• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SanSalvador15

I didn't see any topic about your favorite follower, so I decided to start one. (I tagged it with a spoiler, just in case any conversations lead to any spoilers)

My favorite follower to have is cicero. I love that he says you tickle him when you go to trade stuff with him :D

Windcutter

Screw the rules, I have money!
Well, I've had a few followers. I started off with Lydia, which was fine and all, but then I decided to go for a magician so I chose Onmund. He sucked, so I went for a warrior guy called Cosnac, but he died inside a cave during a quest. So, while I was drowning my sorrows in a tavern, I accidentally got into a brawl with Uthgerd the Unbroken and, after I won the brawl, I offered her to join me as my follower. Things were going great until Uthgerd died inside another cave. Frustrated, I hired Vorstag, some warrior in Markarth. However, we fell in love so I didn't want him to be my follower anymore in case he would die. I got Lydia back, but she got killed by a dragon. My current follower is Jenassa, a dual-wielding Dark Elf. xD

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
My favorite is J'Zargo: he's an excellent mage, levels along w/ my character, doesn't get in the way, and hasn't died on me yet!

Chryss

My favorite is the Sanguine Dremora. He is never in my way, only shows up when I call him and goes away when hes done cleaning up the "weaklings" OH, and he makes me laugh.

I have used quite a few followers and they all find a way to sabotage me, by stepping on the wrong thing or bolting out in front when I am trying to be stealthy. I'll stick with Sanguine.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
A summoned Dremora is not a follower. :p

Your followers wont sabotage you if you give them specific instructions. You can direct their movement to ensure they don't set off traps and you can tell them to wait while you stealth recon an area. A lot of players use them as mules this way, but I prefer to direct Lydia to attack enemies while I take pictures. :)

Lydia is my favorite follower. She's good with both bow and sword & shield and her level cap is 50. she'll also use staves if you give them to her so she can play the role of psuedo-battlemage follower for you. However if you aren't playing on a PC then she is not a good follower because she has an encumbrance bug where everytime she leaves and rejoins you she creates a duplicate set of invisible inventory (her default armor, shield and bow). Eventually this can happen enough times to exceed her carrying capacity.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
...However if you aren't playing on a PC then she is not a good follower because she has an encumbrance bug where everytime she leaves and rejoins you she creates a duplicate set of invisible inventory (her default armor, shield and bow). Eventually this can happen enough times to exceed her carrying capacity.

I have this problem on Uthgerdt, a long time follower of mine, recently released... if I pickpocket her as she's sitting in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, she has 3-4 full sets of her base Steel Armor.

I enjoyed her company, as well as Lydia's (though the, "I am sworn to carry your burdens" got irritating), really liked Jenassa as well. Faendal was nice early on, but a bit boring.

I liked that Uthgerdt oftentimes kinda gave me a heads-up of some impending danger via dialogue.

I'm currently using J'Zargo, but have only explored BlackReach with him, not too much fighting in there. He keeps bugging me about the Staff of Magnus...

Chryss

A summoned Dremora is not a follower. :p

Your followers wont sabotage you if you give them specific instructions. You can direct their movement to ensure they don't set off traps and you can tell them to wait while you stealth recon an area. A lot of players use them as mules this way, but I prefer to direct Lydia to attack enemies while I take pictures. :)

Lydia is my favorite follower. She's good with both bow and sword & shield and her level cap is 50. she'll also use staves if you give them to her so she can play the role of psuedo-battlemage follower for you. However if you aren't playing on a PC then she is not a good follower because she has an encumbrance bug where everytime she leaves and rejoins you she creates a duplicate set of invisible inventory (her default armor, shield and bow). Eventually this can happen enough times to exceed her carrying capacity.

Yes I know the Sanguine is not a follower, but in my mind, when I am in a pinch I can call him up and its awesome. When I first started I used Lydia alot and she is great. but I didnt know about the encumbrance bug, that explains why when i re-used her for a particular quest she couldnt carry anything even tho she didnt have much except for a couple of weapons i gave her and the full set of ebony armor I gave her. When I tried to give her some stuff to carry it said there was too much to carry. Yes I play on XBox 360.
Right now, I tend to travel alone, another reason the Sanguine is my choice for a helper when needed.

Dagmar

I never tried pickpocketing Lydia but that might be something you can try on Xbox to remove her extra inventory.

One thing that you can do with followers that you can't do with summoned minions is customize them with gear. This can be task at lower levels which is why some players don't do it and why their followers die so often but if your into the whole customization of equipment thing in general it can be entertaining to do the same for a follower and you'll ultimately reap the rewards for your work.

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
How do you know if the character following you levels up? Is this only on PC because I had Lydia follow me until she died on one of my characters and she was weak as hell. One hit and she would drop to her knee even though I pumped her up with legendary ebony armor and weapons. Is there another thing I need to do to level them or is it automatic?

Dagmar

On the PC you can get their stats but all followers level with up to their level cap. Sometimes followers will not level with you as long as they are following you. This can be fixed by dismissing them, leaving their area and the recruiting them again.

Also, most followers don't have any armor perks regardless of level so the displayed armor rating for a set of armor when you look at it in your inventory may not be the same as when they wear it and normal Legendary Ebony Armor will be well below the armor rating necessary to get the maximium 80% resistance to physical damage (especially if you don't give her the shield). Just to give you an idea, I don't have any smithing perks for heavy armors, but even so I made Daedric Armor and smithed it with 100 Smithing skill, 162% in Fortify Smithing enchantments, and Ancient Knowledge. With shield she only has an armor rating of 619 and that's with her Heavy Armor skill at 100. You can see her relevant stats and gear in my album titled "Lydia In Action". It was a bit of work but the end result is she can solo pretty much anything in the game, including multiple opponents.

locomoto

Life is the only thing worth living for
There's so many people you can choose as followers, I like to change it up.
The 3 Characters who stayed with me the longest were Lydia until she died, Iola until I got sick of her and I got the opportunity to recruit Kharjo who's with me to this very day.:)

M'aiqaelF

I don't think any follower but Cicero is worth the effort. I only want him because he is such a nut!

that may be a problem when you get towards the end of the Assassin's Guild questline.....

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
No prob. I offed him one time in a past game so I ready this time. Really hoping to see him on the road to Whiterun this tme through now that I know who he is.

M'aiqaelF

I wonder if he can be your follower again if you spare him?

Champion8877

i've just been rolling with Lydia off and on. and idk why but she lives in my house in whiterun lol. and we are not married, im married to Ysloda. but one day i came home and Lydia and Ysloda were just sitting at the table having lunch lol. has this happened to anybody else?

Dagmar

i've just been rolling with Lydia off and on. and idk why but she lives in my house in whiterun lol. and we are not married, im married to Ysloda. but one day i came home and Lydia and Ysloda were just sitting at the table having lunch lol. has this happened to anybody else?
She's probably always been there. She moves in when you become Thane of Whiterun after completing the quest Dragon Uprising because she's your Housecarl. The extra bedroom is hers although she prefers to sit at the corner table in your bedroom munching on bread all day long. :p

KrazyLizard

As a suggestion for a good follower, get Vile's dog to follow you but do not complete the quest. This may of been a bug on the Ps3 but I had him follow me around, and he does comment on certain situations.

One a side note there is an old Wasteland themed moved called "A Boy and his Dog" that features a very young Don Johnson and a telepathic dog companion. The production values are quite low compared to today's movies yet its worth a look at if your into weird, independent movies like myself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts