• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Keara crosses her arms over her chest and gives Danrik a weird look "What, prey tell, are we going to Meridia Shrine for a scroll??" looks around the room, honing in her hearing to hear if anyone else in the Arms were listening in, her eyes drift back to Danrik a smile spreads across her face " But an elder scroll that should fetch a deeeeecent price eh? any more details in that parchment?" taking another sip of tea she started to zone out at the time she came across the two

It was after the oblivion crisis that Danrik and Keara became friends, at first he didn't know what she was, but he had his suspicions about her, until one night proving he was right, while out on a "hunting spree" as Keara always called as to not draw anymore attention to herself, then her already pale appearance uncommon for an high elf, curiosity got the better of Danrik one night as Keara slipped out of taverns one night to go "hunting" as he sneaked behind her a fair distance to observe her kill, she came up to a group of sleeping bandits, she waited in the dark for the fire to die, as the last flame hissed and flickered out, leaving a smoke trail, she carefully and quietly moved into the sleeping camp, at first Danrik thought she was just going to steal food from them, after all they were bandits and the food they had was most likely stolen anyways, but then he saw her bare her fangs, kneeled down, leaning in to bite the bandit, at that moment he didn't know whether or not to rush in and kill her or let her finish her feed, she after all wasn't killing any of them just simply feeding off them, but he had swore that he would fight and kill all dark creatures, but how could he kill her when she saved his life at Chorrol, if it wasn't for her he'd be in the plains of oblivion right now, burning for all eternity, he had to confront her on her curse and make her swear to never take a life of an innocent, he knew if she did he would have to strike her down where she stood.

After Keara was done feeding, she looked around, sniffed the air and caught scent of Danrik, her eyes glowed a bright golden yellow as she scanned the open field, looking in between trees, she stood up, brushed off the dirt from her outfit and walked straight towards him, pretending she didn't know he was there, as she passed him he grabbed her arm and threw her against the tree, covering her mouth with his mighty fist "Look here woman, I Know what you are" she pushed his hand away from her mouth "You do do you? Alright then what Am I?" he looked at her almost confused then answered "You are a night child, vampire, evil" she smiled at him "If I'm truly evil, would i have let you lived in Chorrol? If I was evil I would have let that daedra lord kill you where you laid" moves in closer to him "Danrik, I know you think you have to kill everything you view as evil or unholy but you dont have to worry about me, Im not like that" he almost didn't believe her, he pushed himself against her and the tree "You are evil, I know this because I just saw what you did" rolls her eyes "Yeah to bandits, you think they deserved to live? Here You fight what you think is evil when evil is not only daedra and dark magic, those bandits you want to know what they did? huh? Do you? They ransacked a poor widow and her daughters house, they did horrible things to them and burned their home down and here you are calling me evil? All because I had to fill my hunger? You need to check yourself" she pushes him away from her and starts to head back to the tavern, he follows behind her looking at the ground thinking about what she said to him.

As they entered the tavern and up to their rooms, he grabbed her by the arm "Look Keara, you're right and I am sorry but if you ever hurt an innocent, I will take you out" she smiled at him "Is that a promise Danrik?" as she stepped into her room, closing the door behind her, Danrik shook his head and returned to his room. As morning broke Danrik got up and went to Kearas room only to find the bed was made and she was gone, he went to the inn-keeper and asked "She left before the sun even broke the sky, left you a note" the keeper hands it to him "Danrik, you were right as well, I am evil, for I have done bad things, taking lives but they were paid contracts and no one ever disregards the Night Mother, May Shadows Guide You on Your Adventures dear nord ~Keara".

Months had passed since she last saw Danrik in Chorrol, when she stepped up to the door, looking into the dreaded door, she pushed it open and stepped into the sanctuary "Good Evening Sister" she nodded at the other dark hooded figure "Evening Speaker, what contract do we have today?" "Someone definitely wants this fellow dead, a crazy man in the forest of Anvil, apparently he has been involved with some necromancy and the near by village doesn't like, they paid a hefty price so be on your way" "Yes Speaker May the Night Mother Guide You" she left and headed out towards the woods, she stepped up to the cabin and listened hearing voices, she bolted in "Arkvir, Sithis wants you to die! Prepare to join the void!" Arkvir replied "Foolish girl! You have no idea how powerful I've become!" Arkvir raised 2 Imperial soldiers from the dead. The soldiers had been out of sight in the man's closet. The soldiers rushed Keara, knocking her over onto the floor. They held her arms on the ground and Arkvir approached. "Haha, silly girl. Did you really think you could best me?" Keara saw another person in the cabin she watched as he grabbed Arkvir by the throat, placed him against the wall, bound a sword to his hand, and stabbed the man. He was instantly dead.

The breton helped Keara up. "I... I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he practiced the truly evil arts. I'm Edwyn, a necromancer who uses his power more responsibly than most." she replied "That's fine. There's no contract against you. I thank you for your help, he may have actually bested me. My name is Keara." "If you are ever in Anvil, you can find me either hunting or in the Counts Arms. Visit sometime." "I'll be sure to do that." she drifted in and out of Anvil from time to time sharing drinks with Edwyn hearing about his tales while she told him of hers

she snapped back into now when Danrik started explaining to her and Edywn the details of the letter

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle just finished adding the Fox hide to his Iron chest-plate. He installed the hide to keep himself warmer when he goes Cave exploring. R'alle walked out of his hut. He walked around his camp's perimeter searching his rabbit traps. He checked them all. Only one trap was successful. He pulled out the 2 dead rabbits and started his journey to Anvil. It was a short walk only about 30 minutes away from his camp. He was also carrying the traps he used. " I'm not fit to be a trapper" Mumbled R'alle nearing the the city. He nodded at a guard,and walks towards the every building,Looking for a trader.He stopped and looked up Morvayn's Peacemakers. " This should do." R'alle then walked in the blacksmith, He looked at the man." Are you Morvayn? I have some steel traps that I'm willing to sell to you."

The man looked up " Yeah that's me, How much you want for all four?"
    R'alle thought for awhile." I'll take 1000 gold for them, and I'll also toss in a rabbit."
    The Blacksmith looked puzzled " Is the rabbit skinned? and Why would I pay 1000 gold for a couple of steel traps?"
    R'alle looked the man in the eye. " You can smelt these, and becuase I brought you dinner." R'alle then held up the skinned rabbit.
    Morvayn laughed and nodded. They made the exchange. R'alle was about to exit the door with his money, he stopped and spoke " Know where any bars are around here?"

" Yeah the Counts and arms Inn has some pretty good mead,and food. Also they have rooms you can rent if you wanna stay in"
    R'alle nodded and left the blacksmith with his coin pouch in his pocket. He walked to the Inn and walked in. He walked over to the counter and ordered 2 meads and a rabbit haunch. The server came back with his order. R'alle paid the money and sat at a table. He surveyed the room, he saw a large nord man talking with a Elf female, she was accompanied by a breton. R'alle tried to identify what kind of elf the woman was,but they all looked the same. The only specific elf he could classify was a dark elf,other than that all elves look the same.. He looked away from the trio and narrowed in on their conversation with his Khajiit ears. "What, prey tell, are we going to Meridia Shrine for a scroll??" The female stopped and looked around the room. R'alle quickly took a bite out of the Haunch." But an elder scroll that should fetch a deeeeecent price eh? any more details in that parchment?" R'alle picked the discussion apart in his head. Meridia= goddess=important. Elder scroll=?=Definitely important if it's at a goddess's shrine. Price=money is involved=payment. Parchment=letter=the group was possibly assigned with the task=absolutely important,most likely involving the government/Tamriel. R'alle was intrigued he wanted in, but he didn't know how to approach the group. What would he say? R'alle continued eating deciding he would figure it out later.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza got up off the seat at his table, he saw a young Khajiit eating a rabbit haunch and approached the cat. He pulled down his hood, revealing a bunch of dark blue feathers on his head and small spikes on his eyebrows, so he wouldn't appear intimidating to the khajiit, not that he thought he would, just wanted to have a nice 1st Impression. He gently tapped the adolescent cat on the shoulder with his cold scaly hands and asked, "Excuse me, do you happen to be related to S'Baadar by any chance? He's a Khajiit like you and he kinda looks like you but older. So I was just wondering if you were related to him, I need to have a word with him." Julanza hoped that the cat would say yes so he could learn S'Baadar's location and get the Skooma he wanted from his dealer, S'Baadar.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
    Danrik could see how they were either excited or terrified of the idea of going after an Elder Scroll, and conversing, perhaps even working alongside a Daedric prince. Personally the idea disgusted him to his very core. But he was no longer bound to the Order's code. Although still holding his title as Knight-Paladin, he was a freelancer. In the past, he enjoyed the company of his brother and sister Paladins, they would spend time training their fighting skills and spell casting. Discussing issues that affected the world, and telling stories of glory. However, he thought the Order's code, about judging a creature by what he or she represented in body and not in mind, was archaic. He often questioned his tutors reasoning. He agreed that Daedra were pure malevolence personified, but not all vampires and werewolves were evil. Only their methods and powers were seen as un-natural. It was this rebellious attitude and will to think for himself that forced him to resign from the order. Although he lost his commission, not even the Emperor could take what he was and what he always will be, a Paladin, a favoured soul of Stendaar and the right hand of justice, away from him.

"Seven moons ago, an Elder Scroll was stolen from a secure facility in the Imperial city. Whoever stole it has not made his intentions clear. However, they learned that whoever did steal the scroll, was trying to use it to summon an unknown strain of Daedra. Our job is to find whoever stole the scroll and retrieve it. Before we begin our search, we've been ordered to speak with the Daedric prince known as Meridia. The expert on Daedra that briefed me has told me that she, he, it even, is the one Daedric prince that is considered somewhat benevolent. Personally, I find the idea of recuiting her, him, it, to our fellowship disgusting. But it is required in this case." He told them, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I warn you now, if we are able to summon Meridia, and gain her assistance. Whatever she tells you, IGNORE IT! Daedric princes have the ability to look into your soul and conquer your very being. This can be resisted with both a strong and defiant mind. They like to play games with mortals, even some immortals." he ended the sentance with a quick nod to Keara.

"Also, we may want to check with the local population to see if there is anyone else who would join us as I feel we'll be better of as more than just the three of us. The Empire is paying us handsomely for this job, they'll be plenty of Septims to go around for a couple of extra pairs of hands, or claws." he added.

He crossed his arms and awaited for a response from his friends and anyone else that might have overheard or eavesdropped in on his statements...

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Conan awoke being told that they had finally arrived at Anvil docks, the ride from Skyrim had been long and boring. Hee stood up and equipped his fine Orc armor and placed his ebony warhammer on his back, fitting the armor on took about 20 minutes for this slow orc, but he needed it if he was to be adventuring. The armor was covered in skulls of bandits and thugs he had killed in the past, it was very tightly banded and had been covered with hide from all sorts of creatures, it was aged but not lost any quality, he gained his right to wearing the armor after proving himself in battle against a orc tribe his family did not like and had been at war with for other 100 years. After he fitted his armor he grabbed his pouched and placed 100 septims, anymore would be useless but he couldn't spend to much otherwise he would have to return to the ship, and knowing Conan that was a likely situation considering he would most likely go to Anvil inn straight away, he walked out of his room locking it with his key, then he placed his key in his tightly strapped boots, that way they won't get lost.
    He climbed the ladder to the top deck and saw the Captain, he approached the Nord and said ''How long was I asleep mate?'' every word Conan said was prolonged due to bad education but he could still talk, and that was good enough for most men, the Captain then smiled and replied ''20 hours haha'' the Captain usually found his own jokes finally but Conan just smiled.
    He dismounted the boat and walked through the gate, it was guard by the standard guards of tamriel, light armor, easy to pierce, but luckily Conan wasn't here to kill, just to adventure.
    He then walked through Anvil to see the Inn, he smiled and mumbled to himself ''Just my kinda place.''

Conan entered the inn, as he opened the door it swung, smashing a young man in the face, he was about to retaliate but saw the size of Conan and thought otherwise. Conan looked around the room seeing three friends sat at a table saying something about Daedric princes, a young Khajiit and A lizard. He walked towards the barmaid getting stares from some rather angry looking men but none challenged him, he then reached the woman ''Lets have a pint love, nord mead will do kindly'' Conan asked in a rough voice, as he finished his sentence the woman went of to get the mead and handed it to him ''Their you go that'll be 5 septims please'' Conan stared at the woman, he only brought 100 septims of the ship ''Make it 3 you got a deal'' the woman then exchanged the look which Conan made ''This aint a place for tramps hun, 4 septims says you got the mead, anymore arguing and you aint getting nothing'' Conan understood the woman was getting annoyed so he got 4 septims out of his pouch and placed it on the table ''Their you go'' he then winked at the barmaid as he took his mead and sat down on one of the chairs, close enough to the 3 friends so he could hear what there going on about, allhe heard was something about they were looking for help and he instantly placed his drink on the table and turned his chair facing the friends ''I'll help ya out guys, i've got some good muscle and could surely use the gold, I'm here for adventure anyway so whatcha think?'' Conan awaited their reply, as he waited he saw a male who was a paladin, another man who was surely a necromancer and a female who was either a rogue thief or a assassin, surely they were tough so this mission must be hard, and that's just what Conan was looking for.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was thinking about what his friend Danrik said. It sounds like a whole lot of fun, but it may be very dangerous. Perhaps we should be looking for more adventurers. Just then, an Orc turned and said he'd volunteer to come with the group. Edwyn looked at Keara and Danrik and said "I'd be fine if the Orc came. We could use a larger group. Talos knows what kind of things could await us at that Shrine."

