• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
I think youll find that the nords are to week minded and need a structured system, either it be the Empire or the Thalmor one will always have to provide. One day all of Tamriel will be united under the dominion and there shall be no war. Except maybe for the radical rebelious groups here and there, but they will be crushed.
( In that annoying thalmor voice you all hate) lol

Well it seems those under the Aldmeri banner are both unable to piece together a fluent, properly written paragraph, nor can they spell "weak" correctly.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Well it seems those under the Aldmeri banner are both unable to piece together a fluent, properly written paragraph, nor can they spell "weak" correctly.
It seems so, we all aren't perfect. Just trying to have a little fun.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
If you're an altmer, you should probably choose Aldmeri Dominion. If you're another race, you should probably choose Empire, unless you're an idiot.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Oh lord who necroed this thread? :p

standalone

If you're an altmer, you should probably choose Aldmeri Dominion. If you're another race, you should probably choose Empire, unless you're an idiot.
Aldmeri Dominion =/= Altmer

Many Altmer are in other parts of Tamriel because they fled the tyranny of the Aldmeri Dominion. The Aldmeri Dominion isn't characterized as the bad guys because it's Mer dominated, it's characterized that way because it's a totalitarian oppressive regime.

a bunny in 3d

I could not for the life of me see any possibilities of the Dark Brotherhood, Forsworn and the Greybeards getting involved in the war against the A.D. Yes the Forsworn hates the Thalmor, but remember they also despises Nords with a passion, and rather see them all be liquidated. They already have their little war against them, so I can't possibly see them becoming allies of the Stormcloaks to defeat the A.D

The Graybeards will not get involved as their 100% neutral. They do not believe in using the voice as a weapon. They only use it to worship the gods, not to please man.

As far as the Dark Brotherhood goes... They are their own organization. They assassinated the Emperor without forming an allegation them with the Stormcloaks, so why now? I can't see it happening... unless if the stormcloaks preform the black sacrament, but even then I don't see the Stormcloaks doing such thing as that.
the thalmor did wipe out the dark brotherhood in cyrodil during the great war so the dark brotherhood might try and protect themselves by eliminating the threat.
If the thalmor invaded they start in the reach its closer and by fortifying it they will eliminate any reinforcements from hammerfell,this would bring them into contact with the forsworn meaning the forsworn would be slaughtered and may try and make an agreement with the stormcloaks to recapture the reach and divide it between them.i do agree with you on the greybeards though.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
the thalmor did wipe out the dark brotherhood in cyrodil during the great war so the dark brotherhood might try and protect themselves by eliminating the threat.
If the thalmor invaded they start in the reach its closer and by fortifying it they will eliminate any reinforcements from hammerfell,this would bring them into contact with the forsworn meaning the forsworn would be slaughtered and may try and make an agreement with the stormcloaks to recapture the reach and divide it between them.i do agree with you on the greybeards though.

The Dark Brotherhood are weak. They do not do well under severe pressure... like war. Look at what happen when Astrid accepted the contract to assassinate the Emperor of Tamriel. She caved in when things got heated, and essentially made a deal to the Penitus Oculatus with an exchange for your death they will leave them alone. That's weak and if they could not handle the pressure of the P.O then they wouldn't stand the chance against the Aldmeri Dominion. Mind you that they too have hired assassins to take care of the Dark Brotherhood if they become a pest to them.

a bunny in 3d

The Dark Brotherhood are weak. They do not do well under severe pressure... like war. Look at what happen when Astrid accepted the contract to assassinate the Emperor of Tamriel. She caved in when things got heated, and essentially made a deal to the Penitus Oculatus with an exchange for your death they will leave them alone. That's weak and if they could not handle the pressure of the P.O then they wouldn't stand the chance against the Aldmeri Dominion. Mind you that they too have hired assassins to take care of the Dark Brotherhood if they become a pest to them.
yeah i suppose , so my list of potential stormcloak allies is: The college of winterhold,Hammerfell,the forsworn,the companions,the Blades(if they are rebuilt by the dragonborn),Dragons,daedric princes,Thieves guild (when at full strength),House telvanni and the dawnguard (ulfric or the dragonborn has the potential power to make any of these factions help)

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.

The Thalmor did no such thing. The sanctuary in bravil was destroyed during the gang wars that took place there, while the last member in Cheydinhal was killed by Cicero after he tried to impersonate the listener.

Dagmar

the thalmor did wipe out the dark brotherhood in cyrodil during the great war
No they didn't. At the end of the Great War the Dark Brotherhood is still in Cyrodiil with Sanctuaries in Bruma and Cheydinhal. We know this from Cicero's Journals.
If the thalmor invaded they start in the reach
No Thalmor invasion is going to begin anywhere in Skyrim. Skyrim is landlocked off from the Aldmeri Dominion and vice versa and there isn't a Navy in all of Tamriel large enough to carry a provisioned invasion force for the weeks long trip from either to the other. If and when the Aldmeri Dominion invade again it will attack Cyrodiill, High Rock and/or Hammerfell before it's armies ever breach the borders of Skyrim. When people talk about a war between Skyrim and the Aldmeri Dominion after ES V I have to wonder whether they've ever even seen a map of Tamriel.
8338709887_a514deabfc_k.jpg

a bunny in 3d

The Thalmor did no such thing. The sanctuary in bravil was destroyed during the gang wars that took place there, while the last member in Cheydinhal was killed by Cicero after he tried to impersonate the listener.
Great War - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

use this link it says the thalmor eradicated the dark brotherhood in cyrodil during the great war

The stormcloaks would own the AD if the empire wasnt envolved.Think of the neutral organisations that didnt help the empire or storm cloaks.the college of winter hold, the companions ,the dark brotherhood and the forsworn are all possible allies as the thalmor is hated by them all ,also the greybeards and the dragons are also a possible allys since the AD will find a way to piss them off too. Since skyrim is rid of the empire Hammerfell would help the stormcloaks too.
even without these how do you expect a AD army to get to skyrim unless by sea, about 1 third of their initial army would be wiped out by ship wreaks and starvation.also guessing by the amount of dragons in skyrim im guessing a lot more are at sea which would not be good for fleets of wooded boats
Dagmar i know i said that in this post ,but if they did go navy they would land at northwatch fort and invade the reach from there

Dagmar

There was no Sanctuary in Bravil. It's where the Listener Alisanne Dupre lived and where the Night Mother's secret crypt was hidden beneath the statue of the Lucky Old Lady, but Dupre was the Listener for the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. Rasha wasn't the last member of the Cheydinhal Sanctuary and Cicero didn't actually kill him. He convinced Garnag, another member of the Dark Brotherhood ot kill Rasha. After that there were still 3 members of the Sanctuary left, Cicero, Garnag and Pontius.

Dagmar

Great War - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

use this link it says the thalmor eradicated the dark brotherhood in cyrodil during the great war
That site is arguably the worst and most unreliable wiki source for lore about the Elder Scrolls universe on the entire internet, and it's simply flat out wrong in claiming that the Dark Brotherhood was wiped out during the Great War. The fact that it cites to the book The Night Mother's Truth as the source for its claims only attests to the ignorance and incompetence of whoever posted the false information as well as the that of the admins for not picking up on it. The Night Mother's Truth is one of many stories of the origins of the Night Mother. It predates the Great War and whoever thought it was talking about events after the Great War must have been under the influence of some serious mind altering hallucinogenic drugs when he or she read it. If it weren't so pathetic it might be funny.

a bunny in 3d

That site is arguably the worst and most unreliable wiki source for lore about the Elder Scrolls universe on the entire internet, and it's simply flat out wrong in claiming that the Dark Brotherhood was wiped out during the Great War. The fact that it cites to the book The Night Mother's Truth as the source for its claims only attests to the ignorance and incompetence of whoever posted the false information as well as the that of the admins for not picking up on it. The Night Mother's Truth is one of many stories of the origins of the Night Mother. It predates the Great War and whoever thought it was talking about events after the Great War must have been under the influence of some serious mind altering hallucinogenic drugs when he or she read it. If it weren't so pathetic it might be funny.
Lol so that page is basically bullplops

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
There was no Sanctuary in Bravil. It's where the Listener Alisanne Dupre lived and where the Night Mother's secret crypt was hidden beneath the statue of the Lucky Old Lady, but Dupre was the Listener for the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. Rasha wasn't the last member of the Cheydinhal Sanctuary and Cicero didn't actually kill him. He convinced Garnag, another member of the Dark Brotherhood ot kill Rasha. After that there were still 3 members of the Sanctuary left, Cicero, Garnag and Pontius.

You're correct. Because of how badly I procrastinate, I hardly ever find the time to read or finish some of the in-game books. This could also just be the result of me having a short attention span. Perhaps both. But because of this I rely mostly on the information presented to me on the UESP, and I took what I read out of context. Thank you for correcting, as I do hate giving wrong information.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Raijin the Nord has something that he wants to tell the Aldmeri Dominion :) (Troll mode)
Raijinnord2_zps471c2dc6.jpg

(coughs) I'm the master of Talos. A Talos priest and the Dragonborn! Look at my fluffing armor... An Imperial logo on the center of my chest. When you see this fluffing armor heading your way pray to your gods that you will get a painless death for I who will send you straights to the Oblivion.
Raijinnordheadshot_zpse20035b3.jpg

So remember this fluffing face. Remember that this nord will be the cause of your death.

Talos smite you all!

Volanere

Grand Magister
Raijin the Nord has something that he wants to tell the Aldmeri Dominion :) (Troll mode)
Raijinnord2_zps471c2dc6.jpg

(coughs) I'm the master of Talos. A Talos priest and the Dragonborn! Look at my f***ing armor... An Imperial logo on the center of my chest. When you see this f***ing armor heading your way pray to your gods that you will get a painless death for I who will send you straights to the Oblivion.
Raijinnordheadshot_zpse20035b3.jpg

So remember this f***ing face. Remember that this nord will be the cause of your death.

Talos smite you all!
I know this is off subject, but that is some sweet armor!

The Master Great Beard

The Grand Master Great Beard
i dont know why on earth ulfric StormCloak decided to kill general Tullius becuase the Thalmor are the real enemy he could of made an alliance and defeated them with 2 big strong factions the Thalmor would be turned into a pulp, the Thalmor almost killed the Empire single handedly and decided to make an alliance and create the White-Gold Concordat which gave them power amogst The Empire and the Empire had to agree since they had no choice and banned worshipping of Talos which they knew would cause chaos with the Nords which let to civil was while that is happening the whole Empire is growing weaker and the Thalmor would strike skyrim and would have great advantage and possibley recruit other mers to form an Elf Empire but on the other hand if they did not make a Alliance and destroy the Empire then it would be different as the jarls and people of skyrim will take action upon reciveing the news they would form an army extremely big and try to stop the Thalmor which would obviously in this case would be obliterated but in the current case jarls do not bother with the Thalmor so it seems the Thalmor have planned this out all the way... smart elfs....
EXTRAS: i wouldent think the Dark BrotherHood would involve them selves with the war since the Ban of whorshipping Talos would not effect them since they Whorship Sithis '' Hail Sithis! ''
The Thieves Guild probably will take advantage of the war because it would be easier for them to steal things and will take advantage of the Economical Depression [ financial crisis ] that is bound to happen since the need of septims for the war.
The grey beards might be forced out from meditating peacefully to engaging combat if the Thalmor are taking over skyrim to defend skyrim and their religion supporting Talos which is Tiber septim [ a Dragonborn ] , ysmir and Dragonborn which the Thalmor have banned .
The psijic Monks could come and stop the Thalmor which have great history between each other.
The companions of course could join the fight.
im not sure but i think there could be some more blade agents that are hiding that could join up with Esbern and Delphine and restart the Blades again and defend skyrim as they used to be with the Emperor and were a Branch of the Empire until the Thalmor wiped them out and obviously they take revenge and
Im not sure if The penitus oculatus would take part in the war i think they do though
Thats all for now.... Thalmor should tread carefully as anything can happen at any moment

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts