• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    BOOM
    Ysarth stopped chewing on his apple and got up after Salthar, following him until he stood in the doorway, everyone outside.
    "Nature mother, what sign is this? What trickery do you pose to my reality? Never before have you darkened the sky with red and made the sun bleed."
    He returned to his seat thinking about what he had just seen, shaking his head slightly and muttering quiet phrases of questioning.
    Salthar had re-entered the tavern, book in hand and sat down at a table, paging vigorously through it.
    "He must know what it might be."
    Ysarth moved towards his Altmer brother and stood behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder, watching the pages being flicked through.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    Waking from what semblance of sleep he still was accustomed to, Avi hurried outside. The sky was red, as was the sun. Never before had the mage heard of such things, and his knowlege of magic was deep.
    It occured to him, for the first time, that this meeting could be a trap, designed to snare those who recieved the letter. Thinking about it, he realized it was likely. Apart from Indicum, those who had arrived had all shown some special ability. Add to that the fact that each had already interacted twice with the others and a rival to any one of them could quickly become a rival to all.
    Stepping back inside, Avi ran through a list of those in Tamriel who might want him dead. It wasn't very long, as all his rivals from younger days had died of age, and he had been careful to avoid suspicion recently. So, the primary target was one of the others.
    A thought occured to the mage. What if the letter-writer had been one of the others, all along? That woman... Seraphina. She had arrived last, and claimed to have been in Whiterun, though he hadn't seen here.
    Turning to face the woman, all thoughts of the danger outside gone, Avi asked a question, simple, but deadly.
    Who are you?

Goldguard

The Rapier
    Galten watched as Avi glared at Seraphina. "Let's not go turning on each other now." He then turned to Salthar and asked "Anything in that book of yours?" Galten stepped outside again and stared at the sky. This wasn't natural. He heard Drapor ask if it was Harkons doing, and Galten though the same thing. It seemed that only someone like Lord Harkon would pull something off like this. Galten remembered reading dossiers on Harkon at Fort Dawnguard, and this situation seemed to have Harkons name written all over it.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Seraphina looked at Avi calmly, "I am who I said I was. Why do you accuse me of lying?" Seraphina crossed her arms and slightly smirked at him. She then turned to Galten with an neutral expression, "Yes, you are right," she turned to Avi again, "we shouldn't be turning on others unless we have something to be hiding."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar flipped through the pages, aware of Ysarth's hand on his shoulder. He was also aware that Avi and the wood elf woman might be about to come to blows. That's when he found what he was searching for. He clenched his fist as he read. Then he heard Galtens' and Drapors' questions. "This is not Harkon. This is the work of a living man" he surveyed the room with his gold-yellow eyes. Then he lowered his eyes to the page once again, and read "The ritual of awakening, used in times long past by the necromancers of Skyrim, this ritual has only ever been performed once. It allows the Draugr, ancient warriors of the Dragons in Era's past to walk the earth, and follow the orders of the caster of the ritual, and may well allow the caster to become the next lord of undeath" Salthar closed the book with a slam that was so forceful, the candle was blown out. "Only someone of immense power has the ability to cast such spells...and I doubt they'd do it for no reason...except perhaps if they were desperate to find...something" with this statement, he glanced at Drapor, nodding to let the younger vampire know that Salthar beleived what he had discussed with the other two elves. "Such as Auriels bow, and other...artifacts of equal power"

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Seraphina stood up, "So you are saying that this living man did all this to get the Auriels bow as well as other artifacts of equal power?" Seraphina looked around the room, "Who could be able to do such a thing?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    'I can think of a few' Salthar thought to himself.Outwardly, he shrugged, and said "Your guesses are as good as mine. It's the Draugr that worry me...disgusting beasts" He stood, clasping Ysarth on the shoulder. The Watcher lived in nature, and to see nature acting out like it was, must have shaken him deeply. The Altmer vampires' grip on his fellow elf's shoulder offered support and reassurance. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have something...to attend to" he retired to his room, and stopped at the door. "Gather your equipment, we leave at nightfall" Before closing the door. He didn't lock it however. He had a feeling they might want to have a private conversation with him.

He removed a piece of parchment from the desk drawer, a quill, and an inkpot. Dipping the quill once, he began to write: To the love of my life; strange things are happening. Rituals performed that my masters in Alinor only heard about. I find myself wishing I was with you to hold you in my arms...the only comfort I can offer is that it may be a temporary thing. As always, my love goes out to you,
    Salthar. He placed the letter flat on the desk, and blew gently on it, drying the ink. He would have to get a hold of a courier before they set out. Salthar longed to take comfort in Virani's arms. To hear her comforting words...but that was not to be.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Indicum soon saw a group of shambling undead. Hircine preserve me, Indicum thought as he ran towards the ruins. He knew their was only one place they could have came from. Indicum sprinted towards the ruins, and soon found a scene that even took the exspirenced bandit back. His men where sprawled all over inside the open topped dome. Soon, he found his second. "Dam undead came out the new members broke and ran. Soon the veterans were overwhelmed." Indicum kneel next to the man who had been his brother since his legion days,"I will avenge you." "Thank you Severus..." Indicum had to took away,"Women,battle and profit await you brother." He saw his personal chest with his armor, weapons, and enough skooma to kill a village from overuse. Indicum needed the blood of those responsible, his rage building as he put on his mix and match armor. Where is my shield?, Indicum thought, no matter time to get dressed. Indicum felt the enchantments as he put on his old thieves guild boots and dragon scale armor, his hands tingling from the elven gauntlets, and lastly his glass helmet. He turned to see his ebony mace laying at the bottom. Honorbreaker, Indicum remembereed when his master helped Indicum forge that weapon. He heard a horse whinny and turned to see the bandit's wagon still operational, and in the chest mounted to the back he found what people called a glass shield. The world was still red from the sky as Indicum snapped the reigns and started heading back into the city. Bloodlust and skooma, Indicum was ready for this.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar tore the door open so violently, the handle snapped off in his hand, but he hardly noticed. His left hand crackled with lightning, and he tossed the handle away. With his right hand, he drew his ebony sword, that glowed with an eerie red. Purple energy lanced from his hand, blasting the first Draugr out into the street. He lashed out with his blade, decapitating his second target.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    In response to Seraphina's suspicion reply, Avi shot her a threatening look, then turned to the door. They could deal with tracking down and killing this necromancer later, but for now they had to deal with the undead themselves. Following Salthar's actions, he readied his magic, speaking in a tongue that, as far as Avi knew, had never been spoken by a mortal, apart from himself. Slashing an arm through the air, the imperial mage watched as the magic followed his motion, creating a red ripple that cut through Draugr more swiftly than any blade.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Indicum saw the lightning and the swirling image behind it. So Lord Darkrobes and that other odd mage is done playing with the letters, Indicum thought, for once I'm happy to see them show thier strength. Indicum stopped the horses just behind some rocks at the top of the basin into Dawnstar. Indicum hoped of the wagon pulling his mace off his belt, one shot of skooma. "Gaaagh!" Indicum submited to the drugs and his anger just enought to fight like a mad man. A wolfish grin appeared on his face, and so he ran down the hill. "Whats wrong to weak for Sovngarde?" No response but Indicum was barely in control. As he started his swing his laughter rang out the madness evident. An draugr turned to face him as Indicum smashed the undead's face into a powder. A spinning back swing knocked anothers head all the way around. Indicum was in his battletrance, he was at least as deadly as Salthar or Avi, his mace and sheild smashing limbs and bodies.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "Impressive, mage" congratulated the vampire blasting another Draugr to pieces, his sword parried a clumsy blow, and stabbed through his opponents chest several times. Several more surrounded the vampire, swinging their weapons at the Altmer. One blow, a savage sword hack, opened the flesh on his cheek to the bone.
    Snarling in fury, he tore the undead creatures throat out with fingers hardened into talons. The beast fell, but another moved to take his place. Swearing, the vampire lashed out with his blade, eliminating a pair of the undead with a single blow.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Indicum didn't even see that demonstration of strength from Salthar. He was in pure euphoria, this is why he left his village to join the legion, then left the legion to become a bandit. "Come on!" He yelled his taunts at the shambling dead. He knew they wouldn't respond in any way, but his blood was up nothing left to do but kill and rellish the glorious combat. "I will break you!" He was so far gone even profit was far from his mind. His shield reflected all the arrows that struck it, he had forged it recently it didn't even have an enchantment but it was still holding strong against the draugr blows. He watched arrows come from the Inn. An arrow barely missed his head, Indicum took his shield and swatted a draugr into the way of the arrows. "Do you know who in oblivion we are?" More insane laughter, and Indicum charged another group.

Drapor

"Drasok Ghett, the Dragon Knight, at your service"
    Drapor pulled his bow and shot a 2 draugrs and ran nto the town "Theres more where that came from!" He yelled to the inside of the tavern "When your done with the rest of them find me" He bolted into the village not knowing what to expect, A few draugr overlords he could take on but he had a feeling there was much, much more. he saw a undead being walk out of a house he killed it and ran inside to see a blood trail leading to the down stairs "Dam shame" he wispered to himslef he had knew what happend he was tempted to feed but overcame it and ran outside.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Seraphina took out her bow quickly without thinking shot down a draugr. She shot a couple more that surrounded Salthar. She then shot several more that started to come towards her. "Never mess with a wood elf. You will end up with an arrow in your throat," she muttered to the dead draugr that lay at her feet. "Who's next?" Seraphina cried to the rest of the draugr that were still alive.

Goldguard

The Rapier
    Galten was surprised at the amount of draugr that found their way into the town. He quickly pulled out his crossbow and loaded it with an exploding bolt of fire. Galten shot it into a crowd of undead and smirked when the group blew apart. Got to remember to thank Isran for these! He ran into the battle joining Drapor and Indicum. As the draugr started getting closer, Galten put away his crossbow and pulled out Goldguard, and began slicing away at his enemies. It was felt nice using his rapier in battle again. As he finished off another round of the undead, Galten turned to the town, facing at least a hundred more draugr. "Ha! Come at me! A few zombies don't scare me!" He ran into the battle and pulled out his crossbow again, shooting with his left hand and slicing with Goldguard in his right.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    'Curse you and the ground from which you arose!'
    Ysarth had removed his cloak to reveal his white elven armour and the gold Dwarven greatsword which was fastened to his back. He had run out, sword raised like a banner of death and slashed the first Draugr to oppose him from shoulder to hip. The smell of undead was everywhere and so were their glowing eyes. A group of Draugr surrounded Ysarth, taunting him with their axes and swords of old.
    'Your bones shall be dust and your eyes jewels to decorate my crossguard. The putrid smell of death surrounds you disgusting undead nords!' he spat from under his elven helmet.
    One Draugr found Ysarth's insult quite offensive, as he rushed at the elf axe raised.
    Ysarth grabbed the rotting bone-arm which held the axe and let out a roar that a giant wolf would, into the face of the Draugr, before drawing up the greatsword from his right hip side through the Draugr's neck. It slumped to the ground, eyes no longer glowing.
    'Return to your crypts once more!'
    Ysarth began his graceful dancing of greatsword swings, slicing, jabbing with such rhythm, most elven warriors would stop fighting to watch a man of the wild fight like a soldier born of war.
    Draugr after Draugr slumped, dull eyes and inanimate corpses, under the dance of the wild Altmer.

Not long did it take Ysarth to finish the group of undead. He turned to check on the others, swinging seldomly to cut a path. Everyone seemed to be managing.
    tclink
    Ysarth felt the shock of the arrow strike his armour and turned around to see the Draugr archer nock another arrow. Ysarth raised one hand, magicka crackling with sparks but he was too slow to kill the Draugr which was immediately overwhelmed by a sprout of spriggens. Ysarth grinned and lowered his hand.
    'Bless the Nature Mother.' he muttered to himself.