• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kaige

So, I'm new to the forums and I just wanted to try and get involved in the forums a bit more since I'm quite shy.

But I was very curious as to who your favorite daedra is, and why? Or, I even want to know if you like them all or hate them all. Just a question that's been on my mind.

My favorite Daedra is the Daedric Prince of Order, Jygglag. He is the most underrated and powerful Daedric being I've ever heard of. He was also nice enough to
let me take his former place as the Prince of Madness. :)
A couple other favorite Daedra of mine are Sheogorath, Hermaes Mora, and the lesser Storm Atronach that was used by the Dragonborn.

Flame Atronachs, with Spriggans as a close second. The former are so hot, and I love their graceful flips, and the little trail of fire they leave behind. Spriggans are just scary, as they should be, and yet beautiful at the same time. I sincerely appreciate the dichotomy there.

Flame Atronachs, with Spriggans as a close second. The former are so hot, and I love their graceful flips, and the little trail of fire they leave behind. Spriggans are just scary, as they should be, and yet beautiful at the same time. I sincerely appreciate the dichotomy there.
I had no idea that Spriggans were Daedric beings...

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
I haven't encountered all the Daedra yet, so I can't speak to those, but for now my favorites are:

A) Sheogorath (Love his quest in Skyrim. Also love his demeanor. It's just nutty and wonderful.)
B) Sanguine (I finally learned how to sneak when I had to get away from that mother-father giant. Also debauchery, who doesn't love some debauchery?)
C) Calvicus Vile (Also a wonderful quest. Barbas was especially good, and invincible, and non-whiny... I don't know why I gave him up as a follower.)

In addition, there is a special place of contempt forever in my heart for:
A) Peryite (Just give me a reason, just a little bit's enough... Seriously though. Getting me high and asking me favors isn't the best plan.)
B) Hircine (Hunting is fun... Not that fun.)
C) Namira (Eww. Canniablism.)
D) Also Hermaeus Mora was a bit of an ass.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Meridia, Azura and Sheogorath. Mainly due to Meridia and Azura being "Good" Daedra it just seems like they might care about your well being....albeit not very much. Sheogorath is just hilarious and I feel like if I don't include him I might not get any cheese.

I hate:
Molag Bal
Vaermina
Namira
I just can't stand them.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Sheogorath, Meridia, Mehrunes Dagon and Azura. They are awesome!

Malacath.

Even though the other Daedra don't really consider him a Prince, he is rather interesting.

I always liked the idea of a once-pure individual becoming corrupted and turning into something more evil and powerful. In this case , Trinimac became Malacath, or at least, his death was a stepping stone to his creation.

Karen

boop.
In terms of Daedric Princes, it's always Sheogorath, like most people - honestly, he was the only one that really made an impression on me. And Barbas.

For lesser Daedra, I also really like the Flame Atronachs. When they're not hurling fire in my general direction, they're nice to watch. Graceful, in a word, as Psiberzerker said.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Definitely Sheogorath and Sanguine. Those guys have so much fun. Their missions in Oblivion were far better, in my opinion, though. Check them out if you want a real laugh. :D

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Meridia was the first daedric prince I was exposed to EVER in the elder scrolls, so my dragonborn will always be loyal there. As for others, Sheogorath is hilarious, and crazy peopleare awesome. Mehrunes and his dremora are cool. Azura's voice is awesome. I'll post more when I have time.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
And yet another vote for Sheogorath!

Because cheese.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Luvs me Sheogarth & Sanguine (they're nuts and I gotta love that). I love that, after the Rose quest, you can keep going back to the keep and he's there (Sanguine) lookiing all lost and lonely. The Sheogarth thing to me was just dumb, but the Wabberjack is a lot of fun.

Personally I have a soft spot for both Namira and Malog Bol though. I just luvs me some nasty! Plus, for the longest time I wore Namira's ring and the "Feed/loot" question always made me smile.

I agree on the Flame Antronachs too. They're grace and the massive explosion when you kill them is awesome!

I didn't know Spriggans were considered Daedric either, but I luv them too. Even at higher levels they can be a challenge, plus their parts are great for alchemy.

Two Bears

Lore wise I think that Hermaeus Mora is pretty awesome, with forbidden knowledge and all that. In terms of gameplay Sanguine's and Clavicus Vile's quests are always the most fun, so those are the ones that I look forward to.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I despise Molag Bal and Nocturnal, and dislike Namira. Molag Bal is... he just gets my blood boiling and leave it at that. You are FORCED into Nocturnal's service to complete one of the big questlines (I hate being forced to do anything). Namira and cannibalism just aren't my thing. I'm neutral with the rest.

golso

My current character being a nightingale and because of her sheer fabulousness I must go for Nocturnal. That woman knows how to make an entrance. I would definitely cosplay her if I had the guts/sewing skills.

I must say though, I've just started Sheogorath's quest for the first time and he is kind of perfect. The voice actor deserves a pat on the back, what a brilliant job.

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
I would definitely cosplay her if I had the guts/sewing skills.

Doooooooo it.

No, like I said earlier, I haven't been around the game much and I know quite a few people who are serious fans of Nocturnal.

The first time I played through Azura's Star, I might of been level 15 (I was essentially the minimum level) and I didn't quite understand how irrationally hard daedric quests tend to be. I had to console hack my way out of that one.