Explain your avatar

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
All right, so here you can tell us where your avatar is taken from and why you picked yours. Please include an image of your avatar as it might change in the future and people wouldn’t be able to understand your post anymore.

Mine is this one and is actually transparent:
32.jpg

(the board cuts it off for some reason and gives it a white background)

It originated from this webcomic by K.C. Green. It was the first thing that I could think of and it bears a vague resemblance to me in that I also have long, brown hair, a chin beard (I’m aspiring after something along the lines of this) and glasses although I don’t have to wear those.
I think I will change it to my Skyrim character though as soon as the game is released.

How about you guys?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
5b22cb10fde5604b0005848c136e6741

I took this picture in Berlin's Etnlogisch museum 2009. There was a presentation called "Vodou. Art and Cult from Haiti." If I remember correctly, these two are guardian spirits trapped in those two dolls. Yes, skulls are actual skulls dug from some unknown grave and attached to those idols. It was by far the most grim museum visit I've ever had. There was this one room filled with around twenty man-sized dolls, each of them having a skull.
I am not sure why chose this picture to be my gravatar, maybe because it's the grimiest thing I could find from "My Pictures" -folder?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
8.jpg

This is basically from a webcomic that is based on Oblivion. It's about a Khajiit that comes to Cyrodiil from Hammerfall to start a new life but (mostly) fail miserably at it. The premise the comic is that it's a 'prequel' to the oblivion game, meaning that the Khajiit will probably end up in jail somehow and meet the Emperor, etc. The comic is pretty awesome :]
www.prequeladventure.com

Swordsmansmith

Mine is a pic of me from the Haunted Trail I help out at every Halloween. All our proceeds go to ST. Jude's children's hospital. I was the exotic beast at the carnival scene.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You do know though that you can do that without them as well, right ;) ?

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
EDIT: Yeah, I don't have my old avatar to link inline, but this is one I've used for quite some time so I'll just edit and explain it.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops had this image within it's save information on the data stick, and I happened to find it when I had the stick in my computer messing with my PSP vids and stuff. Love it, and haven't found it anywhere else, so it's been my go-to avatar.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Remember, folks, please include your current avatar in your posts! Just use the following BBCode:

[img]IMAGE URL[/img]

R6 Girl 76

Mine is from the game Aion that I used to play, I loved the game and the toon creation and took lots of screen shots, I just cut out my toons head for the avatar.
ava.jpg

Aion0060.jpg

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
I used this one because it's the only picture I have of myself, aside from the ones my wife has on her laptop that she's managed to sucker me into or sneak in over the years. It won't change, so I won't bother posting it.

I like DeadHands current avatar, I'll have to find that for my wife ~ she would rock that for sure!

Stone

Retired Moderator
My avatar is a picture of some stones. Uhm. Because my name is Stone. ;)

Zaknafein

Zaknafein is the father of Drizzt Do' Urden from R.A. Salvadors Forgotten realms books. My avatar is taken from the Forgotten realms character wiki site. I highly advise reading the dark elf trilogy and more over the legacy of the Drow series for anyone who is into fantasy books who like dark elves.

some of the best reading I have ever experienced.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
193.jpg

My name means sandwich in Dutch, so that's basically why :3.

Been my nickname for about 2 years now. Luckily it isn't being picked all that often by other people.

Zaknafein

193.jpg

My name means sandwich in Dutch, so that's basically why :3.

Been my nickname for about 2 years now. Luckily it isn't being picked all that often by other people.

------
(slowly changes all profile names to Broodje the duke of Sandwich)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts