Addressing the Oghma Infinitum glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Preferred Archetype?

• Total voters
to each there own, if someone wants to use a glitch to grind then go for it, but at the end of the day it's bethedas game and if they don't want it to remain in the game than it's their choice to fix it.

also, if they wanted you to be able to gain many skill levels effortlessly they would have put in an official feature that allowed it.

You might already know this, but you can level up destruction when you fight Vilkas. As long as you keep shooting destruction, the quest will never end. It only ends when you strike him with melee. But you are probably past that point LOL.

Krilot Sivaas Do Zoor

Khajiit Brawler
Something I find amazing;
Khajiit "Claws" Racial Ability + Fortify Unarmed Damage/Fortify Stamina Regen + Lv100 Enchanting/Smithing + Legendary Daedric Gauntlets.
Who needs a sword when you can put the smack-down on 'em with your fists!

here's what I did (no judging!).

I leveled my first character to 81 legitimately (well, I did have to do a bit of grinding, but for the most part I could afford training), and did almost all the main quest-lines (pretty much everything but DB because it glitched and companions because It didn't come up).

then I re-created my character from the beginning, almost exactly the same but with a couple different visual features and then played the MQ until I got the oghma, my RP was that when my character read it he was seeing glimpses of his future and learning from them, but he always had to put the book away straight after lest it burn his mind or some such non-sense.

I liked being able to start again and get to 81 without all the hassle because I really wanted to do things right this time but didn't want to have to level all over again, what I found by doing this was that I actually got to play the game MORE, instead of being at max level with nothing to do and not wanting to start again for fear of having to level again I got to play the whole game again with all my perks and the foresight to do things the way I wanted, I didn't feel bored because it really allowed me to get into the RP more without worrying as much about the game mechanics or anything.

* in case you were wondering, the first thing I did after using the oghma glitch was to do the companions with the RP perspective of I was fighting with them to hone my skills for fighting alduin, and now that I have completed the companions quest-line I am finally at the peak of my combat effectiveness and will go on to put my skills to use, first by hunting other humans and then by reverse spreading peoples wealth.

Jeff the DragonBorn

I had the book in my inventory for a week or two before I even realized it.I used the glitch and the BAD side is that it totally levels up the character not just the skills. So I saved my game and tried it and my Orc went from level 50 ( the natural way) to level 70+. It took much fun out of it as now I was super storng and at a higher level.

I felt like I cheated.

And only cheated myself...

andrea

Something I find amazing;
Khajiit "Claws" Racial Ability + Fortify Unarmed Damage/Fortify Stamina Regen + Lv100 Enchanting/Smithing + Legendary Daedric Gauntlets.
Who needs a sword when you can put the smack-down on 'em with your fists!

true, unfortunately it kinda sux at master level, too bad, I love playing on master

christof21

I don't actually think I've got this far yet. I've only just completed the Jurgen Windblower quest, getting his horn ;)

I've been grinding getting my smithing up to 100, speech is currently at about 51, and I've just started trying to up my alchemy a bit. Doing these things before going out doing the quests is a grind, but I think it's a different way of playing the game.

christof21

Forgot to add that my character is only a level 29, and my useless companion got killed while I was in the caves finding the tomb of Jurgen Windblower. But I did pick her up, so to speak, very early on in my game. She was getting annoying as well. I think it was only a matter of time before I stabbed her to be fair lol

XbSuper

Forgot to add that my character is only a level 29, and my useless companion got killed while I was in the caves finding the tomb of Jurgen Windblower. But I did pick her up, so to speak, very early on in my game. She was getting annoying as well. I think it was only a matter of time before I stabbed her to be fair lol

Lol Jurgen WindCALLER, sorry I had to correct you

christof21

After about 2 and half hours of wandering around the bloody Alftland ruins last night, which I thought were never gonna end, and on more than one occasion I thought I'd just doubled back on myself, then running the gauntlet of Blackreach, I finally managed to get the Elder Scroll. Then another hour dicking about fetching blood for that twonk in the cave, I got THE BOOK.

Anyone who says using these glitches is easy, is totally wrong! lol

XJaeX

Ghost
If it is patched, you will need to start a new character for patches to take full effect, old characters will still be able to do it. My take on the glitch itself is, it is useful for leveling up skills you do not use, for example if you are a warrior and you use it to level up your mage skills or thief skills, it will give you the levels you will not get otherwise, making it easier to become a level 81 rather than sitting around 50. I dont use it but i can see the purpose for it, some people want to be 81 and that is their choice, its a single player game and only affects the player.

christof21

If it is patched, you will need to start a new character for patches to take full effect, old characters will still be able to do it. My take on the glitch itself is, it is useful for leveling up skills you do not use, for example if you are a warrior and you use it to level up your mage skills or thief skills, it will give you the levels you will not get otherwise, making it easier to become a level 81 rather than sitting around 50. I dont use it but i can see the purpose for it, some people want to be 81 and that is their choice, its a single player game and only affects the player.

I totally agree with you. This is a single player game, and how people choose to play it bears no relevance on other peoples enjoyment. I feel these glitches are a legitimate alternative way of playing the game, and should stay.

If this were an online game ala Call Of Duty or Battlefield, then it would be a totally different debate. I for one, love the glitches, and the different options it opens up. :)

XJaeX

Ghost
For online game you would get the BANHAMMER, which will obviously ban you, but for single player games its really about what the player wants to do, no one forces them to do it, no one is stopping them either. I use glitches all the time, for example, on my sneak character, i have aela, cicero, and both dark brotherhood initiates as my followers, all in nightingale armor, that multiple glitches right there, it doesnt hurt anyone, other than my enemies who cant find us until its too late, ps, its super badass looking. Most people are against glitches, but go ahead and boost skills, or farm items like daedra hearts, those are exploits and almost considered glitches, oh but its intended, no, the game intends you to earn your skills. If people want to use the smithing,enchanting,alchemy loop, or the smithing boosting with the iron daggers, be my guest, but dont whine when you get dominated in battle because you leveled up doing this, and never leveled your combat skills. I would rather have a level 50 heavy armor than 100 in smithing wearing daedric armor. Most people cheat, or glitch, or boost, or farm, or exploit, whatever you want to call it, then they find themselves barely better of then before, this is why, if your warrior is not being a warrior, instead hes being a smithing, enchanting, alchemist, merchant, he is going to get creamed when it comes to being a warrior. Sorry i went on for so long, but i could literally talk about nothing for a very long time, let alone when i have a point...

christof21

For online game you would get the BANHAMMER, which will obviously ban you, but for single player games its really about what the player wants to do, no one forces them to do it, no one is stopping them either. I use glitches all the time, for example, on my sneak character, i have aela, cicero, and both dark brotherhood initiates as my followers, all in nightingale armor, that multiple glitches right there, it doesnt hurt anyone, other than my enemies who cant find us until its too late, ps, its super badass looking. Most people are against glitches, but go ahead and boost skills, or farm items like daedra hearts, those are exploits and almost considered glitches, oh but its intended, no, the game intends you to earn your skills. If people want to use the smithing,enchanting,alchemy loop, or the smithing boosting with the iron daggers, be my guest, but dont whine when you get dominated in battle because you leveled up doing this, and never leveled your combat skills. I would rather have a level 50 heavy armor than 100 in smithing wearing daedric armor. Most people cheat, or glitch, or boost, or farm, or exploit, whatever you want to call it, then they find themselves barely better of then before, this is why, if your warrior is not being a warrior, instead hes being a smithing, enchanting, alchemist, merchant, he is going to get creamed when it comes to being a warrior. Sorry i went on for so long, but i could literally talk about nothing for a very long time, let alone when i have a point...

Couldn't agree with you more. To be honest as well, some of these glitches in the system, like the Oghma one , or the smithing, enchanting, alchemy loop, take some figuring out. I wouldn't have known you could do that let alone how to do them with out YouTube and Google.

XJaeX

Ghost
Couldn't agree with you more. To be honest as well, some of these glitches in the system, like the Oghma one , or the smithing, enchanting, alchemy loop, take some figuring out. I wouldn't have known you could do that let alone how to do them with out YouTube and Google.

Well the loop isnt a glitch, its intented, to repeat it over and over is the glitch part. You are right though, thank youtube and google right, without them i would still be stuck in a cave somewhere trying to figure out how the fu** to open that door.. haha you know how it is. It doesnt bother me if people use cheats or glitches, like i said, its single player, to each his own, or her, but if you really want to be a god, why not just get a god save from online.. you can still earn achievements and you have things you could never get, like the skeleton key you dont have to give back ( you give back the original and get to keep yours ) you have around 50000 health,magicka,stamina, 1000 on all skills, you have all items, you can be level 1, or 3000. If you are going to break the game for yourselves, why not do it properly? Ive tested some of these god saves, being god is not as much fun as you would imagine...

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Does
Most people say it ruins the game.
What's your take?

(Title Edit; Oghma Infinium*)

Does and doesn't i say. Its best to be abused if fully completed the game so you can just race to being another powerful character. Also for beginners i suppose to get a idea how to build if they want the real experience but no mistakes

christof21

Does

Does and doesn't i say. Its best to be abused if fully completed the game so you can just race to being another powerful character. Also for beginners i suppose to get a idea how to build if they want the real experience but no mistakes

I think it's depends on the individual because like has been mentioned above, it's a single player game. So it if it ruins the game for you. Don't use it. Simples. What ruins the game for one person, adds enjoyment for another.

I can agree with the theory of using glitches etc to get an idea of how you would like to build a "legit" character. But ultimately, it's a single player game, so to each their own.

XJaeX

Ghost
Does

how do i get my gamercard for my signature?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts