Down with Talos the fake god.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Skyrim isn't connected by any Thalmor controlled provinces, the Empire is keeping the Dominion out of Skyrim. For Dominion soldiers to reach Skyrim they have to get passed the Imperial army sitting on the Thalmor border. The Legion is preparing for war with the Thalmor though, they at least can get to them. Stormcloaks can't do anything, they're rather isolated unless they sail which would be illogical and a stupid move, sail for several weeks or even months to invade the Dominion, then be cut off from reinforcements for even longer as the ships have to return to Skyrim which will take several weeks, pick up soldiers and then sail back which will be another several weeks.
Exactly I doubt Ulfric would go on the offensive for the obvious reasons you stated but just as Skyrim is blocked off from the Thalmor the Thalmor are also blocked out of Skyrim.

Except the Aldmeri Dominion is an army of magic users, Stormcloaks which are rather backwards Nords don't like magic, don't trust anyone who uses magic, be a slaughter. Can't hit them with an axe when their army contains some of the best archers in the realm, wizards and magic using soldiers. Arrows, Fireballs, Lightning > Stormcloaks using axes.
If the Thalmor manged to brake through into Skyrim they would be somewhat weakened though still having a military edge the Nords have the home field advantage so to speak using guerrilla tactics they might be able to convince the Dominion that Skyrim is not worth the effort...if it works detect life would screw the plan to hell...

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
No, really, I enjoy them. The 'eye roll' emote doesn't really look like that to me so I used it more in the place of a derpy smug smile of approval. :]

Lol I know. I'm glad to see someone approve of my puniness :p Or nerdiness for that matter >.>

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Lol I know. I'm glad to see someone approve of my puniness :p Or nerdiness for that matter >.>
hehehe, have you heard the one: "'what's your Skyrim bounty?''over 9000'"? :D
And also, it's interesting to see how well I'm getting along with someone from the Dominion. Maybe you guys aren't so bad after all. :3

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Exactly I doubt Ulfric would go on the offensive for the obvious reasons you stated but just as Skyrim is blocked off from the Thalmor the Thalmor are also blocked out of Skyrim.

If the Thalmor manged to brake through into Skyrim they would be somewhat weakened though still having a military edge the Nords have the home field advantage so to speak using guerrilla tactics they might be able to convince the Dominion that Skyrim is not worth the effort...if it works detect life would screw the plan to hell...

Ulfric does plan to go on the attack, the Stormcloaks don't have a very smart plan. Ulfric cares for songs and glory, how many people die so he is remembered doesn't matter. Hundreds, thousands, millions, if it'll make a good song for Ulfric then there is no hesitation in their deaths.

Galmar: "Just kill him and let's be done with it already."
Ulfric: "Come, Galmar. Where's your sense of the dramatic moment?"
Galmar: "By the gods! If it's a good ending to some damn story you're after - perhaps the Dragonborn should be the one to do it."
Ulfric: "Good point."

Tullius: "Right. Well?"
Ulfric: "Let the Dragonborn be the one to do it. It'll make for a better song."
Tullius: "Song or not, I just want it done."

"First we'll kick the Thalmor and their bloody Imperial puppets out of the country. Then we'll rebuild Skyrim into the land she once was. When we are done with that, we will take our army to the Dominion" - Galmar

"Because getting rid of the Empire was only half the problem. Soon, the elves will again seek to rule the world. We must ready ourselves to fight them. For it will be Skyrim that shall lead Tamriel in those dark days, when the fate of the world is finally determined." - Ulfric

Snoball

hehehe, have you heard the one: "'what's your Skyrim bounty?''over 9000'"? :D
And also, it's interesting to see how well I'm getting along with someone from the Dominion. Maybe you guys aren't so bad after all. :3

Hehe, I have ;P And I've got my bounty over 9,000 just to say that lol.
And we're not all that bad. I just find being serious all the time gets a bit boring :D

-Mir-

Hehe, I have ;P And I've got my bounty over 9,000 just to say that lol.
And we're not all that bad. I just find being serious all the time gets a bit boring :D
lol awesome! :D

Hm. Maybe I won't feel so bad when I'll be forced to join you in ESO. :3

Snoball

lol awesome! :D

Hm. Maybe I won't feel so bad when I'll be forced to join you in ESO. :3

That's a relief. Most Khajiit and Wood Elf peeps hate that they have to join us :sadface: When in fact wood elves are my favorite race <3 then high elves of course ^_^

-Mir-

That's a relief. Most Khajiit and Wood Elf peeps hate that they have to join us :sadface: When in fact wood elves are my favorite race <3 then high elves of course ^_^
I was very uneasy about that, especially since I don't fit in well with other Bosmer. But now I may have a friend amongst the ranks to make me more comfortable... <3

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Ahh..... you poor saps following Talos, I pray to Kyne that you all come to your senses, I mean man becoming Divine? I don't believe so, but you all are rather stubborn, so I'll just watch with Lord Hircine as I watch the slaughter.
To all of you with the dominion: many of us reachmen would welcome your rule of Tamriel, as long as you remember who has rightful claim to their lands. So far the Nords and the Empire have proven forgetfull, we hope you are of a more present mind.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Ulfric does plan to go on the attack, the Stormcloaks don't have a very smart plan. Ulfric cares for songs and glory, how many people die so he is remembered doesn't matter. Hundreds, thousands, millions, if it'll make a good song for Ulfric then there is no hesitation in their deaths.

Galmar: "Just kill him and let's be done with it already."
Ulfric: "Come, Galmar. Where's your sense of the dramatic moment?"
Galmar: "By the gods! If it's a good ending to some damn story you're after - perhaps the Dragonborn should be the one to do it."
Ulfric: "Good point."

Tullius: "Right. Well?"
Ulfric: "Let the Dragonborn be the one to do it. It'll make for a better song."
Tullius: "Song or not, I just want it done."

"First we'll kick the Thalmor and their bloody Imperial puppets out of the country. Then we'll rebuild Skyrim into the land she once was. When we are done with that, we will take our army to the Dominion" - Galmar

"Because getting rid of the Empire was only half the problem. Soon, the elves will again seek to rule the world. We must ready ourselves to fight them. For it will be Skyrim that shall lead Tamriel in those dark days, when the fate of the world is finally determined." - Ulfric
Err...well...good thing I have an Imperial Character too. :D
Regardless of Ulfric's plans canon will more than likely have the Empire winning anyway wouldn't you say? The Dominion will invade again be repelled and free worship of the Divine that is Talos will be restored... if not there's always Hammerfell and Blackmarsh.

Snoball

I was very uneasy about that, especially since I don't fit in well with other Bosmer. But now I may have a friend amongst the ranks to make me more comfortable... <3

Always nice to meet another Bosmer lover c: And I'm glad I could help make the Dominion experience a bit more pleasant for ya :D That makes one person lol

-Mir-

Always nice to meet another Bosmer lover c: And I'm glad I could help make the Dominion experience a bit more pleasant for ya :D That makes one person lol
O_O You changed your picture! You has a kitteh! >3

Lol, it will be a bit more pleasant; thank you. <3
But. Now that we know each other better....... would you still think I'm a heretic? I........ believe in Talos.... x_x

Snoball

O_O You changed your picture! You has a kitteh! >3

Lol, it will be a bit more pleasant; thank you. <3
But. Now that we know each other better....... would you still think I'm a heretic? I........ believe in Talos.... x_x

I had to change my pic. Kittehs are the overlords of the internet after all.

And I don't believe in your "god", but I'll make an exception for your aweshumness, Ms Mir. Just this once though ;)

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
Oh dear. This thread is still on?

-Mir-

I had to change my pic. Kittehs are the overlords of the internet after all.

And I don't believe in your "god", but I'll make an exception for your aweshumness, Ms Mir. Just this once though ;)
Very true! :D

And aww. For me?? *le blush*
I'M TELLLLLING! (jk jk)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....Secondly, Boethiah and Azura ARE the Tribunal. Well, 2/3 of it. You forgot Mephala. The Tribunal is just Vivec, Almalelxia (spelling?) and Sotha Sil, who are simply reincarnations of the three aforementioned Daedra...
This is incorrect. Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil are the Tribunal, also know as the Almsivi. They are not reincarnations of Mephala, Boethiah and Azura as the lore makes it clear that the are distinctly different beings. Mephala, Boethiah and Azura were considered to be the three "Good Daedra" that were subservient to the Tribunal when the Tribunal replaced the Daedra as the gods central to Dunmer worship under the Tribunal Temple:
Darkest Dark - a Description of various Daedra said:
...The Tribunal Temple of Morrowind has incorporated the veneration of Daedra as lesser spirits subservient to the immortal Almsivi, the Triune godhead of Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec. These subordinate Daedra are divided into the Good Daedra and the Bad Daedra. The Good Daedra have willingly submitted to the authority of Almsivi; the Bad Daedra are rebels who defy Almsivi -- treacherous kin who are more often adversaries than allies

The Good Daedra are Boethiah, Azura, and Mephala...
With the eventual fall of the Tribunal and the Tribunal Temple, these three Daedra replaced the Tribunal as the subjects of Dunmer worship in the New Temple while the Tribunal were honored as saints instead of gods:
The Reclamations: The Fall of the Tribunal and the Rise of the New Temple by Thara of Rihad said:
...While outsiders may never know the full tale of this internal struggle, when the smoke cleared a few years later, the former Dissident Piests were in full control of the Temple heirarchy [sic], with Tribunal loyalists either purged or recanted. The so-called "New Temple" now declared the worship of the Tribunes a result of misguided teaching, blaming the mistakes on the former Tribunal. The Temple now taught that the daedra venerated by the Ashlander tribes (Azura, Mephala and Boethia) were the "true way" and should be revered by the Dunmer people. Fittingly, the daedra were named the "Reclamations," as if they were reclaiming their status from the Tribunal.

In an elegant comprise [sic], no doubt intended to reconcile the large majority of the Temple priesthood who were neither Dissidents nor fanatic Tribunal loyalists, Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec were relegated to the status of "saints," a traditional way to venerate the most honored Dunmer ancestors. This apparently satisfied enough the existing priesthood that the New Temple was able to maintain at least a semblance of outward continuity...
I don't know why anyone would worship dead gods as they have nothing to offer. This is particularly true because the Tribunal were the most interactive gods to ever be worshiped by the Dunmer which was a large part of their appeal during their existence.
They're the Second Aldmeri Dominion, after the First Aldmeri Dominion, who Tiber 'Talos' Septim destroyed. Names can be deceiving. I mean, you aren't a Latin robot, but you're named cyberius!
With the lore in development for the Elder Scrolls Online they're actually the third incarnation of the Aldmeri Dominion.