elf, extra magicka+speedy movement = here comes the damage....

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You couldn't smell Ralof on that wagon?

My Gawd, do we Nords ever bathe?
Been in Skyrim almost a year now and the closest I've come is swimming across the lake to get to Solitude. I must smell rank... Thank goodness my armor's airtight!

Chadonraz

Nord, definitely. Reasons:

- the 50% resistance to Frost (makes a big difference on difficulties higher than Novice)
- being treated better than any other race (by Nord NPCs, most notably guards)
- racial bonuses in just the right skills (the +5 in Speech and Smithing are especially useful)
- I'm semi-Scandinavian, so playing as a Nord seems kind of natural
- height: I'm pretty tall in real life, so I don't want to be small in the game

:D

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Redguard because once you go black.. you can never go back :p

No, no, NOOOOO! You had to bring THAT in HERE! I won't be looking at the Redguards the same way I used to do now.

And besides, Argonian of course. They look cool, they're uncommon, and they make the best looking robe/jewelry based mages in the world! (Oh, and also because being a powerful Argonian mage would potentially upset some of the more arrogant Elves. Well, deal with it.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts