Do you play in 3rd or 1st person?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rhubarb&Custard

I prefer 3rd, cause it's easier for me to see what's around me and I'm able to react accordingly than if I were in 1st. What do you play in? 1st or 3rd? :)

blue 468

I play both 3rd mostly for melee and 1st for archery and sneaking

Valyn

For some reason, I use third person when I'm running or traveling, and I use first when I'm in combat.

Tara

For the most part, I'm strictly first person.

But sometimes I can't resist going in 3rd person thanks to a few mods that made my character look really nice. ;3 Although not during combat.

Rhubarb&Custard

For some reason, I use third person when I'm running or traveling, and I use first when I'm in combat.
I sometimes use first for archery if it's either a tight space, or I want to get the shot really accurate. I use first for mostly picking up/throwing things, or if it's a really tight corridor and I can barely see where I'm going. :p

Aquillus

1st person:
-combat
-buildings
-dungeons

3rd person:
-traveling on foot outside
-scenarios i want to make a bit more 'cinematic'
-checking out my character's sick outfit :p

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
It's impossible to use archery or magic without being in first person, but other than that I'm in third person.

ShadowGambit

I'm doing pretty much like Valyn. I feel like 3rd person is better for travelling, when in combat I prefer 1st person because I can have a better feel of the movement of the enemies facing me.

I do very rarely switch to 3rd person in combat, mostly when I'm backpedaling.

Alpha86

First person for combat, I'll go into third person when I'm just walking around town or sneaking through the wilderness.

KritikalPT

Generally, first person for combat and third person for travelling. I do use third person to fight dragons as well, especially with bows or magic, that way I have a better field of view.

Valyn

Yeah, it's easier to see your surroundings in third person. You can see if someone is sneaking up behind you.

KritikalPT

I also find it easier to predict enemy movement and shoot ahead of time in third person than in first person, don't need to move the mouse as much, especially when using a bow.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Both, it depends on the situation I'm in.

Morgan

I use fourth person mode a lot. That's where I sit in the Bannered Mare drinking mead while the Dragonborn is presumably off somewhere killing dragons and saving the world.

Xivia4

This is me. I can't stand running up stairs or across mountains in 1st person. I need to see my surroundings.

Jacobhwrd

I play 1st person for dungeons only. That is only because it's better for making long range bow shots and the area is cramped already. I prefer 3rd so I can see everything though.

3rd person for everything. That mode gives me better situational awareness, although my character only uses melee attacks. I imagine archery and magic are very difficult to be accurate with in 3rd person. The only time i switch to 1st person is when I need to sift through a small pile of objects.