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Keara shifted her weight towards Edwyn almost leaning on him "I think you just want the orc to join us cause he is a brute looking fellow" gives him a sarcastic wink, the looks over at the orc "Hey Orc" points towards him then motions him to come over towards the group "What makes you think you would benefit on our say little trip to the shrine? And what do you plan on getting out of it as well?" leans up against the table crossing her right ankle over her left as well as crossing her arms, as she waits for his answer she shouts out to the rest of the tavern "Are there any others who would like to join us speak now or drown in your mead" her fang grin spreads across her face

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza stood up and walked out of the door after the Khajiit said, "No, I'm not related to him". He wasn't expecting to see S'Baadar leaning on wall to the left side of him, so S'Baadar's voice surprised him. "Ahhh, Julanza, you're finally here, friend." said the tall, cunning Khajiit. Julanza looked at the Khajiit straight in the eyes and said angrily, "Where in Oblivion is my Skooma, S'Baadar?!" The cat quietly interrupted him as fast as he could before any of the guards passing by would hear, "Shhh! Keep it down, you scaly brute! You do not want to have a fun trip to jail, do you?" Julanza had a feeling of irritation flow through him. "Answer my question" Julanza said. "Oh yeah, haha, that was a funny play that the bard showed us!" said S'Baadar as a guard passed by.

When the guard was out of hearing range, S'Baadar looked back at Julanza and said, "That is what I came here to talk to you about. I sadly do not have the stuff. The guy I get my stuff from is practicing something religious at the Shrine of Meridia currently, he's a devout worshipper of that Daedra Lord. He told me to come meet him there when he's done doing his...whatever he's doing there....so I can get my supplies." Julanza questioned the cat with, "You told me you make the Skooma yourself." S'Baadar then said, "No, noo, you have it all wrong my friend. I do make my own products, but I do not make my own Moon Sugar, he gives my my supply of Moon Sugar, and I mix the Moon Sugar into Skooma. Just take my word for it, Julanza, I would not even consider lying to you."

Julanza was skeptical about this whole situation, but knew he could easily kick the plops out of S'Baadar with one hit, so he said, "Alright, I'll go with you there. But there better not be any funny business, or Hist help me, all that will be left of you is ash and blood, do you understand?!" S'Baadar got scared, there was sweat dripping down his face and he had an awkward smile on his face. "Heh..heh... no funny business.... I promise." Julanza then nodded and said "Meet me at the shrine tommorow, then we'll get the stuff from this man you speak of. Don't forget." and opened the door then went back inside the bar.

Just as Julanza wandered into the bar, he heard a womanly Altmer accented voice shout, "Are there any others who would like to join us speak now or drown in your mead". Join them with what? the voice in his head asked. Out of curiosity he cautiously wandered over to their table and asked, "Join you? What will you be doing? It cant be tommorow because I have to be at the Shrine of Meridia....for some 'religious practice'."

Skyrimosity

Edwyn looked up and down at the Argonian. Something seems a little off to me... wonder what it could be. "You are in luck my friend. It just so happens we are going to that very same Shrine tomorrow. So, Keara, Dankrik, what do you think about this Argonian? Should we let him come with us or not?"

(OOC: sorry it's so short but this bar scene has become drawn out)

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza leaned in to the table to whisper, "Listen, if you don't snitch to the guards, I'll tell you what's actually going on and why I'm going there." he felt a sudden regret after saying that, he didn't know these people, and didn't know if they were the type to report him and S'Baadar to the guards.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn heard the man's whisper and with a serious look on his face responded "Listen, Necromancers aren't exactly on good terms with the guards here in Cyrodiil thanks to that blasted Mages Guild. Yea, you can trust me." Edwyn hadn't been in Cyrodiil before the ban on Necromancy but he imagined it used to be a much better place where one such as he could learn about the skill.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza said "Alright" cautiously, and leaned in further for a quieter whisper, he was between Edwyn and Keara, and he whispered as quiet as he could but still able to be heard by the table, "A friend of mine, a Khajiit named S'Baadar, he has a friend that worships Meridia that gives him Moon Sugar and he makes the sugar into skooma for me. I love skooma, well, it's not me that loves it it's my body, I would do anything to quit, but it's so great to use! I can't help it! So I'm traveling to there with S'Baadar so he can get the Moon Sugar from this man. But I don't trust that damn cat, he's ripped me off before, and I feel like something sketchy is going on, so if i could trust you to protect me as I go there, i'd be greatful."

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle shook his head as the shady character left out of the bar. Just becuase I'm a Khajiit doesn't mean I'm involved in Skooma. R'alle was thinking when he heard the Invitation."Are there any others who would like to join us speak now or drown in your mead." R'alle stood up and walked to the group. He eyed both of them. It was the Female elf who gave the invitation. He looked at each of the people in the group in the eyes.

" My Name is R'alle and I would like to accompany you on your journey. This town........bores me." R'alle said this missing all of the adventure,and action. He then quickly wondered if there would be pay.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Conan smiled at the woman's gestured ''I merely here for adventure, and that is a adventure am I right? And what do I think I will get out off it, well merely a adventure and some gold on the way''' he winked then walked towards the group and sat down next to the woman he had just spoke to ''So what's your names then, I'm Conan, I come from Skyrim. In fact I just got off my ship which I had journeyed on from Skyrim, what about you guys?'' Conan was very eager for this adventure, surely they would come across something that would get Conan's adrenaline high, he just loved adrenaline like the Khajiit loved Skoom. It was addictive..............

Templar of Talos

((Sorry I haven't been on, my Broadband is knackered (that means it's broken if you're not a Brit), should be fixed tomorrow))

Danrik looked at the newcomers, the Orc, the Argonian and the Khajiit. He sized them up one by one.
    The Orc, Conan looked strong, he would be a valuable member of the group, someone else who could crack skulls. He'd seen Orcs fight, and when they go beserk there's no stopping them. The Argonians were also good fighters, and this one, Julanza looked capable, they were good lockpickers also and can breathe underwater, that alone would be valuable. The Khajiit, R'alle also looked like he could look after himself. Good fighters when no weapons are availible, the claws of a Khajiit could tear through leather armour. And they can see in the dark, he'd make a good lead man in darkened places. He stepped forwards.

"Conan, Julanza, R'alle? You're all welcome to join us, Standaar knows we could use the help and your skills. But you know what we're up against? Our enemy is unknown and in possession of an Elder Scroll. And we have to converse, possibly recruit a Daedric Prince. Not even I can slay one of those bastards. We must keep our minds strong and our wits stronger. I suggest you all settle your affairs here in Anvil, get a good night's rest and we be on our way at sunrise tomorrow. And thank you for joining us, if we survive, I'l make sure you're all well rewarded"

Danrik nodded to them all and headed towards the door. "I'm going to pray at the chapel. If anyone wants to join me they'd be welcome"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "The names Keara, we will get friendly later after we do this" she turned on her heels and headed out with Danrik trying to keep pace with him "I know you usually pray alone or like to, but I guess I'll join you that is if the building doesnt crumble when I step through the doors" she said with a chuckle, lightly elbowing him in the side "I'd also like some alone time with you later" winks

Skyrimosity

Edwyn knew Danrik was a very religious person and that he'd prefer to play alone. Edwyn would wait for a few minutes before he would start to return to his small tent in the wilderness to pray to Julianos and sleep. The tent wasn't much, just a bedroll under protected from rain by the small shelter. He was surprised 3 people volunteered to go with them on this possible suicide mission, but he also believed that as long as he, Keara, and Danrik were together no mission was suicide.

Templar of Talos

He looked at Keara and winked "Of course you may join me in prayer." he said. He picked up his mace and his shield, his armour had been polished and repaired recently, so he would say his prayers and retire to the Undercroft. Holding the title of Paladin would garuntee him a comfortable and quiet place to sleep of a night. Paladins were offered the privacy of a Lord in any of the Chapels dotted around Tamriel. He could also offer sanctuary of a Chapel to whom he pleased, without any objections from the priests or preistesses. He nodded to Keara and whispered "Just wear a hood that covers your eyes. The Priest in Anvil's chapel is still very nervous since the murders in there four years ago, if he saw that you were a Vampire he would deficate himself, and the smell would be fearsome" ending the sentance with a chuckle. He turned to the newcomers to the group.

"Sunrise at the main gate, make sure you have plenty of supplies, we'll need them, don't worry about food so much but plenty of potions and arrows if you're gifted with a bow. Good night, and Stendaar protect you." He said before leaving the tavern with Keara.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    laughs softly as she pulls her hood covering her eyes and follows Danrik outside, she walks next to and brushes her hand against his "Why do you want me to cure myself so badly? Do you not like the way am I?

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza ran out the door so he could catch up with the group, once he was caught up, he said to them, "By the Hist, were going now?! Alright...I guess." he didn't want to go too early because he told S'Baadar to be there tommorow, but didn't think of it as much of a problem. Because he could go there now, retrieve the moon sugar from the man, then go back and give it to S'Baadar later tommorow. But he hates it when things interfere with his plans.