Completely Ridiculous Things that Scare You

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
- Hagravens. They sound like terminal stage throat cancer patients. Except terminal stage throat cancer patients don't lob fireballs at you.
- Slaughterfish. Can't see em coming, but you can hear the 'gurgle gurgle' (I dunno if it's supposed to be the sound of something moving through water, but it gives me the heebie jeebies!). And you're defenseless in the water.

*SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T DONE THE DARK BROTHERHOOD*

- The Night Mother. I felt genuinely horrified when I had to hide in her coffin next to her decomposing corpse, which then came to life and started talking to me inside my head. Took a few pints of mead at the nearest tavern to wash away the memory of what happened!

Panthera

Don Gato
The most ridiculous thing that scares me, is a fox... Not that I'm afraid of it, but the noise that fox makes I always miss-took it for wolfs/bears/sabercats. When hear it I look around to fight an enemy and when I see fox, I'm like: "oh it's just a fox!"

KrazyLizard

Most of my moments involve surround sound, but here are a few that made me jump.

1. First solo encounter with a dragon. I heard the roar from far away, and then the dam thing landed right in front of me. Controller drop 1...

2. The "Swinging Door of Spiked Death" trap. Never fails to shock and awe. Controller Drop 2...

3. Abandoned House..first play through.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Giants and mammoths scare the shart right out of me when they start to chase me. Sometimes when something big like that is after me I stand up out of my chair and get real stiff. Then I laugh at myself a few seconds later. I just can't help it!

Derpo

Dwemer spheres, holy plops....the way they come flying at you at abnormal speed with that emotionless face and steam pumping out of they're back.....that plopss scares me. that and they always drop out of those damn dispensers when you least expect it, turn around and see that emotionless O_O face flying at you sword drawn......nightmares man...nightmares..........makes me say

Early on charus scared me, wispmothers probly would have scarred me also but I didn't face one until I was lv 44 ish so they were easy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MoulinRouge

Hawks...Because every time I see its shadow in Solitude I think "HOLY pl*ps!!! A DRAGON IS ABOUT TO ATTACK SOLITUDE" get my bow and arrow ready only to find that it was a just a freaking hawk. And its shadow is half the size of a dragons. Then I try to kill the hawk to get some hawk feathers and beaks. Damn beasts.

Trolls. I hear footsteps and breathing behind me, expecting it to be a wolf, bear, saber cat, something like that. I turn around, and "AAAAAARRRRRGH!"

Also, the ghosts from Oblivion scared the crap out of me! I see a spectral object in the the distance. It slowly gets closer... and closer... I hear a disturbing moan. I get PWNED like a B*TCH!

(mfw I open a door and see a troll and a few ghosts:)
519.gif

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Most of my moments involve surround sound, but here are a few that made me jump.

1. First solo encounter with a dragon. I heard the roar from far away, and then the dam thing landed right in front of me. Controller drop 1...

2. The "Swinging Door of Spiked Death" trap. Never fails to shock and awe. Controller Drop 2...

3. Abandoned House..first play through.

Same here on 1 and 3. The first time I experienced the spiked swinging door was also a "holy crap where did half my hit points go?" sort of thing, but it annoys me more than surprises me now.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I fear explosions. Frost runes in glacial caves especially, as you can't see them very well. Its all quiet and peaceful in your nice dungeon delve and then........ BANG! Strangely, even when walking around town i'll be checking for hazards.
The spike door trap, dwemer traps and gas also causes this, but I usually see the trigger for them.

Chaurus and Falmer also cause a feeling, but its more a learnt thing of "oh geez, this is going to mess me up".

Anything too supernatural won't scare me.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
The light house between Dawnstar and Winterhold. Everyone is dead, the journals say something is scratching in the basement and you can hear it yourself, turns out to be falmer so I felt stupid

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
.....this will be a long list:
  • The Night Mother, enough said
  • Traps from nowhere
  • Hjerim
  • Dwarven Centurions
  • A Frost Troll From nowhere
  • Three Dwarven Spheres At the same time fighting 'em alone while wearing Ragged clothes and my only weapons is a Shiv
  • The Draugr that attacked me from nowhere outside Winterhold
  • Dremora
  • Deadra, expect for a few.
  • Abandoned Houses where stuff start fly in front of your eye
  • Black-Biar
  • The Black Sacrament

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
1. Sneaking up on a group of Falmer only to not see the hidden path where one runs up behind me and plants his sword in my back.

2. Dwemer Centurions that let you think they are inactive only to steamroll you seconds later with a 4ton golden fist.

3. Wandering in the woods and a fox runs out. Try to crouch down and "pet" it and the bear chasing it bites a hole in my face.

4. An arrow to the knee. I WANNA BE AN ADVENTURER MOMMY BUT THEY KEEP HITTING ME WITH ARROWS!! Its okay baby you can stay at home and help me with the Hoarker Loaf. *limps away*

Nitro Zem

Wanted for Lollygaggin' and Grand Theft Cabbage
The thing that scared me the most. That HUGE reaper chaurus in that Lighthouse. My stubborn follower decided not to follow me down there. So i went off on my own, Killed the chaurus in my way. Then i get to the place where the bigger one is. Usually it sits and waits for you apparently. First time i went down there? THAT THING CHARGED AT ME. I think my whole neighborhood heard me yell "OH S***" The huge thing then porceeded to corner me and pwn me. The next time, i shouted Faendal down with me, ran like crazy past the big one while going "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD" then i camped up on the top and hide while the smaller ones were one by one parading up towards me XD Eventually when all the tiny ones died i ran back down to help Faendal kill the big one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts