Do you have any habits in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
  • Hoard all gems.
  • Hoard all magical robes and staves.
  • Collect all glowing mushrooms.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
My Redguard, Azzedine, goes to The Bannered Mare for dinner and a night cap before heading back to Breezehome every night. He also gives each of his followers a gift bedore he rellieves them of their services, whether it's a pretty circlet for the ladies or a bottle of mead for the gents.

As for me, I try to collect a piece of weaponry and full set of armor from each category (Elven, Ebony, etc) to display in my armory (for my Imperial character, Aliera, who resides at Lakeview Manor).

Saozig

Hippy
I am more than mere ingredient hoarder--I'm an ingredient klepto. And I've snatched so many flowers from shrines I'm surprised the Divines themselves haven't smited me down. Garlic braids are my biggest weakness.

I tend to hoard "free" food, especially meat and cheese from wherever I can find it, even if by pickpocketing or rummaging barrels. I confess I recently picked up a cheese wedge that was lying on the floor of a falmer den, and thought, "Yeah, I probably ought not eat that..." I also recently pickpocketed Jon Battle-Born and found him carrying some butter--and butter's prime food item for me--but decided I really didn't want to now what he had been using that butter for so I left it on him.

I tend to sprint through cities, especially Whiterun, and often rudely plow into NPCs who usually make some vocal objection.

I take shortcuts over walls/rocks/ledges and then have to wait from my follower to catch up to me because they have to take the "proper" route.

Whenever I visit Half-Moon Mill, I yell "I know you're vampires!" at the screen. I hope that wasn't a spoiler for any newbies.

I have a definite system for storing things, and will use that same system with each character so I don't confuse myself with where I store things. I once thought I lost the Wabbajack in my battlemage's game because I didn't put it in the upstairs chest like I usually put all unique items and after going crazy looking for it , I eventually found it storage in the end table where I store alternate sets of armor and weapons. This is why I have a system!

I always, always store stolen items to be fence in my housecarl's room. That way I can blame my housecarl if anyone comes looking for their stuff.

PS: "Smited" is perfectly fine online snark-speech, BTW.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Whenever I forge a new weapon, or am given a new weapon as a gift or a reward, I take it to a shrine of Talos to pray for a blessing before I use it. If I feel I may have misused a weapon by injuring an innocent or failing to vanquish an enemy, I will take it to a shrine of Stendarr and pray for a blessing to cleanse the weapon of the wrongdoing or cowardice of its wielder.

I leave offerings for the dead, if they were someone I knew in life or a famous hero or a worthy opponent.

I drink 3 tankards of mead in every inn I visit.

That's one of the nice things about Hearthfire.

You can build a mini-shrine to each of the Nine Divines (living in the Detroit area, I always picture a singing group) in your basement.

Why they hid them down there is anybody's guess, although I do feel like a rebel :eek: having a shrine to Talos.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Hoo boy.

- I usually explore every dungeon I come across, unless I know for certain that said dungeon is a pain in the ass to traverse (Sigdis Gauldurson, the Disarm-shout-spammer-doppleganger-Draugr thing in Geirmund's Hall makes me want to break things).
- Depending on which character I'm using, I either hoard potion ingredients or food.
- I only cook one thing: Dat Elsweyr Fondue.

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
Crafting full sets of weapons and armor for followers that I Never use, giving it to em to wear and use, take em two steps from Whiterun Hold only to dismiss them due to the fact that they're not needed. Wasting time and gold. I know I can't be the only one.

Whenever I come across a bandit camp I always kill the Giants and then take their cheese!

Clau

The Fateless One
Jumping for no reason when traveling on foot.

Wolfen McGunz

I serve the Light with a swift blade of justice!
I have the worst habit of all!

I start over all the time, because I'm new at the game right? So I always end up thinking "I want to play as (x) now!" or "I have more of a grasp on the game, so I'll start over again, and do it better."

What's wrong with me; I'm a start-over junkie! LOL!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I have the worst habit of all!

I start over all the time, because I'm new at the game right? So I always end up thinking "I want to play as (x) now!" or "I have more of a grasp on the game, so I'll start over again, and do it better."

What's wrong with me; I'm a start-over junkie! LOL!
I use a mod on PC that lets me save my games in an auto-launcher that I've made folders in. So, in essence I have 11 folders each labeled like "Assassin Game" or "Necromancer Game" or "Orc Warrior Game". Yeah I have 11 different games going. I like the variety as I never get bored. The downside...I never get anything done in a timely manner.

Chadonraz

I also (attempt to) slaughter every bunny I see. Because of the misc counter. :p

Having no intention whatsoever to join the Stormcloak rebellion, whenever I see a random NPC (one that I don't recognize as a member of any group) or a Stormcloak, I leave the road just to avoid them. Except if I've already joined the Legion.

The reason?

For all I know, the NPC could be someone on their way to Windhelm, and passing too close to them would prompt them to inform me that Ulfric is looking for soldiers for his cause, which would trigger the "Join the Stormcloak rebellion" misc quest, which I would fail.
I don't like failing quests -- except "With Friends Like These..." and the last part of "Pieces of the Past".

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
Well after every time my assassin comes back from a contract she likes to get drunk and pester Nazir. I think it started when she was a low level character so I'd build my health back up with food and drink and now it's just a customary post-job drinking session for celebration.

My Dragonborn also has a habit of bringing home souvenirs for her kids. They don't always appreciate them but I don't see any other kids running around Solitude with enchanted daggers hanging off their belts.

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
My character has to take a hot tub and sauna at Riverside Lodge (mod house) after every battle, preferably with a handsome mer male (right now its Atvir Dres). Its, well, healing, I suppose! Of course, I have to have fresh herbs in my sauna.

Volanere

Grand Magister
My extensive book collection i wouldnt say i have all the books but ive got alot. I also recently just organized them in alphabetical order.
All of my display cases have to have something epic in it.
I must have all the spells in the game to even if the skill is crappy i still have to have it.
I also kill any traveling nord i see, i like to think they all worship talos.

doc108

I hoard. On my level 30 character I am playing mainly now I have probably 50 thousand gold worth of stuff that I cannot bring myself to sell in Lakeview Manor(my boring stuff storage house) And that is not counting my one of a kind things that I keep on display at Windstad Manor (my cool object display house). I also hoard alchemical ingredients smithing resources and books in the Morthal house(my living house where my family lives). I could be so rich but I manage to convince myself that I will eventually need this stuff so I am stuck with usually only about a couple thousand gold instead of a hundred thousand.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Go into any ole Bandit camp in order to see if they're hosting illegal activities which they do o_O then I killz em. I also got the habit of going off those dang moon sugar sellers too... drugs are bad for U!!!

I have a few, the most annoying is my hoarding of alchemical ingredients, believe it or not it soon effects your carrying capacity when you take every ingredient in sight even when they weigh 0.1.
I spend ages chasing butterflies and the like.
Also I have a habit of killing everyone I see on the road whether it be hunters, farmers, vigilants or rabbits.

O.O You Kill all of these, because they worship talos?! SHAME ON YOU! XD By the Order of the Jarl your under arrest!

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
A LOT.

When I'm over encumbered I put my stuff I don't want in someone's pocket.
I can't not do the Thieves Guild. No matter what type of character I'm playing. Gets annoying in Riften.
When my character goes underwater I hold my breath to see if I would survive (It's difficult with an Argonian
I have to reload if I miss something somebody says or if I say the wrong thing.
I save a LOT. I have about 10,000 saves.
I need to collect and read every book I pick up.
I try to climb down the Throat of the World instead of taking the path.
I'm a kleptomaniac.
I can't steal from poor people, it makes me feel bad.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Jumping for no reason when traveling on foot.

LOL I do that too....for me, it's the "slightly flapping arms" animation that I find amusing.

And I hoard Nirnroot obsessively. I like the sound it makes, and the glow effect, so I always collect it. There's a farm near Iverstead that has a small plot of the stuff and it's positively glowing at night - I love that.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Being in a damned all-fire rush again...

If I see a rabbit on the road, i always have to chase it down, and kill it with my fists. i also have a chest in Lakeview manor with hundreds of rabbit pelts and legs.