Anyone else believe in elven supremacy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Juracan

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Haha, 600 posts in 16 days. Not a sensitive topic at all.

As for the fictional race bashing, lmfao. There's not enough strife in the world, so we create some more. I'm going to watch this discussion w plenty of bemusement.

btw, any claims to "superiority" can never end well.

Orcs rule

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Haha, 600 posts in 16 days. Not a sensitive topic at all.

As for the fictional race bashing, lmfao. There's not enough strife in the world, so we create some more. I'm going to watch this discussion w plenty of bemusement.

btw, any claims to "superiority" can never end well.

Orcs rule

People who are aware of the lore and have opinions like to share them in heated debates, it's more than just arguing about a fictional race.

Cadaver

In my opinion elves are more superior and are more important than other races they are skilled in many different things like magic which many claim are for the week but they just use that as a crutch to support their otherwise meaningless existence as well as the ultimate display of power that the Thalmor show they have present a better world a world without Talos. Without people who believe they must set abomination’s (statues) witch show no respect for other’s and they do this because they are feeble and are made easy targets for their minds to be poisoned by scum like ulfric who uses talos to rally the weak minded simpletons to a hopeless course and will lead them to their brutal humiliating death at their hands of the Thalmor and others who actually have a mind of their own.

Isilmo Dulomedhel

Grandmaster of the Dulomedhel
I say we Greater Races ( All Mer, excluding Orsimer, Dunmer and the vile Falmer (Not the surviving Ancient ones) and our fellow Khajiit and Hist-Blooded brethren join Forces against the Lesser human races of Imperials, Nords, Redguards, Bretons and all other Impurities that Plague Tamriel.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Sure. Why not. If you got the manpower to kill me, then I'm all for your being supreme. Just as long as I get paid. Do me a favor though and pin back those ears? You gotta do something to stop the giggling when y'all walk past. At least put on a hat to cover up those freeky things...

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I don't see anything Superior about them.. they die like anyone else when I put a bolt between there eyes.I'll take Bretons anyday.

Daelon DuLac

I don't see anything Superior about them.. they die like anyone else when I put a bolt between there eyes.I'll take Bretons anyday.
I always have trouble playing a Breton. They seem so much better at magic than physical fighting and I am no good at magic. Besides, it's tough to roleplay smarmy and I get on my other 1/2's nerves as I go about talking like my character (sorry, my only rolemodel is Belethor - every time he tells me to let him know if I see anything I like, I always want to reply: "Yeah! Your a**!). At least my redguard has a rasta accent and I can get some laughs. Elves are superior because they believe they're superior. We may not agree, but, honestly, since they don't care about our opinions anyhow, they are obviously superior in their own eyes.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Magic isn't all about offence. I usually play as a nightblade assassin or thief using conj and/or illusion.

Mookie

Low reproduction, long life. Nothing superior about that.

Daelon DuLac

Given their lifespan I can only thank the Divines that they have a low reproduction rate - otherwise they'd be underfoot everywhere! There'd be no room for anybody else! Hey! If they really want to take over we should introduce them to fertility drugs and then they'd be so numerous that none of us could stand in their way! Hail Dominion!

Mookie

Given their lifespan I can only thank the Divines that they have a low reproduction rate - otherwise they'd be underfoot everywhere! There'd be no room for anybody else! Hey! If they really want to take over we should introduce them to fertility drugs and then they'd be so numerous that none of us could stand in their way! Hail Dominion!

Low fertility = low adaptability = slower ingenuity

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Mer don't have low fertility. Altmer's in the Aldmeri Dominion cull any infants that don't match up their physical requirements by killing them.
Pocket Guide to the Empire - 1st Edition said:
High elves consider themselves to be the only perfect race. Over hundreds of generations they have bred themselves into a racially pure line, and are now almost identical to one another in appearance. The theory that the High Elves do not reproduce as quickly or as often as humans is false. Rather, and to my horror, they kill nine out of ten babies born to them in their obsession for purity.

Mookie

Mer don't have low fertility. Altmer's in the Aldmeri Dominion cull any infants that don't match up their physical requirements by killing them.
High elves consider themselves to be the only perfect race. Over hundreds of generations they have bred themselves into a racially pure line, and are now almost identical to one another in appearance. The theory that the High Elves do not reproduce as quickly or as often as humans is false. Rather, and to my horror, they kill nine out of ten babies born to them in their obsession for purity.

Life span always = fertility.
Longer living animals have lower fertility. Shorter living have large fertility.
When someone lives for 4000 years or more, one can only expect about 7 kids in that lifespan.

Daelon DuLac

Yikes! Of course that would certainly lead to a master race sort of thing. I was kind of wondering why they all looked alike. I just thought there was a lot of incest going on. I think I play an Altmer next time. That way I can be an a**hole and everybody will just expect me to. :)

Daelon DuLac

As if I needed a reason to hate them even more..o_O. that's messed up
I luv that, if you just stand there when they come by and don't "move-along" as they tell you to, after about 30 seconds they get fed up and attack you, giving you an excuse to kill them all, strip 'em and then sell their stuff.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
It will depend of what kind of superiority. And so far the Thalmor's only 'superiority' is their ability to brainwash their own people (and punish) in an even better manner than Ulfric does, all of this while imbued with a REFUSAL to accept that anything else could possibly rivalize in any possible way when when about to get killed.

Magic you say? Put enough effort and even a vampiric argonian will manage to evolve his magical talent to heights comparable to the Bretons and High Elves. And at least... the Bretons might tolerate my existence.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Life span always = fertility.
Longer living animals have lower fertility. Shorter living have large fertility.
When someone lives for 4000 years or more, one can only expect about 7 kids in that lifespan.
Putting aside that your gross overgeneralization is simply incorrect (reproduction rates are affected by a multitude of factors other than lifespan including gestation period, method of reproduction, mortality rate and environment), Mundus is a different reality and not bound by such concepts even if they were correct. I've already provided lore that clearly refutes your claim. Mer don't reproduce at an appreciably lower rate than humans.