• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Navare

Savage Spirit
    Woohoo, thanks! :D I didn't mean to post in white, but sure, let's just say I intended on taking white anyway :)

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Menro Bowman

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Sorry Vak, I was at school all day. Apologies for the delayed posts.

Dialogue color is the color used in his CC.

As for your concerns, I completely understand. Like I said, the character card is old, and the pictures of the rifle are merely concept art as to what it may look like, the point being that it isn't a normal musket or flintlock rifle, but rather this sort of abomination of mismatched metal parts that works fairly well. The goggles can be adjusted as well if the magnification option is out of the question with this era's technology (though magnification isn't all too high-tech, as it only requires different types/shapes/contours of the lenses, in its most basic form). As for the airship, I hadn't intended for it to come into play often to begin with. The option is available should we ever decide to use it in the actual RP, but mostly it is a defining characteristic of his past that has shaped his personality, so it's necessary that it's included in the backstory. Like I said before, Finn is the main protagonist for a long-time budding original, strampunk fiction work that I've been in the (very slow) process of developing over a long period of time. He's been modified slightly to fit this RP (as he was born in a completely original, fictional world, not Tamriel), but in essence he's the same person, and I felt compelled to include everything about him that is present in my work.

SkyrimFreak

Name: Fariel Stormlock
    Race: Altmer
    Fighting Style: Prefers magic, sometimes uses daggers in close combat.
    Experience: Very experienced in magic, as she has practiced with it all her life.
    Personality: Prefers not to "talk" (see backstory) unless it's important, gets frustrated pretty easily but can control it, doesn't like being around other people, she has a pretty sarcastic sense of humor, if she has the chance to learn more about magic, she will do a lot to take that chance.

Appearance: She has green-gray eyes, brown (with a little bit of red) hair. Her build is pretty light and she is fairly strong despite that. She has some very visible burn scars on her throat from when she lost her ability to speak (backstory).

Gear: She carries two glass daggers, with a soul trap enchant on the left dagger, and a shock enchant on the other. She wears simple leather/cloth armor/robes (think of the leather armor and mage robes from Skyrim mixed together) that she can move around in easily. She also has a small flintlock pistol that she has barely touched, as she prefers to rely on her magic.

Brief history: Fariel grew up in the Summerset Isles learning magic from a young age. She trained in magic and other skills until she was old enough to join the Aldmeri Dominion. Fariel quickly went up in rank, and was eventually assigned to Skyrim. She worked with the Thalmor while there, quietly disagreeing with how they did things. When the Aldmeri Dominion collapsed, she ended up at the College of Winterhold, searching for knowledge. Fariel ended up staying there simply because the College had resources (soul gems and such) that she didn't have the means to obtain, as well as a place she could stay at safely. She experimented often, testing her limits as well as other things. The main subject of her experimentation was in the school of Conjuration, attempting to control familiars. Fariel kept this hidden from the rest of the College, gradually making headway. When she finally succeeded in getting familiars to talk for her she was incredibly happy, and decided to try and do this with atronachs. Fariel had summoned a flame atronach and went through the same process she had with the familiars. The atronach didn't respond too well to that, and before Fariel could get rid of it, the atronach had launched a fireball at her neck, permanently damaging her voice, to the point of her being completely unable to speak without her familiars. Naturally the College asked questions about this, and it ended with her in Iceshelf.

Reason for being in prison: The nature of her experimenting was not something the College approved of.
    Reason for liking/disliking Emperor Arcturus III: She is neutral, as the emperor doesn't directly concern her. If she did have to worry about him though, she would dislike him greatly.

Text Color: This color.

This RP looks really interesting :) I mean, steampunk and Skyrim, that's just awesome.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Hmmm Ill have to put this in my watched threads

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Ash, you're welcome to join if every you want :)

Freak, you're accepted. Welcome to the thread! :D

EpicVakarian

Also Freak, when you say "permanently damaged her voice", do you mean she can't speak at all, or it just hurts a lot to speak?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    *strokes beard* Hmmm hmmm should I? *braids beard* just checking this is a mash-up of Skyrim (races mostly) and Steam Punk culture (weapons, clothing etc) correct?

EpicVakarian

Yes, it is.
    Del, would you mind having a slightly darker dialogue colour? Or Navare, could you have something other than white? Your two colours are very similar, and it'll be difficult to tell them apart.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Sweet, let me google some pictures and think up a history and create a character and hopefully have a card up soon..

A.Auditore

maybe...

sorry this is what I thought when I read the title of the rp :oops:

EpicVakarian

Two more spaces left. With any luck, the IC thread should be able to go up tomorrow night.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    D: im writing as fast as I can!!!!!!!

A.Auditore

maybe...
    :oops: oooh you :3

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Name: Dr. Selina Craven Page

Race/Gender: Elf/Female

Fighting Style: Deadly but has her moments of missing a shot but makes up for it with the way she kills her target

Experience: Thieves Guild but her lust for blood pushed her to be an outcast amoung them, Alchmist

Personality: Sugar on the outside, Spice on the inside

Appearance: Short for an Elf standing 5'4, her facial features show none of an elf but more that of Nords, which has helped her pass in certain cities without hassel, small figured, bright yellow eyes, and long purpler hair, burned scars on her left side of her face, (2014-02-04_00001.jpg )

Gear: (day wear) White Undershirt, with a black underbust corset, and a red jacket (e78188a5b77ee1d4f8f762f0261a475d.jpg ), semi loose legged black pants, lacing along the ends(much like in the pic only black) (27e6f837dd5579fdd4c74aa45a214eee.jpg ), black knee high boots (like the pic) (41bxfltxHGL__SY395_.jpg ), glasses (Steampunk_glasses_by_hronnos.jpg ), and a locket (4532547842_97a00b97fc_z.jpg ) (evening wear, which is rarely but just in case) (dress1.jpg ) (Weapons): Sword (b7f1143d761dd68366dd5f3d247c1883.jpg ) (i know its from a necklace just work with me here :p ) Bow (90fcc55d60c1822f3cf5adaab4cf4d74.jpg ) Arrows (51427ee56d6162d844d07a7bd10df3f1.jpg )

History: At an early age, Selina found her passion with mixing and creating potions, that passion soon grew when she joined up with the Thieves Guild, her potions became powerful enough for her to slip in and out of house unseen, however taking to much pride her work was her downfall, one evening while she was mixing she left out an ingredient in her potion to save herself some time, unknown the consequences that it would soon bring her, while she was stealing her potion had worn off, she was discovered by the man of the house, who abused her for many days and nights, thinking that she was weak enough not to escape the man unbounded her and left her alone in his room, while the man was away, Selina pulled herself from the bed and started to pull apart the springs, turning them into a weapon, she hid her new weapon under the pillow and got back to how she was left, the man returning went to perform his daily abuse on her was soon to be surprised with the springs sticking from his neck, it was her first taste of blood but certainly not her last, escaping with only rags around her, she headed back to her home, with more contracts she came to long for the kill again, taking on contracts the Dark Brotherhood felt were to "easy" this contained her blood lust, however the Thieves Guild felt that this wasn't their way and placed her in their outcast society.
    Reason Being Jailed: Poisoning Royals
    She can care less of the man, but wouldn't mind watching him slowly choke on her homemade poison

A.Auditore

maybe...
    working on my history right now :confused:

EpicVakarian

Don't forget the reason she was jailed and whether she has any preference about the Emperor :p