do you prefer a mixed class play-style? or a pure class play style?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

what is your most favoured gameplay style?

• Total voters

jonathan90

well known member
What I am asking about play style classes is...

What type of playstyle do you prefer? when it comes to races and style of gameplay setup?

EXAMPLE: I am a orc who is a warrior/barbarian build mixed with a jack of all trades.

Or I am a wood elf or dark elf.... vampire/theif assassin, or just "pure" mage gameplay style.

so you may Just be a "PURE" game style or a "MIXED" game play style. But that is my main question I am asking...let me just help you more to understand.

HYBRID STYLE MIXED: paladin build mixed with a theif/assassin vampire for eg.

MIXED GAMEPLAY STYLE: I am a dark elf theif / assassin.

OTHER GAMEPLAY STYLE: I am a vampire/nightblade/ theif assassin.

PURE GAMEPLAY STYLE: I am a pure Mage, or warrior nord nothing else, more like a simple more original Gameplay style as a beginner.But you do know that orginal gameplay style is for some beginners who want to explore the gameplay styles. But not for everybody...

If you have a more advanced mixed hybrid mixed gameplay style please let me know,I would be interested to hear you out.

Zodiac Killer

Skooma Lord
I am a Khajiit. I am a master thief. I am that shadow you think you saw but you weren't certain. I lurk in the shadows awaiting my next victim to feed off of. My name strikes fear in people when it is said. My name, is Capn' Kittywiggles. I fear no one.Except water, that stuff is icky.

Zodiac Killer

Skooma Lord
Anyway, back to the real topic. I am a Master Thief/ Assassin. I prefer dual wielding and light armor. When I happen to be using magic, I prefer the Destruction or the one with invisibility ( I forgot name) . Master of Words and Blade. Basically a Jack of all Trades.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
It depends on my mood. I tend to favor using Sneak and Archery for most of my characters. I guess that makes me a Thief/Assassin mostly with other things mixed in. I've tried a pure mage and it's fun either blasting them into little bitty pieces or messing with their minds. At heart though, I am Darkness. I am the whisper of wind in the night. I'm the last thing you hear as a dagger slices your throat. I'm- hey! This dude STILL only has iron weapons and hide armor? What is this, the crappy loot section of the wilderness? And don't even get me started on those farmers.

Twiffle

I have played all sorts or mixes to explore the gameplay and enjoy the game in different ways, for example i have played a warrior High elf who uses staffs as part of his offence with swords. There again i must admit i love staffs, i keep them all as they are so powerful if used correctly, but there again i have played pure warrior with an Orc, never touching stealth or magic. Currently i am playing a Breton who is a merchant, lots of speech, alchemy and smithing enchanting, purely to make money, combat is difficult but archery is my main so i can run away, so this is a hybrid mixture i suppose, I think its how the game was meant to be played really only subject to your imagination to enjoy etc etc, ,, ,, thats my 2 cents.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I had to start over in Skyrim, as my X-Box has left the house.....So, I am starting with a Nord Ranger. He will be more of a pure, no magic except healing his wounds. Once I get through the game, I might try the hybrid role. Then again, a Khajiit Assassin or an Altmer Mage might be next....

:D :D :D

Joker

I used to always be a Jack-of-All-Trades, but recently I have started to play as a pure Mage. It's a blast! The only exception is that I RARELY use Keening...

I hate to ask, but what is Keening? :confused:

Joker

I keep restarting, looking for the style I can play, and I have settled on the Nord, Sword/Board & Archery, and smash what I can into submission.... I cannot quite get the hang of the Magic side of the RP adventure, yet.

ShadowHunter

I usually prefer Assassin/Thief characters. They are a lot of fun, sneaking up on people and slicing their throats or using archery from the shadows :p

Joker

I usually prefer Assassin/Thief characters. They are a lot of fun, sneaking up on people and slicing their throats or using archery from the shadows :p

I am going to try that style next. I have tried a couple of styles, but not to any great success so far. Mostly the magic characters. I might just have to start an assassin style character, to see if I like that style. Thanks for the input.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Hybrid of course, in order to always find something to bring when doing various quests.

I'm heavily invested in Conjuration (only summoning) and Enchanting, carry a fancy sword for the close quarters situations and, otherwise, shoot ice spears as would do... a good shot.

Of course it's only thanks to the massive rehauls such as Skyrim Redone, part of the Destruction tree gets you to greatly enhance a certain type of damage and disable the two others, atronachs included. It also gets you to find synergies between clothing and armor.

Joker

I am a Khajiit. I am a master thief. I am that shadow you think you saw but you weren't certain. I lurk in the shadows awaiting my next victim to feed off of. My name strikes fear in people when it is said. My name, is Capn' Kittywiggles. I fear no one.Except water, that stuff is icky.

Ok, question about that style of play. Do you sneak just about everywhere, or just at destinations/forts/cave/etc....

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Mixed because with a mix you get more than one unigue ability whereas with a pure you focus souly on one ability.

jonathan90

well known member
As you know I am more interested in the jack of all trades build.

I am currently a magical enchanter and illusionist.So my current build in which I am aiming for is magic in illusion, and the use of archery and one handed ,"including sneak" with daggers so sort of like an assassin type.

I am aiming to go all the way this time, like NOT!!! start a new game again and explore skyrim like I never have before in the past 15 months of my time playing skyrim game.

And when I mean all the way, I mean level 81 and beyond to "max out all my skill sets"

So I can complete my hybrid gamestyle build.

At the later levels, I am aiming to become a vampire/assassin jack of all trades craftsman, "wood elf"

But I took off the thief side to try out some heavy crafting types and styles of gameplay.

But , I guess at the end you must not keep starting a new game for it ruins your style of gameplay in a very bad way. For you must keep your style of gameplay within your character for max performance!!!!I am going all the way with my mixed other hybrid style gameplay.:D

jonathan90

well known member
I used to always be a Jack-of-All-Trades, but recently I have started to play as a pure Mage. It's a blast! The only exception is that I RARELY use Keening...
Yeah, I am the same.

I prefer craft, when I play skyrim... because it helps give you a better selection on improving your characters abilities and skills , in a massive way.

But the mixed other "hybrid build style" I would say is the most popular gameplay style for many advanced gamers alike ourselves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts