Anyone else feel inclined to play a nord

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Frankie English

Dragonborn
Its not that ur in skyrim, partially because your dragonborn, but ot just feels like you should be a nord, anyone else agree

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Screw nords.

Chryss

i did play a nord then after that one i played a wood elf and joined the stormcloaks. I did that mainly to see if I could. I like the fact that the game responds to whatever race you pick and speaks to you appropriatly. Makes it more personal and less generic.

Lanconite

Tonight we dine in Hell.
My first race was a Nord, however I am more fond of my Imperial or my Breton. The Nords are too "NYEH STAB CHOP CHOP" for me. I am more of a mage or battlemage....

Tiger_Wolff

I'm at the point now in the game. What ever armor I want to wear, helps me decide what race I want to play. You basically can improve amost any armor to the cap. I guess when I'm rdy to play a toon wearing ancient nord armor, I play a nord again.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
I'm currently playing as a true Nord hero.
Defeated the Empire, joined the Companions, saved Harold, destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, etc.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Defeated the Empire, joined the Companions, saved Harold, destroyed the Dark Brotherhood, etc.

I have a similar game. It was quite fun when I infiltrated the Thalmor Embassy, rescued Thorald Gray-Mane from Northwatch Keep, took over Fort Hraggstad and Solitude all in that order without anything intervening, not even a trip back to Delphine in Riverwood to retrieve my surplus gear.

Nords don't do anything for me, so I don't feel like I should play one at all. I do feel like in real life the Dragonborn would probably be a Nord. But hey, I like my Redguard and no amount of "Watch yourself Redguard" racism will stop me! :D

Neriad13

Premium Member
I agree with the OP. There's so much history and mythology that connects the Nordic race to the storyline of the Main Quest. I feel that that was a story that was written as a love letter to Nords and that the best way to get into it is to play as a Nord. And honestly? I've never played anything but a Nord. Every so often I'll consider playing something else, but I always end up going right back. Theirs is a culture that I really connect with and it's their homeland that I'm adventuring in.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Bethesda's Dragonborn is a Nord named Bendu Olo, so I believe that the canon Dragonborn was a Nord.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I agree with the OP. There's so much history and mythology that connects the Nordic race to the storyline of the Main Quest. I feel that that was a story that was written as a love letter to Nords and that the best way to get into it is to play as a Nord. And honestly? I've never played anything but a Nord. Every so often I'll consider playing something else, but I always end up going right back. Theirs is a culture that I really connect with and it's their homeland that I'm adventuring in.
This is exactly how i feel too. Was pretty much gonna write the same thing, but u couldnt have put it any other way.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

I've never played a Nord... but perhaps now I will.

Docta Corvina

Never played a Nord, never will either. They don't interest me in the slightest - except the ones that do. I've played Imperials and Bretons so far, and will make a Redguard next. If I were somehow zapped into the game world, I'd be one of those three. Physically and in spirit. I do find the "beast" races intriguing though, I give them a shout-out!

I personally don't buy the notion that we're "supposed" to play any particular race or do any particular thing beyond saving the world. Actually, you don't even have to do that either - you can skip all the quests and just run around. It's an individual experience, entirely.

...I'll never play for the Stormcloak side either, for that matter lol. But that's a different thread! :D

Meh Nords never wowed me, I've been called a Lizard to much to like them

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

BFP53

I started a new game and im a nord named Joe...played as an imperial last time and fought for the stormcloaks..lol

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
at first it seemed boring to me, but i think i'll reconsider having my next character be a nord. my dad is norse/finnish so i kind of feel connected to the people in a way.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Defeated the Empire....
Driving the Imperials out of Skyrim isn't really a canon choice for a Nord Hero. There is plenty of support from Nords for the presence of the Empire in Skyrim. In point of fact all you did was choose a side in a civil war between Nords, and you pledged fealty to the man that started it all to usurp the High King's Throne. I doubt your fellow Nords that were killed and maimed by you and the Stormcloaks regarded you as a true Nord Hero. :p

I played a Nord on my first character and also on my reroll of the same. I sat out of the civil war the first time and will do so on the reroll as well. I prefer to negotiate peace between my fellow Nords rather than favor one over the other by putting an axe in one of their heads.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I used to be a Nord like you ... then I took an arrow in the gene.

It was nice for the frost resistance but I'm a Breton fan. Followed closely by Khajiit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts