Down with Talos the fake god.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
I find it funny how scared you talos worshipers get when im angry, its just a little bit of fur... and claws.... and teeth... oh what am i saying, you should be terrified.

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
... one of my favourite books.

It truly is a shame that book was written by some Thalmor Sympathizer. Albeit, you're right to fear Doom's Drum, as all your kin before you have. He is responsible for quite a number of massacres to your people. Ysgramor, Pelinal Whitestrake, and of course Talos; all formidable Shezzarine. The difference with Talos? The part became the whole and is now the Doom Drum so again I reiterate, you'd do well to deny his existence as thats only the natural thing to do to keep you from pissing your pants at the thought of his return.

Ritterkreuz

Sorry if this has been said before, but if Talos wasn't a real Divine, then wouldn't his shrines fail to operate?

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
Sorry if this has been said before, but if Talos wasn't a real Divine, then wouldn't his shrines fail to operate?
Exactly. Even the false gods, Dagoth Ur, Vivec, Sotha Sil, Almalexia and Indoril Nerevar, shrines worked because they WROTE themselves into divinity using the Heart of Lorkhan. Hence they were gods by unnatural means, regardless of the fact their powers waned or that they weren't gods to begin with.
last time i asked for a blessing, he gave me shout time reduced by 0%, i wouldnt consider that working
That would be because you're a Dirty Fetcher, not because his blessing doesn't work for you.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
Exactly. Even the false gods, Dagoth Ur, Vivec, Sotha Sil, Almalexia and Indoril Nerevar, shrines worked because they WROTE themselves into divinity using the Heart of Lorkhan. Hence they were gods by unnatural means, regardless of the fact their powers waned or that they weren't gods to begin with.

I believe you just answered his question by negating it. YES, the Chimer folk you mentioned were considered deities, but that one key component is what ties them together. Through Lorkhan's Heart they were able to attain a state of divinity. Though as numerous as their accomplishments might have been, the heart is what granted them this, and solely that.

So, care to tell me how Talos fits into all of this? He traveled alongside the Numidium for quite a while, but there was still no form of evidence he gained divinity from it. The individuals you brought up were in fact documented to have gained divinity. In the case of Tiber Septim... not so much. Many saints and noteworthy people have shrines dedicated to them which prove to have some form of effect. Accolades they accomplished in their lifetimes drew their bond with the Eight closer, they didn't actually become one.

If not by mantling Lorkhan, is there any other way for Septim to have ascended up into godhood? As I stated, personal achievements alone wouldn't qualify one to become a god like some Divine promotion. So while I'm at it, I'll also worship the next adventurer I see. Both he and Talos are bound to have an amazing track record, and the same amount of divinity. Zero.

And our dirty fetchery has nothing to do with the subpar Shrine of Talos :rolleyes:

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Hey i'd support killing Talos worshippers if the Thalmor will give the Forsworn the reach. I also will kill any Thalmor if the Empire or Stormcloaks will give the reach to the Forsworn. It is a win, win, loss.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I don't care about Talos, I just like killing me some elves. *sharpens sword with flint*

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
We're 50% similar! I don't care about Talos as well.

But for your safety, you should probably find new targets to kill. Just saiyan'.

I don't kill em because they're elves, I kill em because they do stuff. I ain't seen one "High" Elf who hasn't scoffed at me for worshipping trees. I ain't seen one Dark Elf who don't think I'd be better in a cage. Similarly, most Talos loonies I've seen were racist, so I drowned em in a river while taunting them 'bout how I can't drown to make em wish they were Saxhleel. *sharpen, sharpen, sharpen*

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
I don't kill em because they're elves, I kill em because they do stuff. I ain't seen one "High" Elf who hasn't scoffed at me for worshipping trees. I ain't seen one Dark Elf who don't think I'd be better in a cage. Similarly, most Talos loonies I've seen were racist, so I drowned em in a river while taunting them 'bout how I can't drown to make em wish they were Saxhleel. *sharpen, sharpen, sharpen*

elf.jpg

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
Hey i'd support killing Talos worshippers if the Thalmor will give the Forsworn the reach. I also will kill any Thalmor if the Empire or Stormcloaks will give the reach to the Forsworn. It is a win, win, loss.
I support the forsworn, you bretons are part elf, that makes you much more worth to rule a city than any nord. I'm sure some other people respect our... almost-half elf brothers.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I support the forsworn, you bretons are part elf, that makes you much more worth to rule a city than any nord. I'm sure some other people respect our... almost-half elf brothers.

Foresworn= magic using bandits
Thalmore= magic using bigots

Close enough

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You are highly mistaken my Breton friend :) The Aldmeri Dominion doesn't give a crap about your kind. They even go as far as to slaughter their own progeny to make their race completely pure. If their willing to do that to their own race, what do you think their approach will be for the Breton race? I'm sure they would LOVE to liquidate the Breton race as they deem it as a HUGE mistake.

Wake up and smell the sweet roll. The Dominion doesn't take kindly to your kind.

Volanere

Grand Magister
You are highly mistaken my Breton friend :) The Aldmeri Dominion doesn't give a crap about your kind. They even go as far as to slaughter their own progeny to make their race completely pure. If their willing to do that to their own race, what do you think their approach will be for the Breton race? I'm sure they would LOVE to liquidate the Breton race as they deem it as a HUGE mistake.

Wake up and smell the sweet roll. The Dominion doesn't take kindly to your kind.
We do not wish to change or alter any race, we only wish to rule what is rightfully ours Tamriel. Our race is pure because we made it that way the other races have no business in our affairs.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts