Anyone else believe in elven supremacy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Argonians aren't of the races of man and mer. If you mean the rest of the races of Nirn, that would include not only the Argonians but the Khajiit, the Imga, the Sload, the Dov, the Ka Po' Tun, the Kamal, the Tang Mo, the Tsaesci and maybe others.

The races of Man and Mer aren't descended from the enemies of the Eight. The Ehlnofey are the survivors of Creation, the child of Nir and Anu. The Eight spawned from the combined blood of Anu and Padomay while the blood of Padomay alone spawned the Daedra (this can all be read in The Anuad Paraphrased, a copy of which is in the living area of High Hrothgar)

I meant races of Tamriel. By which I meant, the ones that appear in the game. So not the Imga and all that. Thanks for pointing that out.

And hm. I guess UESP was wrong, and maybe I skimmed a bit when I read the Monomyth.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Morrowind was conquered by Argonia, which seceded from the Empire. Elsweyr may have seceded from the Empire but it did so due to the machinations of the Thalmor who backed the coup that led to the regime change.

the coversation was meant to mean that the thalmor have not conquerd anywhere i know that the argonians did to morrowind though.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Do you have proof that your navy is powerful? Just because you have boats doesn't mean you automatically have the best navy in all of the continent. Cyrodiil has boats. Skyrim has boats.
I can't speak to the current state of affairs but historically Summerset Isle has had a strong navy and one that was superior to that of the Empire. The source is both editions of Pocket Guide to the Empire:
Pocket Guide to the Empire 1st Edition said:
On the occasions when the Elves probe the Empire's defenses, the Legions have sent them back in tatters. Indeed, the Colovians have taken to calling their enemy the "Old Mary" Dominion, for the womanly offensives of its Elven soldiers. The situation at sea, however, is another story, and the Dominion terrorizes the southern waters from the Cape of the Blue Divide to the Topal Bay.
Pocket Guide to the Empire 3rd Edition said:
The Maormer of Pyandonea (described more fully in a later section of this Guide) were even more relentless in their drive to conquer Summerset. The chronicler can scarcely find a year throughout the First and Second Eras when the Maormer did not ravage the coastlines of the Altmer. As terrible as it was, it did force the Altmer to build a great navy to defend itself, and to this day, it is on the seas that the High Elves excel in combat.
Pocket Guide to the Empire 3rd Edition said:
In the year 2E 486, a small Maormeri fleet was sighted off the coast of Alinor, and King Hidellith ordered his navy to give chase. The navy followed the ships through uncharted waters, into an ambush in Pyandonea itself. Most of the Alinori navy was destroyed, but a single warship returned to Summerset to describe the land as a "sea jungle." Massive plateaus spilling over with vegetation form mazes around valleys of ocean. Waving tendrils of kelp trap all but the Maormer's own ships, and provide a well-camouflaged home for the sea serpents that are Orgnum's guards and occasional mounts. Mist storms spill over the land, further disorienting one's views. That even one ship survived the visit is a testament to the maritime genius of the Altmer.
There's also a lore source that describes Altmer naval ships but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

Harc

Big Hog
You have absolutely no support from the lore for this. The fact of the matter is we have no idea how many soldiers the Aldmeri Dominion had after their invading armies in Cyrodiil were completely annihilated by the Imperial Legion at the Battle of The Red Ring. We do know that it didn't have enough soldiers left too sufficiently reinforce its army in Hammerfell to hold what had already been taken. Even at the time of ES V we still haven't the slightest clue whether the Aldmeri Dominion's armies are any better off than the Imperial Legion.
Not really. The Aldmeri Dominion had initially only planned to conquer the portion of Hammerfell that it had demanded before The Great War. The invasion in Cyrodiil was only meant to pin down the Legions there until it had secured Hammerfell. When the Aldmeri Dominion realized that the Empire was weaker than it had thought it was ad hoc strategy from that point onward to conquer the entire Empire. The Imperial Legion's strategy was well thought out from the sacking of the Imperial City to the Battle of the Red Ring as it's served as a model for Imperial strategists since that time.
Obviously there is minor lore support for the thalmor besides the Great War and some leaders. It angers me to a point where I believe I should make my own background for lord Naarfin and other Thalmor things. I don't need lore support because its obvious both sides lost a great amount of troops. It was idiotic for the empire to gather all troops to attack the invading altmer. As the legions left those own provinces, the dominion could have taken over the military inhabited provinces that left for cyrodiil.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I can't speak to the current state of affairs but historically Summerset Isle has had a strong navy and one that was superior to that of the Empire. The source is both editions of Pocket Guide to the Empire:

There's also a lore source that describes Altmer naval ships but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

You learn a new thing every day.

Dagmar

actually u are right. they stormed the imperial city which is not heavily guarded. and the thalmor claim a great battle and victory had taken place.
The Imperial City had several Legions garrisoned to it when the Aldmeri Dominion attacked it. It was a great victory for the Aldmeri Dominion.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Obviously there is minor lore support for the thalmor besides the Great War and some leaders. It angers me to a point where I believe I should make my own background for lord Naarfin and other Thalmor things. I don't need lore support because its obvious both sides lost a great amount of troops. It was idiotic for the empire to gather all troops to attack the invading altmer. As the legions left those own provinces, the dominion could have taken over the military inhabited provinces that left for cyrodiil.

Imagine some freaky-weird world where there are only two small land-masses surrounded by ocean. One is to the north-east of the other. These two landmasses are the republics of NE and SW, NE being the one to the north-east of SW. If all the troops in SW went to defend the north-east border against invading NE soldiers, how would the NE soldiers manage to attack the other cities in SW?

And don't say "By sailing northeast and eventually reaching southwestern SW," or I will personally murder you. It would take longer than the duration of the attack on northeastern SW to reach southwestern SW from northeastern NE.

Dagmar

Obviously there is minor lore support for the thalmor besides the Great War and some leaders.
If it's so obvious then cite it.
I don't need lore support because its obvious both sides lost a great amount of troops
You do need lore support because this is not what you claimed in your other post. You claimed:
The empire was in weaker shape than the thalmor in that period......The thalmor lost a lot of soldiers too, but not as much as the empire.
There is nothing obvious about that and you do need lore support for such a claim which you haven't been able to produce.
It was idiotic for the empire to gather all troops to attack the invading altmer. As the legions left those own provinces, the dominion could have taken over the military inhabited provinces that left for cyrodiil.
You don't seem to have a firm grasp of what was going on leading up to the Battle of the Red Ring. Other than its armies under Lady Arannelya in Hammerfell, the entire invading armies of the Aldmeri Dominion were in Cyrodiil for the taking of the Imperial City. Skyrim and Morrowind were in no danger of invasion by new forces as there was no way to make landfall with any additional armies (which never materialized anyway) and the Argonians were perfectly capable of fending for themselves as they always have been. The loss of High Rock, which also never happened, would have been immaterial if the Imperial Legion couldn't regain control of Cyrodiil. There was nothing idiotic about the strategy notwithstanding that you don't seem to understand that premise.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
The Imperial City had several Legions garrisoned to it when the Aldmeri Dominion attacked it. It was a great victory for the Aldmeri Dominion.[/quote

well several was not enouth for them then obviously they where outnumbered and a little suprised. i wouldnt say great not great like some thalmor supporters make it out to be. they attacked an empire in ruin a very weakend empire.

Harc

Big Hog
Imagine some freaky-weird world where there are only two small land-masses surrounded by ocean. One is to the north-east of the other. These two landmasses are the republics of NE and SW, NE being the one to the north-east of SW. If all the troops in SW went to defend the north-east border against invading NE soldiers, how would the NE soldiers manage to attack the other cities in SW?

And don't say "By sailing northeast and eventually reaching southwestern SW," or I will personally murder you. It would take longer than the duration of the attack on northeastern SW to reach southwestern SW from northeastern NE.
That doesn't matter we would have troops defending Alinor

bug7897

I hate the Thalmor with a passion. They believe they have the right to everything in Skyrim when it is clearly Nord land. And if they cannot have it, they will torture and enslave to reach what is apparently theirs, which it isn't. Not to mention their holier-than-thou personalities. God I hate Thalmor. Like many above me I slaughter every one I see with glee. Especially the captors of Baldor Iron-Shaper. I'm not even a Nord either!

Harc

Big Hog
I hate the Thalmor with a passion. They believe they have the right to everything in Skyrim when it is clearly Nord land. And if they cannot have it, they will torture and enslave to reach what is apparently theirs, which it isn't. Not to mention their holier-than-thou personalities. God I hate Thalmor. Like many above me I slaughter every one I see with glee. Especially the captors of Baldor Iron-Shaper. I'm not even a Nord either!
Stop complaining and except the truth. The dominion is superior ad deserve what we fought for.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts