Completely Ridiculous Things that Scare You

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Bears. Every time I'm wandering the forest those suckers always somehow sneak and scare the hell out of me.
^That and trolls. When I hear them roar behind me out of nowhere. I soil myself. I'm doing a lot of soiling myself in this thread... :eek:

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
I sometimes get caught off guard when bear traps go off, first time I played I heard a bear trap go off and started firing arrows like an archer on cocaine..

Train

Is that all you got?!
I really thought I would be at least intimidated by spiders due some minor arachnophobia. Apparently it's the size of the creatures that bothers me in real life...bloody things can hide anywhere. Obviously somebody couldn't overcome their fear though, I believe there's a PC mod that makes them look like bears...

I really thought I would be at least intimidated by spiders due some minor arachnophobia. Apparently it's the size of the creatures that bothers me in real life...bloody things can hide anywhere. Obviously somebody couldn't overcome their fear though, I believe there's a PC mod that makes them look like bears...
Yeah and it's rediculous! Look up a video lol

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
Has nobody mentioned Hagravens?! They walk so freaky like and I hate their voices. I'm almost never intimidated by Draugr but when they speak in dragon tongue and are all like: "BLADFGAGFDA DINOK!" I run and fire my lasers (arrows) at them. I concur about Wispmothers, they remind me of spirits of dead maidens who just want to protect their little wisps, and when they multiply I feel like they're going to drag me to hell.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Brynjolf and his glass dagger. :eek:

KITTEH

Khajiit
The thing that scared me was walking through a cave and all of a sudden boom the ground is now lava then a dragur deathlord just starts raining ro da,s on me so instinctively I use unrelenting force to shoot him against a wall still scares me till today.

Neriad13

Premium Member
^That and trolls. When I hear them roar behind me out of nowhere. I soil myself. I'm doing a lot of soiling myself in this thread... :eek:

Ewww...man, do you have to do keep doing that in this nice, clean thread that I made? My mop is smelling so bad right now. o_O

Ewww...man, do you have to do keep doing that in this nice, clean thread that I made? My mop is smelling so bad right now. o_O
Lo siento senorita. I'll clean it up for you :oops: I couldn't help myself.

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
See I dont get the whole being afraid of draguers (However thats spelt) they are weak, mind you persistant, but they are weak nonetheless, I get scared more about random noises (traps going off) then I do about any undead moaning.

Neriad13

Premium Member
See I dont get the whole being afraid of draguers (However thats spelt) they are weak, mind you persistant, but they are weak nonetheless, I get scared more about random noises (traps going off) then I do about any undead moaning.

Have you ever tried the "Sounds of the Dungeons" mod, if you're a PC player? The sounds the creator came up with for draugr and in fact, everything else, are terrifying. You can almost always hear them moaning in the distance. I still jump every time it starts up.

Ironclad

Occasionally the drugr talk, that's a freaky moment I can tell ya.
Also another event that made me jump: while doing the frozen lighthouse side-quest (forget it's title) I raised Sudi from the dead because I thought she'd be useful for some odd reason. When the spell wore off she gasped for air & said in a creepy voice, "peace at last", before re-dying. Loosened my bowels that did. :eek:

IpmaN

Sabre cats, Bears, Gigantic Frostbite Spiders, Hagravens and the Abandoned House in Markath.

__skippingstone

I've jumped several times when my companion has finally caught up to me, usually when I'm fighting a dragon that I could have used help with...

Other than that probably Hagravens.

Pete

Maybe not ridiculous, but I've s#it bricks when:
  • Being a vampire and a fire dragon attacks - especially during the day
  • Being a thief, sneaking with enemies all around, and getting caught or turning the wrong way
  • Being a werewolf, and transforming in the middle of WhiteRun (playing a cursed PC)
  • Bears and Saber cats at low level
  • Followers :)