• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    "Redguard, reach in your right pocket and show me what is there." The Silent was referencing the stone. As the redguard reached into his right pocket and pulled it out, The Silent turned to the vampire. "I heard vampires hate the sun. It burns them and weakens them. Now remember when I asked you to take the vial in my left hand or risk the right yes?" Salthar angrily said, "Yes." Obviously ready to fight and assuming he would win. "I didn't say it was my right now did I?" As the vampire realized what he meant he looked towards the redguard eyes slightly widening...the room was suddenly filled with light bright as the sun.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar cursed vilely, and brought an arm up to cover his eyes. That however, did not mean he was vulnerable. He could hear the heartbeat of his would be killer, and launched himself in that direction. True the sun would weaken him, but after two decades of being a vampire, it didn't bother him as much as it should have. However, he wasn't about to let his opponent know that. So he altered his course to slam into the far wall, and backed into a corner, hissing. It was all he could do not to burst out laughing.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric was blinded and this infuriated him. But as he closed his eyes he heard Songbird and relaxed. He could almost feel the objects in the room he violence of dropping the stone caused Songbird to reverberate even more. Salthar could handle himself but when someones voice changes like that. Umbra when you take over do you cause that? Ghubaric asked the blade. Noo I take the mind this is the taking of the body. Ghubaric smiled this would be interesting.

Kir the Silent

The Silent saw the redguard fall, blinded by the intense light. He wasn't any concern at the moment. He walked towards the vampire in the corner, He drew Ancient's Wrath and The Silent Blade. He walked towars him closing in. "You are powerful, you didn't even sustain any burns from the sun stone. But no matter. It still will have hurt your eyes and weakened you, however slightly." The Silent started to spin his blades and readied himself to kill the vampire. "Even if your pretending to be more hurt than you are, you were a fool to back yourself into a corner against me."

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    Nadir had left the tavern and was headed back towards Dead Man's Drink. It was mostly out of curiosity, but also because she figured Ghubaric would be heading that way as well. The wind had picked up and it blew her cloak this way and that, and blew up the back of her armor; she groaned and held it down, feeling like a silly schoolgirl holding down her skirt. She decided it would be better to just grasp the edges of her cloak and wrap it tight around her body so she did so and trudged along, passing by another group of Stormcloaks conversing amongst themselves; there were about seven all told and they didn't look happy. Nadir slowed her pace so she could eavesdrop.

"Yea, they went in Dead Man's. Haven't come out yet, and I don't feel like waiting anymore."

"Why? What makes these men so dangerous?"

"Did you see the sword the Redguard was carrying?"

"Yea, the rumors are true, they are pretty big and curved..."

"Not that one, imbecile! The other one! Umbra."

"No...not THE Umbra..."

"The very one. And the elf...well, I just don't trust damned elves..."

"So what are we going to do?"

"You have to ask? We're going to get the bastards!"

Nadir tilted her head down and walked on, keeping to herself. They were talking about Ghubaric, and apparently he was inside the tavern where... She gasped. He was in danger, she knew her feelings weren't wrong. She increased her pace to a trot and when when rounded the corner, she broke into a full run, headed for Dead Man's Drink. Even from the streets she could hear the sounds of battle, and wondered why no alert had been roused to begin with. In fact, there were no guards around at all... But she heard the Stormcloaks approaching, their swords being drawn and angry voices being raised. Nadir growled and debated on what to do. She didn't want to get in the way of the assassin's work, but she also wanted to save Ghubaric. He was...a friend.

She stood for a moment, making up her mind. She burst through the doors to quite a scene. The Altmer from before, Ghubaric, and the assassin were all engaged weapons drawn, but when she entered, they all turned to look.

"We need to leave, NOW. ALL of us."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar rocked back a step from a particularly savage blow. The blade had slashed through the flesh of his chest, but the wound was superficial. For him. The vampire parried several lightning fast stabs and slashes, amazed that the young assassin could keep up. The child was good. The Altmer ducked under a double slash, and swung his sword out at a wide angle, drawing the assassins attention. His left hand slammed into his opponents chest, sending him flying across the room. He landed on a table, smashing it to bits, before flipping back to his feet.

Both combatants met in the center of the room, blades crashing, when the wood elf woman burst in the door. "We need to leave, NOW. ALL of us." she gasped

Kir the Silent

"No..." His voice was demonic, The Silent wanted this one. He had been hurt. Never before had anyone even come close to staying alive under his blade dance. His sword and dagger technique had never been countered, but this creature was matching him blow for blow. He couldn't lose, he knew that but the fact that he was still alive infuriated The Silent. Their blades were locked together, and his dagger was so close to his unbeating heart. "I will kill him..."

Their eyes locked in a hellish gaze, "I never fail..." But when the sounds of booted feet and steel stormed through the door. The Silent noticed it was the Stormcloaks, they would not interfere. "Stop this and place your weapons upon the ground!" Obviously the captain, was yelling this to the entire group. The Silent saw the vampire distracted and slammed his knee into his stomach. As he fell back for a second from The Silent, he turned to face the men. "I have the Jarl's athourity...stormcloak. You know who I am?" The stormcloaks were obviously nervous, but the captain nodded. "Yes, but what you don't know is the Jarl ordered this!"

The Silent was filled with rage. "He would dare...betray me? And you as well? I helped you in your pathetic war..." The captain grew grim and his men gripped their weapons. "Yes, and you were paid for that. Skyrim is free. And Sktrim is for the nords." The Silent was more angry than he ever had been. He had been raised here, his family buried here. This was his home. He would not go quietly...

"Vampire...It seems, my contract is no longer valid...wouldn't you say?" He was hinting at an alliance, even if temporary he had to see the benefits. They were both exhausted, never have meeting someone who matched their skill. And the stormcloaks numbered a few dozen. "I'm...availiable for hire..."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar glared at the Nords in Stormcloak uniforms. They filled the room, warily watching the group. The vampire could have ended the assassin if only he'd had a little more time...maybe."Vampire...It seems, my contract is no longer valid...wouldn't you say?" Inquired the assassin, and Salthar shot him a grim smile. Having been ready to cut the man to ribbons literally moments ago, the greater enemy was clearly the savages in armour that stood before them. "Indeed" agreed the vampire, " consider yourself hired, assassin"

Kir the Silent

Salthar shot him a grim smile. Having been ready to cut the man to ribbons literally moments ago, the greater enemy was clearly the savages in armour that stood before them. "Indeed" agreed the vampire, " consider yourself hired, assassin" Kir suddenly disappeared like smoke dissapaiting, appearing in the middle of the group of stormcloacks he lashed our with several lightning fast strikes. Four were dead before the others even understand what was going on.

The captain was alone facing The Silent, then he grabbed his own throat. It had somehow been slashed in the space of a few moments. As he bled to death staring at the abyss black eyes of The Silent, he bent down to the dying man's ear and whispered. "No one betrays me...I will kill the jarl and all who order this...now...embrace your death..." The rest of the stormcloaks saw this and were afraid, but this slowly became shock and anger. More than a dozen soldiers stormed the tavern. Some heading for the vampire, some for The Silent, and some for the redguard and bosmer. "Let it begin..." He swund his blades savagely as he waded into the fight.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    She turned when the door flew open and before she could even grip Valtieri the nearest Stormcloak had grabbed her around her torso, rendering her arms immobile. She thrashed about wildly but his strong arms held her in a vice and she could fell him ever tightening his grip. Before her, the assassin and vampire had turned from battling each other and seemed to be in a sort of alliance, for now...

The Stormcloak holding her had backed into a corner and with one hand had reached up to tightly grip her throat. She tried to jab him in his ribcage with her elbow, but it cracked on something hard and pain jolted up her arm and made her fingers ache. Apparently he was wearing some sort of breastplate under his Stormcloak get-up. He noticed her vain attempt and laughed in her ear. His rancid breath floated around her cheek and assaulted her nostrils.

"Elf WHORE. I will snap your neck and beat your filthy carcass... You have NO business here!"

She grunted and fought some more, for she was getting exhausted fighting against him and so his grip was getting even tighter around her windpipe. She coughed and felt her vision blurring...then the Beast inside roared. She groaned as her body began it's change: her bones grew in length and twisted into their digi-grade forms and her body grew in both length, and width, destroying her armor in the process. The Nord behind her fought for a moment, not knowing what was going on, but when she began sprouting thick black fur, he released her in shock and disgust.

"By the gods! What in Oblivion-"

But his words died on his lips. She had fell to the ground, but caught herslf on her forearms, which had grown dagger-length claws and her face was stetched and distorted into a long, dripping muzzle. Her eyes went from a golden yellow to milky white; all the while she was growing her fur and it now covered her entire body and when she stood, her pack and bow slipped off her arm, and she towered over her assailant by two heads, her own brushing the candlelier than hung from the ceiling. As the man stared at her in wide-eyed disbelief, her maw twisted up un what would've been a smile if her razor-sharp fangs were fully bared.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric watched the duel between Salthar and the assassin with interest. And then suprisingly Nadir burst in, and the there were stormcloaks. Ghubaric watched with glee as the two sides formed and began clashing. Ghubaric was suprised Nadir transformed, for they were in a tavern. What if I find hair in my wine, Ghubaric mused. We cannot have that.

So much blood and I haven't spilt it. Fight coward!

Ghubaric decided Umbra needed a treat for good behavior. The black unholy blade almost sang for joy as it left his scabard. Ghubaric then drew songbird, the comforting old song started. Tapping Songbird against the bracer the Song of Steel filled the room again. Ghubaric noticed some of the stormcloaks that squared off against him where snapping their necks to the side then back again. Ghubaric smiled and started his blade dance.

Kir the Silent

The Silent was a whirlwind of grace and destruction, of bloody art. Felling many, but he realized his time was almost up. Kir was coming back to the surface, and he was already exhausted. Though he would never show it. When he saw the elf woman transform he smiled grimly. "It's up to you now Kir...do not fail...instead...feast..." The Silent faded as Kir came back, "Oh dammit it all. Did Ulfric send the whole of the army?"

He quickly parried a sword thrust and hacked the man's arm off. When he smelled it and The Silent's words became clear...she had unleashed the beast. Kir savored the smell and smiled ferally. Cracking of bones and ripping of flesh, revealing abyss black fur and razor sharp claws. Kir may be tired, but the beast was hungry. Pouncing on one he ripped his throat out with his fangs. Lapping up the wonderful life's blood. He quickly disemboweled another and tore the arm off another. It was a bloodbath and the beast savored every second, it hadn't been released in so long. Yet for every stormcloak that fell, and many fell indeed, two more stormed the tavern. A sea of blue and mail.

The beast saw the vampire slaying them quickly, almost bored but annoyed from the sheer number of them. The dark skinned man decapitated four with one slice. But the beast saw it's fellow pack member and howled in greeting. Reveling in the blood and gore.

FastSalad

The swiftest salad in Yorkshire.
    The short Imperial peered round to face the Inn, his eyes watching the Stormcloaks with a narrowed glare. 'Lollygagging outside whilst the ales rests inside? Most unlikely..' he summised, shifting his weight as he adjusted the shield strapped across his back. Judging by their facial expressions, something was amiss inside the Dead Mans Drink.

Suddenly a man burst from inside the Inn, barking nonsense at the dozen or so who remained outside. Falco could barely make out what was said from the panicked urgency in the Nords voice, though he pointed to two of his company and then motioned for them to head down the street in Falco's direction. The Nord was pointing to the Jarls longhouse. Falco frowned, loosing the tassle on his mace which hung by his side then stepped out into the street.

The stormscloaks vanished back inside the building with haste, and the remaining two set off at a run towards Falco's position. "Ho, Stormcloaks! No closer, I have mace" exclaimed Falco in a raised voice, a coy smile spreading across his face. "Out of the way, Imperial!" cried the Nord closest to him, keeping to his running pace and only a few feet from the stocky Imperial.

Setting off at a run himself, Falco gripped his mace up from it's position at his belt and swung, with both hands grasping it's handle, into the first Stormcloaks chest. With the force, momentum, and pure strength of the blow, the Stormcloak quickly folded up like a horse-shoe around his mace before collapsing to the ground. Keeping the momentum going, Falco jumped against the second Stormcloak. Spinning his body 180 degrees as he was flung through the air, he caused his back, and more importantly the large shield attached to it, straight into the Nords path and forced them both uncomfortably onto the ground.

The pair raced to their feet, and the Stormcloak reached out for his warhammer which was flung across the ground. Falco ingored his trusty mace which too had scattered across the ground, and adopted a simpler tactic. Letting out a shout which bellowed from the back of his throat, the Imperial swung fist after fist into the Stormcloaks face. His hands pummeled into the Nords skull again and again, leaving the man barely able to squirm on the floor.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar yawned widely as yet another Stormcloak fell to his blade. The soldiers were disciplined by human standards, but for Salthar, who'd trained ten years of his life in the Aldemeri army, they moved painfully slow. He eviscerated one man, decapitated another, and beheaded a third, all in the space of thirty seconds. Half a dozen men, armed with great swords and spears rushed towards him.

