Elder scrolls MMO announced!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadowbane

Premium Member
I would like an elderscrolls MMO, but I hope it works more along the lines of guildwars where you buy it once and play forever, and then buy expansions. WoW is nice but why pay 15$ a month on it when there are so many other MMO's like it for free? However then again im sure this elderscrolls MMO will be nothing like WOW

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
So is this the end of the series now? We won't have another Elderscrolls game that isn't an MMO? No more stealing peoples cheese and Wine bottles? No more reading books, then taking them with you to store in your house? No more dungeon Crawling, Sneaking and sitting in the dark without some 10 year old kid typing "GO GO GO!"?

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Beyond Rhode Island?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

35d2m3.jpg

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The screen shots don't impress me either. Looks too cartoony. Reminds me of Fable. I hope there will be a sixth Elder Scrolls, or rather there better be.

MoulinRouge

I don't think Bethesda would stop continuing TES series. ZeniMax Online Studios are working on this, so Bethesda Game Studios should still be able to continue the series.

XbSuper

I would like an elderscrolls MMO, but I hope it works more along the lines of guildwars where you buy it once and play forever, and then buy expansions. WoW is nice but why pay 15$ a month on it when there are so many other MMO's like it for free? However then again im sure this elderscrolls MMO will be nothing like WOW

It's probably going to be very similar to wow actually. I'm expecting almost the exact same game, with TES lore instead of Warcraft. I'm interested to see what happens, but I don't have high hopes, nor am I anticipating its release.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
It's probably going to be very similar to wow actually. I'm expecting almost the exact same game, with TES lore instead of Warcraft. I'm interested to see what happens, but I don't have high hopes, nor am I anticipating its release.
I agree
To me it just seems like all the things I like about the Elder scroll series are there because they don't work in an MMO.

All this time, My highest wish for the Elder Scrolls is to become an Indepth, involving, graphically amazing version of Daggerfall while so many others want it to be "World Of Warscrolls".

Neriad13

Premium Member
I was a little hyped for it when I saw the trailer, but then I saw this and got a lot more news about it.

It doesn't appear to be pushing the boundaries of what an MMO can be. That's what I feel that the main purpose of all Elder Scrolls games has always been - to shove technology into the next frontier, to break the boundaries of what gaming has been, to create something that has never been seen before. Honestly, that's why I think that the player character always starts out as a prisoner. That's what we all are before starting an Elder Scrolls game - locked in a world of gaming with rigid rules and restrictions, with predetermined paths. By entering Tamriel, we break free from all that.

But, a set class system? Hotbar combat? Ooh, I do not like this.

Though I still have to admit that being able to join the Aldmeri Dominion does sound pretty sweet.

Thank Talos! My prayers were answered!!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Tons of MMORPGs are "Free to Play"
Even with the microtransactions free MMORPGs generally fall into 2 different categories. Either you get what you paid for (low quality, low entertainment value) or they aren't real MMORPGs (e.g. the only "massive" thing about them are the number of instances they provide for the same encounter areas).

By the gods, I don't even know what to say!

MaiqTheLiar

It is only alright if M'aiq can be in the MMO - If not he will learn to pickpocket. Come closer, M'aiq will not steal your sweetroll, M'aiq does not bite.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts