• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mookie

I like Sheogorath and Hircine. They are just awesome, Sheo is all fun and crazy and Hircine likes you no matter what you do :D
And his hunting grounds are nice to.

I hate:
Molag (because I hate rapists)
Hermaeus
and Dagon

I hate the way they behave and how they treat you. I would give all for a DLC that lets me kill them :blackdragon:

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Jyggalag. Close second is Sanguine.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I like Sheogorath and Hircine. They are just awesome, Sheo is all fun and crazy and Hircine likes you no matter what you do :D
And his hunting grounds are nice to.

I hate:
Molag (because I hate rapists)
Hermaeus
and Dagon

I hate the way they behave and how they treat you. I would give all for a DLC that lets me kill them :blackdragon:
You hit the nail on the head with the Bal thing. No words that can quite describe my strong dislike of THAT particular daedric prince.

Two Bears

Meh. I'm doing side-by-side playthroughs of Skyrim and New Vegas, where I'm siding with the Legion. They're a bunch of genocidal, raping, misogynistic slavers that practice cannibalism, so ol' Molag's pretty tame by comparison.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Meh. I'm doing side-by-side playthroughs of Skyrim and New Vegas, where I'm siding with the Legion. They're a bunch of genocidal, raping, misogynistic slavers that practice cannibalism, so ol' Molag's pretty tame by comparison.

Molag Bal tortures his followers forever.

Two Bears

Molag Bal tortures his followers forever.

And Caesar conquers a tribe, kills the remaining warriors via crucifixion, takes the male children away from their mothers, strips them of their identity and turns them into legionnaires who will serve as cannon fodder so as to protect his senior troops, has the women and female children become sex slaves and eats anyone who opposes them. The game makes no qualms about it either. Molag Bal is dark, but he ain't Fallout dark.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
And Caesar conquers a tribe, kills the remaining warriors via crucifixion, takes the male children away from their mothers, strips them of their identity and turns them into legionnaires who will serve as cannon fodder so as to protect his senior troops, has the women and female children become sex slaves and eats anyone who opposes them. The game makes no qualms about it either. Molag Bal is dark, but he ain't Fallout dark.

Dude, he tortures his followers FOREVER. Nothing you listed even comes close to that.

FOREVER.

Can you honestly find one sane person who would choose Molag Bal's offer of TORTURE FOREVER over temporary slavery?

Two Bears

Dude, he tortures his followers FOREVER. Nothing you listed even comes close to that.

FOREVER.

Can you honestly find one sane person who would choose Molag Bal's offer of TORTURE FOREVER over temporary slavery?

You're missing the point. You don't see that in game. With Fallout it's in your face; a much darker world. So, siding with the bad guys in TES doesn't bother me as much.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
You're missing the point. You don't see that in game. With Fallout it's in your face; a much darker world. So, siding with the bad guys in TES doesn't bother me as much.

Right. In game.

But even then I don't see my player serving Nocturnal or any Daedra that keeps you as a slave.

Two Bears

Right. In game.

But even then I don't see my player serving Nocturnal or any Daedra that keeps you as a slave.

I don't mean it as an insult, but I find your revulsion to even the most abstract and mundane things like this to be kind of amusing. You just seem to be easily horrified.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I don't mean it as an insult, but I find your revulsion to even the most abstract and mundane things like this to be kind of amusing. You just seem to be easily horrified.

Not easily horrified, but imprisonment is my biggest phobia.

Has a lot to do with my parents showing me videos of people being tortured when I was young, but that's not something I really want to get into.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

FOREVER.

Slavery is rarely temporary. Unless there is some event to distrupt the slavery cycle, once you're a slave (paticularly in the Roman context), you, your children and all your decendents are and will be slaves forever.

Daelon DuLac

Not easily horrified, but imprisonment is my biggest phobia.

Has a lot to do with my parents showing me videos of people being tortured when I was young, but that's not something I really want to get into.
Good point. We do bring our personal belief systems, even in to a game. If we are so abstract and disassociated that we don't do that, then, that says more about us a people than anything else. Me, personally, it's the whole "thievery" and "necromancy" thing. I am just repulsed. It doesn't seem to matter what character I play, I just can't bring myself to steal from innocent people or violate the bodies of the dead (other than to eat them when I'm being all championy (sic) for Namia :)).

Two Bears

Good point. We do bring our personal belief systems, even in to a game. If we are so abstract and disassociated that we don't do that, then, that says more about us a people than anything else. Me, personally, it's the whole "thievery" and "necromancy" thing. I am just repulsed. It doesn't seem to matter what character I play, I just can't bring myself to steal from innocent people or violate the bodies of the dead (other than to eat them when I'm being all championy (sic) for Namia :)).

I don't buy into the fact that it is "your" morality that you bring to the game. I am playing a role, and as such I make decisions that make sense for that character. I am not a werewolf. I cannot turn into a 9-foot-tall man bat. But my character is or can do those things. As such, his belief system is not my own. No one tried to have me executed; I play Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Bioshock, etc without the risk of personal harm. Furthermore, the harm inflicted on a series of algorithms that represent NPCs within the game is in no way representative of my views towards people. Therefore, I reject the implication that people who may roll an evil 'toon are closet psychos.

Daelon DuLac

I don't buy into the fact that it is "your" morality that you bring to the game. I am playing a role, and as such I make decisions that make sense for that character. I am not a werewolf. I cannot turn into a 9-foot-tall man bat. But my character is or can do those things. As such, his belief system is not my own. No one tried to have me executed; I play Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Bioshock, etc without the risk of personal harm. Furthermore, the harm inflicted on a series of algorithms that represent NPCs within the game is in no way representative of my views towards people. Therefore, I reject the implication that people who may roll an evil 'toon are closet psychos.
Oh, I do agree with you. However, some folks are much better at RP than others. While I realize I'm not a buff psycho killer in real life as I play in the game, I end up with this weird dichotomy that I have certain bigotries towards behaviours (i.e. thievery in my case) that I am unable to completely suspend my own moral structure for the sake of RP. Perhaps, if I spent many hours on RP, I would get better at it and be able to better seperate, but I am, at this point, still a slave to my own emotions and cannot disassociate myself completely in order to be totally immersive.

I hope you don't think I was implying that playing evil made you a closet psycho. I certainly didn't mean that implication at all. As a matter of fact, my character is pretty psycho. No problem w/cannibalism re Namia or murding innocent people for a reward (DB, Mehrune, Bothia, Namia, Molag Bol, et al.) or slaughtering countless Foreswarn and Bandits and Fullmer. My character is greedy, trigger happy, bloodthirsty, short tempered, violent, generous, caring, charitable, helpful and patient. While I may not be all of those things, some I am.

I think my point was that, for many of us, particularly those of us that are newer or do not spend a lot of time in RP, we do tend to bring our own belief systems (whether willing or not) in to our RP, particularly in heavy RP games like Skyrim. You, on the other hand seem to have a great strength in RP and being able to immerse completely in to the characters. I admire that and hope some day to be able to be so skilled. :)

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo

I do the same, but no matter how good one is at RP, there will always be something that crosses the line. For instance, I'm sure there are rape victims that probably have a hard time playing the vampire side of Dawnguard. They might be able to RP anything else but that one thing might cross a certain line.

In my case, imprisonment is that line.

golso

This is a really interesting topic. I started off with a complete law abiding character, but I stole something from a house and felt completely horrendous. It took a while to start seeing the framework of how the game works and see NPCs not as real people with feelings to hurt but as lumps of computer code. Since then I've been robbing people blind with my thief, but I still couldn't ever steal something in real life. I think you sometimes carry your own morals into the game until you get used to inhabiting the role of your character or the game starts to lose realism. I guess it's no different to an actor playing the part of a criminal mastermind.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts