Am I the only one that is immensely creeped out by Dwarven ruins?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I get irritated in the ruins. I don't care much the the maze setting. But I can see why people like them, I just don't go unless I have to.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I recommend the Sightless Pit ruin. It's a uniquely constructed ruin with sideways and diagonal passageways that'll test your sense of up and down. Honestly it is one of my favorite dwemer ruins and its a relatively short delve.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I might find them more creepy if I was a defenseless survival horror character holding nothing but a lantern.

That said, I like to explore Dwemer ruins at low levels to increase the risk factor. Being weaker than the centurions and falmer does add a level of creepy depth.

Does anyone else enjoy that blue aura that sets in when you're in the Falmer Zone?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I might find them more creepy if I was a defenseless survival horror character holding nothing but a lantern.

That said, I like to explore Dwemer ruins at low levels to increase the risk factor. Being weaker than the centurions and falmer does add a level of creepy depth.

Does anyone else enjoy that blue aura that sets in when you're in the Falmer Zone?

Yeah, I like that glow effect.
In dragonborn they use it around stalhrim and it goes really well.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Dwarven ruins just bore me i prefer the old nordic ruins anyday.

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
I don't like dwermer ruins of the simple fact that i can't get cleard on most of them. I mean even if i clear them i don't get cleard on the map. + they are so big so might be some small/big w/e robots that i pass by that might being in sleep mode....

With that said dwermer ruins are very annoying, but the good thing is that they have better loot if i compare to nordic ruins.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I don't like dwermer ruins of the simple fact that i can't get cleard on most of them. I mean even if i clear them i don't get cleard on the map. + they are so big so might be some small/big w/e robots that i pass by that might being in sleep mode....

With that said dwermer ruins are very annoying, but the good thing is that they have better loot if i compare to nordic ruins.

Don't you just love all that dwarven metal? So many smithing levels!

sticky runes

I'm not a big fan of dwarvern ruins. Mechanical monsters are just not as much fun to kill as organic enemies, and it gets depressing walking from one hall to the next, then you have to deal with all the falmer.

I prefer it when I meet Falmer and Chaurus inside natural caves and overworld dungeons, it's a lot less predictable that way. I particularly love the Frostflow Lighthouse - That was a creepy setting with a strong element of survival horror.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I wish i had, i have so many potions that i can't loot that much, i mostly have 50 weight left for every dungeon... 2 - 3 weapons and i'm full. So i usually fill my companion with the heavy weight.

Well.. You could get a cheap house like Breezehome, store all your useless potions (Unless you need all of them), and temporarily activate the steed stone for a +100 carrying capacity, plus weightless armor.

A lot of dwarven ruins are packed to the brim with dwarven metal, so if you do run out of room, it's okay to make back and forth trips.

I think the dwarven ruin in Understone Keep has enough metal for around 300 ingots.

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
Well.. You could get a cheap house like Breezehome, store all your useless potions (Unless you need all of them), and temporarily activate the steed stone for a +100 carrying capacity, plus weightless armor.

A lot of dwarven ruins are packed to the brim with dwarven metal, so if you do run out of room, it's okay to make back and forth trips.

I think the dwarven ruin in Understone Keep has enough metal for around 300 ingots.

Ok i'm of to that ruin now, and i have already a house but i don't wanna google the steed stone. I like to explore everything alone even though i might know where i can find it. :rolleyes:

Agent007

Moody Dovahkiin
No... you are not.

When I first got Skyrim, and I mean just put the game in my 360, I started exploring. As I was walking, I came across a ruin. Knowing a tad bit about ruins in Skyrim, I thought it was a Nordic ruin.

How wrong was I?!

When I first walk in, I notice how... gold... everything is. I would think a Nordic ruin would be gray, brown... black.. Earthy colors. Nah..

So, there I was, level one Nord female with the name Prisoner, I barely managed to fight off the bandits wielding two-handed, one-hand/shields, and pure magic. I kept walking. Before long, I was engaged in yet another fight with bandits. But then... this.. gold.. thing.. came up behind the bandit and started attacking me! Flipping ONE-HIT kill!

Needless to say, I hate dwarven ruins, and Dwarven Spears...

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Yeah, the first one I went in describes all my feelings. It was first cool with all the slightly steampunk architecture. Then it got creepy, with the moving gears, steam and no people. Then with the Falmer and the freaking robots and the huge amounts of room to cover, it quickly become frustrating. So yeah, I both admire, and creeped out by, and hate those ruins.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I agree they are CREEPY but oh my gawd the soul gems you can find there!

And if you wanna make some dwarven armor, that dwemer junk makes nice ingots, assuming that's not the result of one of my 50+ mods, lol.

Harc

Big Hog
I find dwarven ruins to big. The architecture is unique but boring. And the enimies are way to hard sometimes. Dwarven ruins are stupid

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I agree they are CREEPY but oh my gawd the soul gems you can find there!

And if you wanna make some dwarven armor, that dwemer junk makes nice ingots, assuming that's not the result of one of my 50+ mods, lol.

The tons and tons of scrap metal being meltable into ingots is completely vanilla, I do this on xbox.

Clau

The Fateless One
Bthardamz is the Dwemer ruin that I find the most creepy. Never mind that there are no Falmer there, but denizens known as the Afflicted adds so much discomfort with the place.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Bthardamz is the Dwemer ruin that I find the most creepy. Never mind that there are no Falmer there, but denizens known as the Afflicted adds so much discomfort with the place.

An afflicted attended my wedding and started throwing up on everyone.. To say he was a wedding crasher would be a gross understatement.