Completely Ridiculous Things that Scare You

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Case I: Frost atronarchs freak me out like no other enemy. Whenever someone summons one and sets it against me, I start panicking. It's something about the heavy sound of its footsteps, the fact that the thing's three or so times my size and so terrifyingly alien in appearance. I always feel like their icy fists can smash me in one hit, that their progress toward me is unstoppable and inescapable, like a steamroller. And beneath it all, I know that they're one of the weakest enemies and that their large size makes them much easier to hit. To make it even more ridiculous, I truly fear these guys...and I am a pyromancer. >.<

Case II: On my very first character ever, I was a bit freaked out about leaving the safety of Riverwood. I didn't really have the hang of combat yet, was still uncertain about what I was supposed to do and didn't know much about the world at all. I walked down the path to Whiterun, alert to every bit of movement, expecting an enemy to pop out of the trees any second and assault me. And then I see something running ahead of me and I'm like "AHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S GONNA KILL ME!" It was a harmless deer, galloping across my path.

Is anything more ridiculous than that?

Raven

Due to the fact they come out of bloody nowhere (mostly behind me) most times I'd say sabre cats, wolves. skeevers and bears.
I still get shivers though when I hear that low roar, the music hits and then I see that silhouette of a 2 winged beast in the distance.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
SPOILER!

I've been jumped out at alot in Skyrim. Some of the most "AH!" moments have to do with Dwemer Spiders and Falmer jumping from the walls...

..But I think the most eerie moment so far was seeing "Nocurnal" rise up and greet you in the Thieves guild quest chain. It was a tad unexpected to me at the time, and the animation of it with the ravens flying around was a 3 second "Shock and Awh" that was really impressive to me.

ice wraiths they look ugly theyre fast theyre badass tbh i just run when i see them

Skeevers do also make me scream a lot. It isn't rational. I could kill them in one hit... with my johnson, but they always come out of nowhere and they be all like, "Screach rrrrrrreifasffisdf;laf" And I be all like, "Eeeeeeeeeeep! I just pooped."

Another thing that scares the crap out of me, especially the first time I fought one is Whisp Mothers. I was just minding my own business, picking flowers outside Riften one day, and I see these shiny little buggers flying around. I think it's weird, but I pay no mind. But they don't leave, and so I decide to follow one around to see what is going on. Then out of nowhere this whispy mother fudger pops outta nowhere and starts destroying me! Scared me silly :eek:

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Skeevers do also make me scream a lot. It isn't rational. I could kill them in one hit... with my johnson, but they always come out of nowhere and they be all like, "Screach rrrrrrreifasffisdf;laf" And I be all like, "Eeeeeeeeeeep! I just pooped."

Another thing that scares the crap out of me, especially the first time I fought one is Whisp Mothers. I was just minding my own business, picking flowers outside Riften one day, and I see these shiny little buggers flying around. I think it's weird, but I pay no mind. But they don't leave, and so I decide to follow one around to see what is going on. Then out of nowhere this whispy mother fudger pops outta nowhere and starts destroying me! Scared me silly :eek:
OMG! I totally Forgot about Wispmothers! I Take my other one back completely!

The first time I ever saw one was epic. It was early on, and I was trying to walk to Ivarstead. It got late and I got off the road thinking I could find a short cut around the mountain.

All the sudden I see these wisps. I don't know if it was a bug, but they were just flying around me and not attacking. I didn't know what was going on. Then off in the distance in the woods I see this glowing Ghostly figure looking my direction. It was pretty fightening. Of course I walked up to it, it froze half my life off.... and I ran. I love that sense of panic the game came give when you are a low level just starting out.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

when i first started playing skyrim, the one thing that scared me the most was the trollz. seriously, those things scared the crap out of me. they'd kill me with only two hits. the only thing that is scarier than a troll, is a trolling toll, which is when one troll gets four more trolls to gang up on you. i actually made my character commit suicide jumping off cliffs just to get away from the talos-forsaken things. Now that I'm a level 81 i have nothing to fear... well except for the Elder dragons who keep trying to eat me.....

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
For some reason whenever someone else sneaks up on me it scares the plops out of me... An assassin coming out of a bush swords flying at me is like whoa bro umad? And then I leave a trail of poop along the trail glazed with some strange yellow liquid I am yet to find out what it is. Something about that is just so tasty:Dragonborn:

when i first started playing skyrim, the one thing that scared me the most was the trollz. seriously, those things scared the crap out of me. they'd kill me with only two hits. the only thing that is scarier than a troll, is a trolling toll, which is when one troll gets four more trolls to gang up on you. i actually made my character commit suicide jumping off cliffs just to get away from the talos-forsaken things. Now that I'm a level 81 i have nothing to fear... well except for the Elder dragons who keep trying to eat me.....
:oops: Okay, I see how it is... ;)

Moonwort

Giants. When I was a noob, I got lost leaving River wood and of course I wound up at Secunda's Kiss before I ever found White run (Ooooh, a big campfire). I was maybe level 3. Being the stubborn ass that I am I tried about 10 different tactics to take it down (with predictable results) before I fled to White run like a baby. I don't think I took one on again until I was level 40.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Falling. Falling off of cliffs isn't too bad, because you typically don't fall too far before hitting rock. But, like, in Sovngarde. Even though I hate falling, I had to jump off that bridge—it's just irresistable. So I did and I fell and fell and fell and fell and oh my god it went on forever and then I was dead. I always get that rollercoasteresque drop in my stomach when I see something like that and it makes me feel like I'm actually falling myself. Freaks me out.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Runes. I never see them and the explosion when you step on them is so loud I'm pretty sure the shock it gives me has taken a few years off my life.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
SPOILER!

I've been jumped out at alot in Skyrim. Some of the most "AH!" moments have to do with Dwemer Spiders and Falmer jumping from the walls...

..But I think the most eerie moment so far was seeing "Nocurnal" rise up and greet you in the Thieves guild quest chain. It was a tad unexpected to me at the time, and the animation of it with the ravens flying around was a 3 second "Shock and Awh" that was really impressive to me.

That was an awesome moment.

That was an awesome moment.
I wet myself when it happened. I was nervous for a second when I dropped down that hole too. Then I was so scared when pl*** started going down :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts