Do you play in 3rd or 1st person?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mingolo

Hail the Dominion
I like to look at myself in brand new armor in 3rd person, but other than that, 1st person is more immersive and I always have that on.

Neriad13

Premium Member
1st person all the way. It's much more immersive and for me anyway, makes combat much easier. It's also much more shocking and scary when someone sneaks up behind you (in a good way). The weird thing is, before I ever touched Skyrim, I was a strictly 3rd person gamer. I hated first person shooters and the like. If a game was in first person, I'd have nothing whatsoever to do with it. And then somewhere along the line Skyrim turned my way of thinking completely around. Now I'm not quite sure how to play in 3rd person anymore.

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
first for nearly everything, third to see how badass my character looks

Diisk

For me it depends on what I'm doing, running around fighting bandits, exploring then third person. Fighting a dragon or exploring a cave, first person

Mostly 3rd for melee, and 1st for Ranged, and picking stuff up. With a hybrid character, like Spellswords, I switch back, and forth a lot. Sneaking, 3rd is real handy for peeking around corners. And I'm a bit of a fashion victim, so I got to play dress-up, and pose on mountaintops for screenshots.

Morgan

I tend to die immediately whenever I try melee in first person. I just watch the health bar go down as I spin around trying to find whatever's hitting me. It's even worse if I'm ambushed or attacked unawares. I might not even notice I'm being attacked until I die. I go into first for targetting, but for everything else, third.