Smiling widely, no longer forced to hide his fangs, he sheathed his blade. The Nords exchanged confused looks, as the Altmer rattled off a list of arcane sounding words. Their confusion ended abruptly when all six of them caught on fire, skin, armour and flash cooking in the intense heat. However, only the soldiers burned, the rest of the inn was untouched.

Kir the Silent

The two werewolves howled and roared, tearing into the stormcloaks. It was bloodbath. In moments dozens of stormcloaks were dead but they kept coming. The two beasts stood together ripping and tearing flesh,but both had wounds. If this fight continued, despite more power and skill, the band of misfits would surely fall to the pure numbers and relentlessness of their foes.

Even now Kir's own beast grew weary and he could feel that he would revert back to his former self soon. His fellow beast felt the same he could tell, she was slowing down and panting hard. The same as him. Using what strength his beat could he grabbed and hurled a table through the wall of the tavern, creating an impromptu exit. As Kir's beast readied to leave he saw his fellow pack member start to turn back and fall unconcious to the floor. Ignoring the animal instinct to leave her, he used his fangs to bite what little of her clothing was ledt and carry her limp form from the battle. Growling to the redguard and the vampire as he passed to signal his exit and retreat.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric saw Nadir colapse and the other werewolf pick up her body. Ghubaric didn't know what he felt about this. He knew nothing of this assassin or his relationship to Nadir. The song of steel was slowing and his dance was growing old. Umbra called for more and more blood and Ghubaric had provided much more blood than he likely usually would. As he spun blades flashing, the bodies falling, and Ghubaric was in high spirits.

"Haha. The puppy is done with these trials, M'lord." He said to Salthar who was still laying waste to the Stromcloaks.

"My friends, I am afraid I must leave you." He bowed to his remaining stormcloaks sheathed his weapons and sprinted from the stormcloaks jumping out of a window to escape the Inn. You bloody coward! Umbra screamed. Ghubaric laughed out loud as this was quite the adventure he had found for himself.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar quickly found himself surrounded by Stormcloaks. However, his amusement with the initial fight had long since worn off, and so he launched himself over their heads, landing beside the makeshift door in the wall blasting the nearest pair of soldiers backwards with a lightning bolt, he too, departed.

FastSalad

The swiftest salad in Yorkshire.
    Falco pulled himself up from his second foe and collected his scattered belongings, though kept that both at the ready instead of slung across his body. He offered a wary glance at a couple Stormcloaks as they burst from inside the Inn and fled the area in various directions. 'Surely the ales not that bad' he quipped, taking a few steps forward, he peered over the unconcious stormcloak whose face was somewhat disfigured.

The next group to emerge from inside were alittle more.. unusual. A werewolf, a half-naked Bosmer, an Altmer and finally a Redguard. While this atleast explained the reasons for the Stormcloaks sudden retreat, it brought up so many other questions. He watched the group whilst crouching down beside the now crumple-faced Stormcloak.

Kir the Silent

The beast was tiring, Kir felt his body already trying to change. If he could get to his land, his lair. He would be safe...for now but he would think about the stormcloaks later he had a duty to his pack mate. What about the others? He thought. I'll leave my trail obvious but not too much. The vampire should be able to pick it up easily. They are my allies...for now. He supposed they had helped him, and the enemy of his enemy was always his friend. Until they no longer had that enemy anyways. All these thoughts in his head, it was obvious his bosmer self was coming back quickly, so he ran even harder.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric was lost. He was a city man, well city and road man. He hated being alone in the chokingly tight forest. He stumbled in the dark. He was hungry and tired, and Umbra was attacking his mind. Ghubaric drew Songbird and tapped his bracer. The song clearing his mind, defeating Umbra for now.

"Now what?" He whispered into the forest. There was no anwser and so Ghubaric reached into his pocket and pulled out an amulet. You told me life is wonderful and look where it took you. Ghubaric did a rare thing, he didn't forget and he cried. Alone in the forest Ghubaric remembered when he used to listen to his soul, when he still had her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts