Addressing the Oghma Infinitum glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Preferred Archetype?

• Total voters

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Most people say it ruins the game.
What's your take?

(Title Edit; Oghma Infinium*)

Just another grinding glitch... no biggy. Just choose to use it as the game intended and move on with your life. Other than smithing a few daggers to jump up to the next heavy armour perk, i dont really grind for levels. Just play it naturally. Im still finding it pretty easy going and im not OP.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
In my opinion, all it does is give you a leg up. If it gets too easy, turn the difficulty up. That simple.

So you could either not do it, and leave the difficulty level as is,or do it get OP and then turn the difficulty up to compensate... Isnt that basically doing the same thing but two different ways? but in one way your expoliting a cheat, the other your playing the game normally?

Krilot Sivaas Do Zoor

Khajiit Brawler
Not a cheat so much as an exploit. I'm not some noob who went running to the Oghma as soon as i heard about it. I've played through the game multiple times, taking different routes each time. I just decided it was time to test it out myself. And I enjoy the power.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Not a cheat so much as an exploit. I'm not some noob who went running to the Oghma as soon as i heard about it. I've played through the game multiple times, taking different routes each time. I just decided it was time to test it out myself. And I enjoy the power.
Wasn't this glitch already fixed by one of the previous patches? Or was it never fixed in the first place?

I like it because it creates a good branching off point for all the different builds. You don't have to be so committed because you know you can use the Oghma Infinitum glitch. I wouldn't mind a respec function anyway.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
They released a patch but some comments on Youtube are saying that it still works for them; you just have to reload and keep trying.
I've never tried it to be totally honest. I figured that if I could level up at least to level 40 without the use of the Oghma Infinium, then there wouldn't be much of a point in it. However, I am considering using this for research purposes. I figured it's time for me to design a build based on the characters I enjoyed playing as the most.

andrea

well, I don't use it, but I don't care if someone does, it's their game and it's single player, so anyone can do what they want.
I think it ruins the game because you get too powerful too early, and there's no reson to do that, because you'll get too powerful anyway by playing legit

BSE

I used the book the instant I got it, and it disappeared, the way the game intended it to be used. However, if someone wants to use the bookshelf glitch, then go ahead. Youre not ruining my game.

Kuurus

I used the book the instant I got it, and it disappeared, the way the game intended it to be used. However, if someone wants to use the bookshelf glitch, then go ahead. Youre not ruining my game.
Exactly. It's a single player game. Do what you want since it doesn't affect anyone else. Personally, I choose not to exploit something that obviously wasn't intended. I used it as a one time item the way it was designed and intended.

Krilot Sivaas Do Zoor

Khajiit Brawler
Christ, you're all making it sound like I've shot myself in the foot just by using it. If I get bored, I'll create a new character and pass on the glitching. I really wasn't expecting so much hatred. More curiosity than anything. You talk about 'adventure' yet you won't scribble outside the lines just to see whats its like. But hey, maybe I'm just pathetic to you all because i have yet to fight a dragon unarmed on master with no armor. Whatever. Take it from someone who's actually used it and not gone off what someone else thinks; it does not ruin the game. If anything, it puts it to the test. Having 80 skill points to your disposal opens a lot of doors and frees up a lot of time. It doesn't really get any easier even with the glitch. Monsters are still over powered and are always in need of a good slaying. For instance; say you're an Archer, we all know Archers aren't the most powerful class, and actually take a notable amount of skill to use. You wonder what it would be like to one-shot a giant in the back of the head, or shoot a dragon right out of the sky while sneaking. In fact, some dream of that kind of power. Perhaps I have power issues, perhaps not. I played the game to its fullest without any glitches, and as it did satisfy me, being an omnipotent battlemage satisfied me a bit more. All I'm saying is not to hate something you haven't experienced yourself.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
wow, the mage is popular. No wonder nords call them pussies. ;)