• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Currently, Marcurio. I love how he doesn't hurl himself in front of me when I'm trying to roast something with magic and he's pretty all right with magic himself. Oddly, I also love his whining. "I am an apprentice wizard, not a pack mule!" and so on. Cracks me up every time. And really, how many other NPCs with just as much cause, open their mouths and complain about hauling your stuff from end to end of the country?

SaveVsBedWet

A summoned Dremora is not a follower. :p

Your followers wont sabotage you if you give them specific instructions. You can direct their movement to ensure they don't set off traps and you can tell them to wait while you stealth recon an area. A lot of players use them as mules this way, but I prefer to direct Lydia to attack enemies while I take pictures. :)

Lydia is my favorite follower. She's good with both bow and sword & shield and her level cap is 50. she'll also use staves if you give them to her so she can play the role of psuedo-battlemage follower for you. However if you aren't playing on a PC then she is not a good follower because she has an encumbrance bug where everytime she leaves and rejoins you she creates a duplicate set of invisible inventory (her default armor, shield and bow). Eventually this can happen enough times to exceed her carrying capacity.

She's the exact same as Jordis then, cause all of the above applies to her. Gotta admit though, put a set of Ebony Mail on her, enchant some ebony gauntlets that boost archery, hand her an enchanted sword that drains health and a serious bow, and she is almost worse to see coming than my character is. And when she has a destruction based staff? LOL! Watching an NPC spamming enemies mercilessly with a shock stick is truly a hilarious experience. Especially since she doesn't stop when they run. They simply disappear over the hills like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon with the enemy zig zagging and getting shocked in the ass and Jordis screaming "I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU". Two go out but only one comes back!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Poor Marcurio. I used him for a sacrifice. Mainly to irk my friend because she married him in her game.

I only use Cicero. No other follower matters.

Dovakiin98

I just lost Lydia in the dwarven ruin in Markath,but I got over it pretty quickly and hired Belrand and so far he rocks.I also like Cicero because he cacks me up!:)

kirak95197

Writer
I have this problem on Uthgerdt, a long time follower of mine, recently released... if I pickpocket her as she's sitting in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, she has 3-4 full sets of her base Steel Armor.

I enjoyed her company, as well as Lydia's (though the, "I am sworn to carry your burdens" got irritating), really liked Jenassa as well. Faendal was nice early on, but a bit boring.

I liked that Uthgerdt oftentimes kinda gave me a heads-up of some impending danger via dialogue.

I'm currently using J'Zargo, but have only explored BlackReach with him, not too much fighting in there. He keeps bugging me about the Staff of Magnus...

What about Staff of Magnus? Is he wanting it? I'm pretty sure it is beside Jarl of Solitude in a basket. To the right of the throne if your facing it.

kirak95197

Writer
I just lost Lydia in the dwarven ruin in Markath,but I got over it pretty quickly and hired Belrand and so far he rocks.I also like Cicero because he cacks me up!:)

Belrand died on me on my way up to High Hrothgar, but he took that Frost troll to hell with him.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What about Staff of Magnus? Is he wanting it? I'm pretty sure it is beside Jarl of Solitude in a basket. To the right of the throne if your facing it.
I'm absolutely certain it isn't beside the Jarl of Solitude in a basket.

J'zargo, like almost all of the apprentices and instructors at the College of Winterhold, is going to periodically ask about this once your progression in the College of Winterhold main questline progresses to a certain point and until you complete the questline.

kirak95197

Writer
I'm absolutely certain it isn't beside the Jarl of Solitude in a basket.

J'zargo, like almost all of the apprentices and instructors at the College of Winterhold, is going to periodically ask about this once your progression in the College of Winterhold main questline progresses to a certain point and until you complete the questline.

I wonder what staff is there than... I forget.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I use Lucien Lachance, the initiates, and Cicero. Everyone else is expendable and consumable.

XbSuper

I like janessa, she suits my stealth style playthrough nicely... However, as a whole, I dislike having followers of any sort. The game is already super easy, why take away what difficulty there is by letting a follower do all the work?

P.s. to those of you with a weak Lydia, hit her with the wabbajack and her level will reset. This trick works with any follower that doesn't level with you.

treacletoes

I've had Golldir from right near the beginning as Lydia died when we stumbled on hillgrund's tomb and helped clear it for golldir. He's ace,very funny, often accusing enemies attacks of being like flea bites etc.
He's a nord so he's strong, and he'll happily use any weapon you give him including staffs which I forget to use myself.
I had a dog called vigilance as well for a while but he was killed, I don't want another dog now, its too depressing.
Not heard anyone else talk of golldir which makes me like him even more!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I had a dog called vigilance as well for a while but he was killed, I don't want another dog now, its too depressing.
Barbas is an unkillable dog. He has a few...umm..eccentricities...but you'll learn out about them if and when you find him. :)

I liked Vigilance but I knew it was just going to be a matter of time until he died so I sent him home.

I recruited Golldir into the Blades. He seemed ideal since he lacked direction in his life after we did his quest and was ecstatic when he became a Blade.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
In the thieves guild questline where you meet up with Mercer Frey for a quest, once you team up stuff finishing the quest. Mercer just stays with you permanently until you finish that quest. Because hes an essential character he cannot be killed and he's an absolute animal in combat. Also his sneak is super high. Only problem is you cant trade with him. He simply a killing machine.

Sps Drake

The Dark Bhood initiate. Never surrenders, never dies, never betrays me. Seriously bout the never die part. Used all the words of storm call and she got up and said "Hello there." I ran away. Quickly.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Dark Bhood initiate. Never surrenders, never dies, never betrays me. Seriously bout the never die part. Used all the words of storm call and she got up and said "Hello there." I ran away. Quickly.

Cicero is the same way. Plus, he's a hoot.