Do you have any habits in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
Absolutely! I have a few, but the one that stands out the most for me is always, always buying out Potions Of Cure Disease from general stores and alchemist shops.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
No Matter where i travel, I always end up in the nearest Tavern... :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
1) I obsessively fast travel back to my home in Markath after every clean out (cave, fort, etc...) and drop off everything in it's designated place - weapons in the end table by my enchanting lab; potions in the dresser between my alchemy lab and enchanting room; ingredients in the apothocary bag in the alchemy lab (weird since I have no idea on the alchemy thing and I only create those things that I am able - I have a ton of ingredients!); dragon scales and bones in the cabinet in my bedroom; etc... and then fast travel back to the exact spot that I'd just left.
2) Every time I go in to a store that has them, I buy them out completely of all their soul gems (of course I also collect all of them that I find)
3) Learning every spell tome (I'm up to almost 40 now) yet not being a spell caster and only using healing
4) Returning the scene of my crimes to clear out the same thing I've cleared out already
5) Snatching absolutely every single piece of gold I can find and obsessively searching every single nook and cranny for goods
6) Seeking out mudcrabs constantly just so I can steal their souls to fill one of my soul gems
7) Living in fear of entering a Dwemer ruin even though I know full well that they aren't an issue to deal with since I sneak around and kill everyone from a distance and can kill 'em up close just as easy
8) Always returning to Breezehome to yell at Lydia (out loud and at the TV of course), even though she hasn't really done anything at all and I don't even live there most of the time, just cause I don't like her (Bothia here we come).
9) Religiously avoiding the civil war action unless it's profitable (i.e. the Jagged Crown - which really wasn't that profitable and just complicated matters - of course, it did give me the opportunity to kill bandits, Imperials and Stormcloaks at the same time).

There are so many! These are just a few. Good gravy, until I started writing them down, I didn't realize the silly habits I have.

Usulama

I have an obsessive need for books. All the shelves in my houses (all of them) has to be filled with books, and I always take the books I find on my journeys.

I also can't visit Markarth (where my family is staying) without having a gift for my two kids. Even if they don't as for a gift, I still have to give it to them.

Daelon DuLac

I have an obsessive need for books. All the shelves in my houses (all of them) has to be filled with books, and I always take the books I find on my journeys.

I also can't visit Markarth (where my family is staying) without having a gift for my two kids. Even if they don't as for a gift, I still have to give it to them.
Oh yeah. I really, really agree on the books. I've run out of shelf space and have taken to storing them in cabinets now.

Saozig

Hippy
With books I can get carried away, so I have to play some characters as readers and others, like my current one, as not that much into reading.

My latest habit is specifically with my current Nord, Vroggi. Everytime he goes to Falkreath, he punches Bolund. Whether he ends up paying the fine or goes "I'm a thane, dammit!", it doesn't matter--Bolund's getting a fist to the gut. Bolund even says "Look I dont want to start another brawl with you..." now the second Vroggi shows up, but Vroggi don't care. "Hey, Bolund!" *bam*

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Accidentally picking up stupid things like plates and not getting rid of them.

Alysa Roesch

Master Theif
Whenever I see someone walked around outside a city I HAVE to talk to them. Then depending how nice they are to me i'll either kill them or let them be.
I also have a habit of stealing from store owners that I know will send assassins or thugs after me just because I find it fun to read the contracts to kill me..

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Any (funny/odd/bad) Skyrim habits you'd like to share with the rest of us? Feel free to post 'em here. :D

You know those random deer skulls you'll find on the ground? I always kick them around when I find one, trying to get it to fly as far as possible.

Often, when I pass by a carriage horse, I stop right in front of it and initiate a staring contest.

I was going to get in the habit of exploring any caves I'd come across, but the first cave I entered pretty much nipped that in the bud: there were seven or eight cave bears in that hole. ROOOOAAAARRRR! :eek:

Yes, looking for a beautiful woman that I can marry to but there are none ... I AM STUCK but still looking ... probably I marry a Riekling woman or an ugly Orc .. lol ... :)

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I collect fine china.

Dallas-Arbiter

I have one right now, after I become Thane of Whiterun, say the morning after, I head out from Whiterun, west to Fort Graymoor, and end up making a giant circle, clearing out every bandit hideout in the area.

Thodas

With every merchant I always attempt to buy everything I can use off them, while still managing to leave them with as little gold as possible once I'm done selling them my loot. On the plus side they are left with new valuable objects, on the down they are left broke.

With my thief I leave nothing of value. Every urn, drawer, and body is looted.

Whenever I come across Louis Letrush, I get an overwhelming urge to harm him. It's as if by divine order he is not supposed to know joy or happiness.

When I come across giants I never attack. I generally stop, and try to get as close as I can to just watch them live.

When leaving Dragonsreach, I never ever use the stairs.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
I have a habit that is quite funny.

Every Sundas my Nordic Beserker pops down to The Bannered Mare to have a few pints of mead with some friends, and My head canon is my nord Is seeing Saadia behind Jordis's back.

Also any guard saying ' I heard you where at the Emperors Cousins Wedding' I must kill them. No one must know my Khajiit was there.

Daelon DuLac

I have one right now, after I become Thane of Whiterun, say the morning after, I head out from Whiterun, west to Fort Graymoor, and end up making a giant circle, clearing out every bandit hideout in the area.
And yet they always respawn. I find it endlessly annoying and a great diversion at the same time. I just wanna know who does all this maintenance in Skyrim. You know: lights all the lamps, candles & braziers; refills chests and bags; recruits new bandits & foreswarn; cleans up the bodies (although they're pretty spotty on that since the same 2 wolf carcasses and the corpse of an adventurer are still on the road leading to the High Rothgar turnoff outside of Whiterun for me since the very beginning when I killed them); and on and on and on...

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
On a more serious note, my actual habits...

No shopkeeper must be left with gold. If I go to a shopkeeper to buy/sell, I make sure I have enough loot on me to sell so I can take ALL of their money. Especially the Thieves Guild fences with their 4,000 gold each :D

I always end up eating my alchemy ingredients regardless of whether or not I actually need to in order to learn the effects. I guess butterfly wings and hagraven claws are just delicious.

I have the uncontrollable urge to talk to every guard I see. This turns out to be problematic when I have a bounty I don't want to pay in a hold and then I talk to a guard and they say the infamous line "Hey... I know you..." and then I have to run away.

And not just guards, too. If you are an NPC, I will engage in conversation with you, even if I instantly exit the conversation.

I can't stop myself from looting dead bodies. Even if I have 200,000 gold, and all the gear I could ever need, I still loot bodies. I hate it.

And of course, every time I am on the Throat of the World, I HAVE to use the Ethereal shout and jump off the mountain. There's no cooler way to get to the bottom :D

Chadonraz

-- I have the uncontrollable urge to talk to every guard I see. --

I always pass guards close enough to trigger their random comments. :D
Except if I'm in a hurry, in which I case I sprint so that they won't say anything. Sprinting is highly useful if you don't want to hear NPCs' comments but can't be bothered to outright avoid them.

Mine is picking locks. All locks. I even pick locks to empty cells. I cant leave an area until all locks are picked and wont take keys unless they are unpickable locks. Those are my locks to pick and I don't need no stinking keys. Getting through the museum without killing the guards 1st is always fun. I don't take anything I just open all the cases.

FudgeMuppet

I save all my games 3 times with my character facing me
I always activate the blessing of talos in whiterun even when I dont need it
I will always load back if any non-enemy npc dies
I must buy all food and eat it all
I must take the note from delphine in the Jurgen Windcaller quest and drop it in the water
Haha the list goes on and on but its all part of the emersion of the game :p

Bluebaron

The only habit I have in skyrim is gold septim fever , I take /steal anything to make a septim I have even come back to areas where I have conquered just to finish clearing it out of everything that I can sell to fences or vendors . I have played skyrim for about 1 year now on xbox and have accumulated over 9,833,752 gold septims at the present time . What can I say I have a greedy Khajiit with gold fever who look to get even richer .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts