Spoiler Dark Brotherhood - Oblivion vs. Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one is superior?

• Oblivion DB

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Skyrim DB

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

Kayven Maryon

I felt like Oblivions DB was a lot more of a handcrafted experience, very linear, etc etc.

While Skyrims was more open. You have contracts that you can do at any time(with no regards to the main story), the main storyline(obviously), and the continued contracts after(although these are a bit lame. "Agitated Wanderer wants you to kill Coldhearted Gravedigger!" : /)

Also, Emperor mission was legit. Stealthing through the whole thing, killing him and laying the "We Know" note on his body...I felt like such a bamf.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

Kai

DB in Skyrim was 10 times better in Oblivion, best plot in the game imo. It would be awesome if the plot was longer as I found the ending unsatisfying, it felt like the beggining not the end. I would have liked a few more missions about reviving the brotherhood and recruiting new assasins.

But overall it was the most exciting part of the game so far for me and I was bummed when it was over.

Kasha

But this about the Dark Brotherhood..?
Because the thieves guild and the dark brother hood go hand n hand. I found the dark brother hood much better in oblivion than in skyrim, you just seem so much more sneaker, but i did dig the cook mission, i thought that was clever. The thieves guild last mission to steal the elder scroll, now that was the one mission to rule them all.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
It's usually the first impression and feel that sticks to most people and have them wield at as their personal favorite, it's human nature.

brandon

SPOILER !!!i liked the db from skyrim. i read all of ciceros journals and it talks about how the db across the continet is hunted down and the one in skyrim is the last one. the night mother hadnt spoken to anyone in about 30 or so yrs. and thats the so called leader and the rest of the db members are doing things theyre way and reject cicero and the night mother so much. i liked the whole story plot from skyrim better. i just hate the missions after its all said and done. i talked to the same guy in the same place 3 times for the night mother to kill 3 different people. stupid preist dude

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I don't know why people freak out over the beginning of the Skyrim DB. Isn't killing people your job? Make the most of the questline, like kill the targets all in different ways.

brandon

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Hey brandon, you get the Spetral Assassin (a summon) if you complete the quest “Bound Until Death” which is given to you by Astrid.

Regarding the initial question, I can’t come to a decision. I enjoyed both and each one has its pros and cons. For example, I absolutely hate the armor in Skyrim. Then again, the story is pretty dramatic. It’s a draw, I guess.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
The dark brotherhood storyline was deepened in this TES. I felt the presence of the night mother in this game. I felt in depth with the sinister man in my assassin. But i made moral choices in a silent tone. My assassin will never make sense since im such a kind hearted person :)

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
TBH I prefered the DB questline in Oblivion it seemed more cloak and dagger when you got to the dead drop stage, and the quest where you had to go in the house and kill all the guests was fun, and then the cleansing quest was awsome!!! and they had poison apples!!!!!!

As for the Theives guild yet again i prefered Oblivion the final quest was epic!

Still enjoyed both questlines in Skyrim...but Oblivion edges it in my view

brandon

Hey brandon, you get the Spetral Assassin (a summon) if you complete the quest “Bound Until Death” which is given to you by Astrid.

Regarding the initial question, I can’t come to a decision. I enjoyed both and each one has its pros and cons. For example, I absolutely hate the armor in Skyrim. Then again, the story is pretty dramatic. It’s a draw, I guess.
oh then i have it then cause i completed the db quest. and i liked the way the armor looks and the enchantments but i was already in dragon armor so i sold it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Go to “Magic” and then “Powers”. That’s where the summon should be located.

brandon

Go to “Magic” and then “Powers”. That’s where the summon should be located.
thanks i was gonna check conjuration when i get off work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts