Anyone else feel inclined to play a nord

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
On the contrary I really enjoy playing as an Imperial so I have a reason to kill all the Empire haters. coughVulwulfSnowShodcough.

Neriad13

Premium Member
On the contrary I really enjoy playing as an Imperial so I have a reason to kill all the Empire haters. coughVulwulfSnowShodcough.

But the Snow-Shods are in mourning and deeply affected by the death of a loved one! How could you? T.T

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
But the Snow-Shods are in mourning and deeply affected by the death of a loved one! How could you? T.T
I'd have more sympathy if he didn't call me an "Imperial bastard" every time I walk by.

bananban

I haven't really felt the need to be a Nord as of yet. Mainly because I haven't wanted to play a heavy-armor melee character just yet. Maybe this is because of how I started out playing as an Argonian, but I find the attitudes of the Nords towards other races a bit insulting and I'm not the type to RP a game at all.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I'd have more sympathy if he didn't call me an "Imperial bastard" every time I walk by.

It's actually pretty uncomfortable for me to walk by him too. He says "Aha! A fellow Nord! I trust you're taking the fight to the Empire?" And then I have to explain, "Eh...no, I'm a supporter of the Empire."

But having lost his daughter and been boiling in his own hatred ever after, I can understand where the poor guy's coming from.

Dubzy

I felt like it would be a Generic way to go but sometimes I want to. 2 different elves in and I am ready for a change....

i prefer nords to any class because they remind me of my heritage im welsh and part irish and the nords remind me of the celts with theyre war paint

DanielJS

I abuse my powers.
My first run through on any elder scrolls game is a Nord. Unarmed barbarian running half naked through the snow at a dragon is quite amusing every time I watch it.........I then load and put on my heavy armor and shield then unarmed bash the hell out of it.

Docta Corvina

Amen to that!

I'm glad to know I'm not alone, for a while there, I thought I was the only one who loved him! :D

Aww haha, he is quite the charming one! :p All he needs to do is shoot you a sideways glance in the Riften marketplace and it's like, "WHATEVER YOU NEED ME TO DO FOR YOU OR TO YOU, THE ANSWER IS YES DETAILS WHAT ARE THOSE MY PRECIOUSSS".

That's not even saying anything about his voice. Damn. They say Helen had a face that launched a thousand ships - Brynjolf has a voice to do the equivalent. ...Nah, ten times more! ;)

bananban

Aww haha, he is quite the charming one! :p All he needs to do is shoot you a sideways glance in the Riften marketplace and it's like, "WHATEVER YOU NEED ME TO DO FOR YOU OR TO YOU, THE ANSWER IS YES DETAILS WHAT ARE THOSE MY PRECIOUSSS".

That's not even saying anything about his voice. Damn. They say Helen had a face that launched a thousand ships - Brynjolf has a voice to do the equivalent. ...Nah, ten times more! ;)

I was quite pissed (and rightly so) when I found out I couldn't marry him at the end of the Thieves' Guild questline. :sadface:

Docta Corvina

I was quite pissed (and rightly so) when I found out I couldn't marry him at the end of the Thieves' Guild questline. :sadface:

Yeah, I really feel like Bethesda trolled us with that. I couldn't believe it. I actually couldn't believe that none of the Thieves Guild people were marriageable (without console commands), unless I'm overlooking someone. I assume you're on Xbox/PS3? Because there is actually a mod available that makes him marriageable and a follower. I've got the game for both Xbox and PC, and I couldn't contain my excitement when I downloaded/installed that mod. I must have squealed like a rabid fangirl for hours. :eek:

bananban

Yeah, I really feel like Bethesda trolled us with that. I couldn't believe it. I actually couldn't believe that none of the Thieves Guild people were marriageable (without console commands), unless I'm overlooking someone. I assume you're on Xbox/PS3? Because there is actually a mod available that makes him marriageable and a follower. I've got the game for both Xbox and PC, and I couldn't contain my excitement when I downloaded/installed that mod. I must have squealed like a rabid fangirl for hours. :eek:

Yeah, I'm on Xbox. I would go PC but I don't have a good enough computer to run it... I would download that mod right this second if I could. I wish I could AT LEAST use him as a companion beyond the one quest, even though I hate companions. Bethesda just hates Brynjolf (and us).

To me, he seems like one of the most natural characters you could marry. I mean, really, Ysolda, I gave you one mammoth tusk and you'll marry me for it? But Brynjolf, I ran around doing a million things for him, saved his Guild, became a Nightingale with him, and he gave me leadership over the Guild instead of taking it himself... all that and you STILL can't marry him? That doesn't make sense.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, I'm on Xbox. I would go PC but I don't have a good enough computer to run it... I would download that mod right this second if I could. I wish I could AT LEAST use him as a companion beyond the one quest, even though I hate companions. Bethesda just hates Brynjolf (and us).

To me, he seems like one of the most natural characters you could marry. I mean, really, Ysolda, I gave you one mammoth tusk and you'll marry me for it? But Brynjolf, I ran around doing a million things for him, saved his Guild, became a Nightingale with him, and he gave me leadership over the Guild instead of taking it himself... all that and you STILL can't marry him? That doesn't make sense.

Yeah, it's nuts to me. Seriously, you become Nightingales together. That sort of is a contract for a literal eternity together, only makes sense that you should be able to get married. o_O

I really think it was on purpose, haha. I've seen so many complaints from people about his lack of legit marriageability, I have to assume that Beth knew they were trollin' pretty hard. Ah well, maybe options for him will change in DLC. :) It is amazing though, having him as a companion and husband. The way I like to look at it, I went through the Guild questline, saved it and did right by him - so now, he's accompanying me, fighting at my side to help save the world and more. It's pretty cool.

Hehe, don't wanna venture too far off topic. xD Like I said in my initial post, the Nords in general don't interest me much at all. But some deviate a bit from what might be called the usual Nord mold. Brynjolf is one of those, most definitely. Onmund is another, which makes me interested in him as a character. But Brynjolf is pure class. <3

If I ever were to make a Nord character (highly doubtful), he'd be something like our beloved thief. :p

bananban

Hehe, don't wanna venture too far off topic. xD Like I said in my initial post, the Nords in general don't interest me much at all. But some deviate a bit from what might be called the usual Nord mold. Brynjolf is one of those, most definitely. Onmund is another, which makes me interested in him as a character. But Brynjolf is pure class. <3

If I ever were to make a Nord character (highly doubtful), he'd be something like our beloved thief. :p

I was worried about getting too far off topic, too... XD

Yeah, basically Brynjolf, Onmund, and Balgruuf (at least for me, he has a Dunmer housecarl!) are the only really tolerable Nords that you ever really interact with, other than the housecarls (but they're all pretty bland) and a couple of the Companions. I don't like the attitudes of all the others in that they despise magic, elves, and basically anything that isn't a Nord.

The frost resistance thing stumps me, too. It doesn't have much of an advantage anywhere I can see. I have an alternate character that's a Dunmer vampire, she gets frost resistance and varying fire resistances all in one.

my first, and current charater is a nord. Its Skyrim after all, and Skyrim is the nord homeland. Seemed only right to be a nord.

DanielJS

I abuse my powers.
my first, and current charater is a nord. Its Skyrim after all, and Skyrim is the nord homeland. Seemed only right to be a nord.
Ageed....my first character was a nord but I am going argonian now and im loving it. Going from up close and physical barbarian to a sneaky lizard is a nice change of pace