Am I the only one that is immensely creeped out by Dwarven ruins?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bug7897

The Nordic ruins kind of creep me out too, but the whole idea of the ruins of a lost civilization (not to mention said civilization just disappearing) with the creations of the civilization operating inside dutifully serving their dead creators is downright creepy. Not to mention the creepy noises played when you discover one and the sounds of the gears, still running hundreds of years after they were abandoned. -shiver-

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
I enjoy Dwemer ruins, they are among my favorite sites to explore, but that's just my taste. Others do not like them due to their size

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
I'd like them if not for the falmer.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I'm not creeped out by them. I'm immensely annoyed by them.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
If I could set up a house inside one I would...Nordic ruins bother me much more...draugr, dragonpriests. Not that they are scary, just that the undead are alot less interesting than Falmer, or still-operating-ancient-machanical guardians. And if I had to sum up in one word why I prefer Dwemer ruins over Nordic ruins it is this.....BLACKREACH!!!!!!!!!

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
If I could set up a house inside one I would...Nordic ruins bother me much more...draugr, dragonpriests. Not that they are scary, just that the undead are alot less interesting than Falmer, or still-operating-ancient-machanical guardians. And if I had to sum up in one word why I prefer Dwemer ruins over Nordic ruins it is this.....BLACKREACH!!!!!!!!!

Blackreach is amazing. A truly remarkable location that deserves a good expedition from every player

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Blackreach is amazing. A truly remarkable location that deserves a good expedition from every player
On my very first Dragonborn character, he happened to be a mage and I think I spent the better part of 10 hours in Blackreach

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I have yet to fully delve into all of the different areas in Blackreach, this is my plan next time I play =P

dwarven ruins aint scary i know they aint no arguin about it. dwarves are little people ya ever seen gimley from lord and the rings he aint scary just a little dwarf. they just built some machines cuz they needed some gadgets these gadgets is leftover for the rest of us to kefaddle over they aint scary unless yer got a scared look on life which ye shouldnt. tho when i was playin with me little relative he was scared to play thru the game so itold im if he aint gonna play through hell be scared is hole life and ya know what he did he played throu and was never scarred again not 1nce.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
dwarven ruins aint scary i know they aint no arguin about it. dwarves are little people ya ever seen gimley from lord and the rings he aint scary just a little dwarf. they just built some machines cuz they needed some gadgets these gadgets is leftover for the rest of us to kefaddle over they aint scary unless yer got a scared look on life which ye shouldnt. tho when i was playin with me little relative he was scared to play thru the game so itold im if he aint gonna play through hell be scared is hole life and ya know what he did he played throu and was never scarred again not 1nce.

...no. Near everything in TES is much creepier than other fantasy. The dwemer, in particular, were not to be messed with. They were master mages and architects who built vast armies of machinations that have outlived themselves. Their ruins are now largely inhabited by falmer, an evil subterranean race of albino imps that want to destroy the surface dwellers. As if that weren't enough they have chaurus, very creepy.

Karen

boop.
It is; I find it both creepy and fascinating - I've always loved the all the Dwemer/Falmer lore.

Lore aside, though, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one here that finds them incredibly annoying. After a while, I get extremely fed up with all the twists, turns and just the size of the place. It takes me forever to navigate and get out/find what I'm looking for, and after a while, everything in it looks the same and I keep running around in circles. I'm always so relieved to get out of a Dwemer ruin.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Exploring the large Dwemer ruins have the Pros and Cons. Pros being that the is sweet loot to be found and there is also a bit of history there to immense yourself in. Cons being that trying to fight 5 Dwemer centurions alongside 10 to 12 Falmer at 8 FPS makes for some quick battles.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Exploring the large Dwemer ruins have the Pros and Cons. Pros being that the is sweet loot to be found and there is also a bit of history there to immense yourself in. Cons being that trying to fight 5 Dwemer centurions alongside 10 to 12 Falmer at 8 FPS makes for some quick battles.

Where have you fought such impossible odds? I've delved into every dwemer ruin in Skyrim and its DLC and never fought more that two centurions at the same time.

ThriceHeart

Where have you fought such impossible odds? I've delved into every dwemer ruin in Skyrim and its DLC and never fought more that two centurions at the same time.

It was in Blackreach, even now I still fear to tread there without having a suitable light source

Haru17

Lost Falmer
It was in Blackreach, even now I still fear to tread there without having a suitable light source

I get the falmer, but five centurions? I've only ever seen the one that is "docked" so to speak on the side of a pathway.

ThriceHeart

I get the falmer, but five centurions? I've only ever seen the one that is "docked" so to speak on the side of a pathway.
Being that I was a Level 60 at the time that might have effected it otherwise it could have had something to do with that Warzone mod.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Being that I was a Level 60 at the time that might have effected it otherwise it could have had something to do with that Warzone mod.

That's what I would expect. I play stock Skyrim on xbox.

ThriceHeart

That's what I would expect. I play stock Skyrim on xbox.

I had the choice of either stable frame rates or the ability to mod, That choice may have come back to bite me now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts