Best Follower for Stealth build is...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I havent been able to finish the Tonal Lock quest, mostly due to laziness. But it has been a blessing in disguise. Katria the ghost is following me around, she is indestructable, has good bow skills and it seems using a stealth conjur archer build I remain undetected with her at my side. She doesnt carry gear or follow directions so technically she isnt a follower, but she helps me a ton, i will probably not complete the quest just to keep her. Anyone else like using her?

Volanere

Grand Magister
I like using the wood elf from riverwood he's a good archer.

Adam Warlock

Derkeethus from Darkwater Crossing.

only argonian follower
essential so he can`t be killed !
good archer who will stay at range if he can
agile 1h warrior who dual-wields if you give him a pickaxe or forsworn sword for his off-hand rather than a shield

I took him into Hobb`s Fall Cave and snuck up to a Novice Necromancer who I stirred up with the Throw Voice shout. She literally had to walk around him at arm`s reach while looking for me without alerting to his presence. Better than that , he did not break out of sneak himself despite her close proximity until I stood up and let her see me.

his stats say his sneak skill level is 41 but if you ask me , his stealth is just as effective as Jenassa`s

Volanere

Grand Magister
Derkeethus from Darkwater Crossing.

only argonian follower
essential so he can`t be killed !
good archer who will stay at range if he can
agile 1h warrior who dual-wields if you give him a pickaxe or forsworn sword for his off-hand rather than a shield

I took him into Hobb`s Fall Cave and snuck up to a Novice Necromancer who I stirred up with the Throw Voice shout. She literally had to walk around him at arm`s reach while looking for me without alerting to his presence. Better than that , he did not break out of sneak himself despite her close proximity until I stood up and let her see me.

his stats say his sneak skill level is 41 but if you ask me , his stealth is just as effective as Jenassa`s
I'm going to have to check this guy out, I never really use followers but I've been in situations were I could've used this guy.

Adam Warlock

So I havent been able to finish the Tonal Lock quest, mostly due to laziness. But it has been a blessing in disguise. Katria the ghost is following me around, she is indestructable, has good bow skills and it seems using a stealth conjur archer build I remain undetected with her at my side. She doesnt carry gear or follow directions so technically she isnt a follower, but she helps me a ton, i will probably not complete the quest just to keep her. Anyone else like using her?
i couldn`t get Katria to go to any sites other than those in her quest line.
whenever I exited one of her dungeons prematurely she remained inside until I came back

Faendal is a good start. If you're clever, make do with him until level 30, then go in the Drunken Huntsman for Jenassa when she's at her most powerful. She's an assassin, the best dual wielder in the game, a damned fine archer, and will do anything you have the option of asking her besides sleep in an owned bed. (Worth it to hear her reply.) Best follower for anyone. Eola is better for Necromancers, that's about it. The DBHIs are not immortal, but amoral, and replaceable.

I also use tanks, if you know how. Order Lydia to move forward, and engage while you hang back in the shadows with a bow. Mikrul Gauldurson is cheesy easy with this startegy, as is Olaf 1I (you can just let the Bard do his thing, though.) Even works with Conjuration if you know where to drop Sir Stompy. (Dremora Lord.)

With Jenassa, Annekke, Faendal, and any other archer, you can tell them to "Wait Here" within LoS, sneak up for a backstab, and they will automatically start support fire. Very handy in a lot of situations where you have a target, but he isn't alone, and you're a fairly weak roguey type. Also good backup for failed Pickpocket attempts.

Moonwort

With Jenassa, Annekke, Faendal, and any other archer, you can tell them to "Wait Here" within LoS, sneak up for a backstab, and they will automatically start support fire. Very handy in a lot of situations where you have a target, but he isn't alone, and you're a fairly weak roguey type. Also good backup for failed Pickpocket attempts.

Luv this strategy.

That trick works on all followers, unfortunately. Mjoll is indestructable, but there's no way to drag her out of the swinging axe trap that doesn't have a shut-off switch, so I still lost her in Forelhost. (The best party for there is Her, and Esbern.)

That's a great money maker, giving your follower 1 daedric, or ebony arrow, then recovering them. Careful, they can be shot back at you, though.

That's a great money maker, giving your follower 1 daedric, or ebony arrow, then recovering them. Careful, they can be shot back at you, though.
This particular follower cant be given weapons or armor. She shoots them without getting them from me. So you pick them up from the bodies, adding to your inventory without spending or trading.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
That trick works on all followers, unfortunately. Mjoll is indestructable, but there's no way to drag her out of the swinging axe trap that doesn't have a shut-off switch, so I still lost her in Forelhost. (The best party for there is Her, and Esbern.)

Would a Unrelenting Force shout work?

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Derkeethus is the best follower for any build ever

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
images