Anyone else fail "The Taste of Death" quest on purpose?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

I do think that killing the cannibals should have counted as succeeding at a quest.

**spoilers**

Like when you first meet Astrid, you can attack her instead of following her orders, and you then receive the quest "destroy the dark brotherhood!" they should have come up with a "destroy Namira's cult!" quest or something.

feliciano182

I am deffinitely werewolfing the living crap out of all those people on my next playthrough.

Moris

What happens to the priest if you slaughter all the cannibals? Does he get away or just keep laying on the altar, or what? I usually do the quest because I like to collect the daedric artifacts. Haven't tried yet on my current playthrough. Maybe I'll just see for myself. :)

I guess it depends. In my case, he woke up right after I turned werewolf and joined the others in attacking me. I didn't blame him; I'm used to the werewolf hate. So I just took pains to avoid killing him.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
Who does not like the taste of human flesh. Eat a person and you gain their power and souls. You know you want to... Just a liitle taste. It is so chewy and tasty... mmmmmm yummy yummy their tummy in my tummy... Ha ha ha ha.

Anwrise888

I think the once you get past the fat it is not as gross as you would think. There is also a reason humans are called the long pig.

Tilse

Spellsword
I don't intend on ever doing that quest....but if I ever manage to, then yeah, I'll probably purposely fail. Cannibalism is just too creepy for me.

Wildroses

My first playthrough I decided to help Eola clear her crypt of Dragr because I thought making sure she got out of Markarth's Hall of the Dead was a good idea, and I wasn't used to the idea that in Skyrim I could just kill people if I didn't like them. Afterwards when she started talking about a feast to welcome me into the coven, I basically said: "You want me to fetch that nice priest to eat? Sure thing Eola! You just wait here. See you later! I'll be right back... heh, heh. Sucker!" Before an unfortunate save deletion, Eola had been waiting patiently for that character to return for eight in-game months. She might be waiting a while. I really don't want to involve that nice priest.

Anwrise888

What wrong with being a cannibal in a video game...Its just so yummy:D

sticky runes

I got Namira's ring with my Khajiit thief/assassin character. A lion or leopard wouldn't be that bothered about eating a man, right? But I failed the quest with all my other characters.

PS - If you're grossed out by cannibalism, does that mean you never use the human flesh ingredient for alchemy?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Not cannibalism if you eat another species.

I'm not evil, being a Necromancer and all. Eating is normal and there is always a large supply of bodies, I mainly do it to people I can't raise because they are too powerful, so I eat them. I'll have their power it must be in their blood, if not then at least it is a snack for the road.

I'm not sure how Beast races line up between Races/Species. I mean, it's a fantasy game, after all. But no, I wouldn't call a Kajiit eating men, or Mer "Cannibalism."

FullmetalHeart20

Way I see it, nice priest goes to Arkay, I get the ring, and those cannibals get soul trapped and tossed into the Sea of Ghosts. Everybody wins! Except the cannibals.

feliciano182

Given the things you can do in this game, from killing dragons to casting storms of ice from your hands, it seems pretty mundane to just eat people.

My character would kill the entire cult.........and then realize the irony once he eats them as a werewolf.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I play as a Khajiit, no cannibilism ;).

Roirk

I couldn't bear to simply slay the innocent Verulus and be done with it. I had a plan. What I did was kill Verulus with a soul trap weapon to store his soul in a black soul gem. I stored one of my Amulets of Arkay on his body out of respect. I then enchanted a gold ring with an Arkay-esque healing rate enchantment using the soul gem containing Verulus' soul - it was named "Ring of Verulus". I then placed the enchanted ring near to the Shrine of Arkay in the Hall of the Dead in Markarth, where he may be a channel of Arkay's power into Tamriel forever. After making my own amends (because obviously there are many things in this game I hate having to do), I sought justice for his death by leading Eola to the Boethiah altar to sacrifice her. Now she will know the sting of treasonous sacrifice she made me inflict upon Verulus. No more innocent blood need be spilt on her behalf.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I've actually completed the quest on every playthrough, it's quite easy for a decent daedric artifact. Jokes aside if you were starving you would eat human, it is probably no different to a pig, in fact if someone cooked you up a bit of human you would probably never know unless they told you.
My characters are always fairly evil minded and do any quest for powerful artifacts no matter what it involves.
My favourite murder is nilsine shatter shield, I like to finish her off with a shiv to the heart then I visit the house a while later and use the ring of namira to eat her mother thats dead from suicide, now thats evil. haha don't worry i'm nice in real life.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts