Do you have any habits in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

Any (funny/odd/bad) Skyrim habits you'd like to share with the rest of us? Feel free to post 'em here. :D

You know those random deer skulls you'll find on the ground? I always kick them around when I find one, trying to get it to fly as far as possible.

Often, when I pass by a carriage horse, I stop right in front of it and initiate a staring contest.

I was going to get in the habit of exploring any caves I'd come across, but the first cave I entered pretty much nipped that in the bud: there were seven or eight cave bears in that hole. ROOOOAAAARRRR! :eek:

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I compiled a list just for you OP.
1. Go around Skyrim, picking up all the cheese I can find, then proceed to dump it all in Maven Black-Briars house.
2. Pick up all the food in Skyrim and store it in my house in an organized fashion.
3. Pick up all the clothes and armor in Skyrim so my character has a full wardrobe.
4. Randomly attack Ulfric Stormcloak and General Tulius.
5. Bring the NPC I needed to find in a quest, who are now dead, back to life with Undead so I can show the quest-giver that I found them.
6. Start back-talking Thalmor so that they attack me, and I don't feel bad when I kill all of them.
7. Kill people with flying baskets.
8. Use frenzy spells on chickens.
9. Steal all the sweetrolls I can find (Who stole who's sweetroll now?! >:D

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I have a few, the most annoying is my hoarding of alchemical ingredients, believe it or not it soon effects your carrying capacity when you take every ingredient in sight even when they weigh 0.1.
I spend ages chasing butterflies and the like.
Also I have a habit of killing everyone I see on the road whether it be hunters, farmers, vigilants or rabbits.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
When I do the DB questline, I give myself a calling card. The first time I did it, I left cheese on each person I killed.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
  • Hoarding items I don't really need
  • Obsessing over books to collect
  • Collect lots of different food
  • Swimming at least once every time I pass a body of water
  • Always use my bow during a fight before switching to a close-combat style
  • Give Lydia all the crude I picked up but can't carry
  • Have Lydia sit at home shortly after because she gets herself killed and me in trouble
That's all I can recall at the moment. :D

kyleekay

With my most recent character, I have her worship Talos. I make a point to visit a Shrine of Talos as often as possible, activate the blessing (even if another one would be more beneficial) and I leave Lavender or Mountain Flowers next to the Shrine, as my offering.

As for a more crazy one, I consistently talk to my TV whilst playing. Usually that means I'm yelling obscenities at rude/annoying NPC's. :p

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I collect skill books. I don't even actually read them, I just open them up, get the skill point, and into my inventory they go. Whenever I wind up in Windhelm, they go on display on a bookshelf in Hjerim.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Since I suffer from "OCD" in real life, diagnosed in 1981, I have some REAL bad habits I can't break in the game. Example: When starting a new game, and upon getting outside of the cave from Helgen, when running with Ralof or Hadvar, I HAVE to stop at that 1st small bandit camp and kill them all before running to the 1st set of standing stones. I then HAVE to kill that hunter in the camp just past said standing stones at the waters edge. Then, on my way to Riverwood, I have to go to the treasure stash (get map at the bandit camp I slaughtered) and loot it for some NICE starting funds. This is just a small sample. I need help.

***Note***
Was diagnosed actually with OCD in 1991 at the age of 21. In 1981 they didn't know enough about OCD and just thought I was "Special".

Siil

Breathe...
I adore list worthy situations. I can't prevent myself from:

• Punching chickens
  • Using Faendal as my only source of Wood Elf blood for "Discerning the Transmundane"
  • Killing Lydia and burying her in Mikrul Gauldurson's coffin in Folgunthur
  • Using Unrelenting Force on the dining table in the Palace of the Kings
  • Fighting Maven Black-Briar
  • Fighting Brynjolf, the invincible demigod of a man
  • Taking off all equipment before swimming

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I collect books as well. Sometimes I even read them.
If my character is a werewolf I collect meat.
If my character is a vampire I collect blood potions and shun all food.
I hoard alchemy ingredients.
I set aside alchemy ingredients in appropriate quantities if they are required for a quest.
I collect all daedric artifacts.
I up my smithing ASAP and improve everything in my inventory whether I sell or keep it.
I craft or improve equipment for followers.
I outfit all my housecarls in matching uniforms.
I have my character worship Akatosh.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I have a few, the most annoying is my hoarding of alchemical ingredients, believe it or not it soon effects your carrying capacity when you take every ingredient in sight even when they weigh 0.1.
I spend ages chasing butterflies and the like.
Also I have a habit of killing everyone I see on the road whether it be hunters, farmers, vigilants or rabbits.

I done the same with with latest char I haven't made one potion yet I have a chest full of ingredients and am carrying around 30-40 of ingredients on me.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
My habits obsessive tendencies that are hazardous to my health in-character and IRL?............

I usually carry about a hundred of each of these at any given time:
Carrots, Apples, each color of mountain flower. I have to pick ALLLLLL the flowers I see, even in the middle of a battle. Dx
I always loot vegetables, and I wish there was someone who'd buy the carrots instead of just cabbage and potatoes. >P

Also, as far as collections, my new thief character has the goal of having a wall in his house displaying every color of guard uniform from every city. >D

I also chase bunnies (but never hurt them), and I collect books, and I have to fully explore and search everything in a room or dungeon and "leave no stone unturned" so it is so hard when someone wants me to run behind them and not let me stop. Like in Helgen, Ralof was all "hurry uuuuuup, the building is collapsing, you know" and I was like "okay, okay, only two barrels left" xD

*edited above :D

Raven

If an enemy is wearing a helmet that covers the face, I HAVE to remove it after I kill em just to see what they look like.
I'm always hesitant to kill an enemy thats the same race as me. I leave an offering near their corpse as a sign of respect though
Booze....lots of booze. I collect every every wine, ale and mead I see. Except that Nord mead...tastes like warm sheeps piss

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Ah yes, another OCD moment in-game for me. I HAVE to buy all 3 plots of land in "Hearthfire" and build elaborate mansions on each. Then I collect ALL weapons and armor that I can and completely outfit the armory and trophy room and every mannequin in the house, every weapon plaque, with everything that I find. This is a have to thing. Also, I make elaborate displays in the trophy rooms. Every display case is filled, all wardrobes, every lock-box and treasure chest. After re-reading this post it has become painfully apparent to me that I need a girlfriend.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
With my most recent character, I have her worship Talos. I make a point to visit a Shrine of Talos as often as possible, activate the blessing (even if another one would be more beneficial) and I leave Lavender or Mountain Flowers next to the Shrine, as my offering....

I do the exact same thing; I also try and leave something that the Divine might appreciate at any other shrines as well (a gold coin or gemstone at the Shrine to Zenithar, for example).

SPOILER (?)
And speaking of Talos, there's a certain shrine of Talos between Helgen and Falkreath that always makes me feel bad because the worshipers have been slain by a Thalmor agent - I always pull his body away from the shrine and dump it off the edge. Then I arrange the worshippers closer to the shrine (letting them be closer to Talos in death, I suppose). I never loot their bodies and always leave a weapon on the altar in offering. That place gets me every time...!!

aussiegirlz

I've got a real bad habit of sticking pee buckets over peoples heads - especially fun if they are yammering on at me about something.

Dragon

Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon
A few of habits of mine is that i sell everything i just get have straight away so if i loot a tresure chest and get a item i have to sell it right away and also i never go off-course if theres a road i never go off because i dont want to run into any bunny wabits :oops: they feed on my flesh:cowboy:

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I organize my house. I hate houses with a limited amount of storage. I have to have a wardrobe for my clothes, A chest for my weapons, another chest for my armor, A cabinet for my food and ingredients, a safe for valuable stuff, a dresser for misc stuff (petty soul gems and the like), and another chest for completely useless stuff. And I have them all stocked out.

For example. In my safe in solitude I have over 100,000 coins. Rings, necklaces, and circlets, all enchanted for the most value possible. several thousand worth of silver and gold ore/ingots. The gold, ebony, diamond, sapphire and emerald dragon claws.
In my cabinet I have roughly 900 deer meat, 200 rabbit legs ect ect.

Wildroses

I've never been able to break my alchemy habit. Every single character I have ever made has collected all the ingredients they see, will drop expensive weapons and armour rather than dropping ingredients when heaviness occurs, and invest perks into most of the alchemy tree. I don't know why, but I just adore alchemy.

My desire to roleplay eating and drinking and feeding my dependants also means I have this habit of going into shops just to buy salt and garlic, and hoarding all the leeks I see. They are in most of the recipes and are the rarest vegetable in Skyrim! I fell to my knees and praised the nine when Hearthfire came out and I could grow my own.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I have a Skooma habit, its pretty bad.:sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts