Anyone else fail "The Taste of Death" quest on purpose?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SPLiFF

I did finish the quest but I felt disgusting that I didn't murder the entire group. I only did it because I wanted to complete every single quest which was available in Skyrim, so that I could say to myself: "I beat the game." This is not possible though since there always will be a few out there which will be unavailable.

But if I ever happen to get involved in that quest again, I will make sure to barricade the door, play along until they are about to kill the priest and then create a massacre which nobody will survive. I will use Soul Trap so their filthy souls get trapped and I will store these Gems somewhere in my house, so that they remain there forever. Justice has been brought the hard way.

Moral implications aside, I would more importantly like to know what it means for the rest of the game; what other quests that get affected by "failing" the quest - killing the people/storekeepers (?) of Markarth (around the table)? Business etc. More over, it's one thing dealing with aspects of cannibalism from a "racial" point but another against the necessity of killing the (innocent) priest. Killing Aeola makes the priest give me 1500 gold for his life which is more than the 500 she offers. The ring seems useless to me, being level 51 and a 100% archer (all perks) which basically kills everything I aim at (at some distance too, with the right mod). As with above, it's a shame making this choice a "fail" IMHO.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Yes, I slaughtered them all, the young priest was ever so grateful, then proceeded to be almost eaten by a dragon, which I then had to save him from.

Now, I kill the creepy woman in the Hall of the Dead before the quest can go any further.

Reactions: Atz

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I usually do that on my non-Companion characters. With a were-wolf, or even a vamp I just can't justify it. Who would I be to judge when I go around eating peoples hearts and sucking their blood anyhow. Besides, meat is meat!