• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    As Kir and Ghubaric made their way into the keep, they were greeted by the warmth of a roaring fire and the smell of a fresh cooked meal. Daran, a forty-three year old redguard, just finished setting the table. The grey mixed in his black hair the only tell of his age. His face was abit weathered but he still had a sharp, aware look about him. And the scimitar, Sandstorm, was still gleaming and sharp as it had been when his father had passed it to him long ago. "About time Kir, is this one of your guests?"

"Yes Daran. Ghubaric this is Daran, Daran this is Ghubaric." As the two men shook hands, Kir continued towards the table piled with food. Roasted goat legs, mudcrab chitin, grilled leeks with rabbit legs, sweet rolls, and even shepard's pie. But the thing that has Kir's attention was the jug of Stros M'kia Rum.

"Pleased to meet you Ghubaric, always pleasent to meet a fellow redguard. Feels like a lifetime since I've been back in Hammerfell. Now we can talk as we eat, because if we don't start to eat now Kir and that abyss he calls astomach will surely devour it all." Looking to Kir he already had his plate full of food and was finishing his second bottle of rum. "I swear, I don't know how he isn't the fattest assassin on all of Nirn as much as he eats. I barely eat and he's skinnier than I!"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar entered the keep several minutes later, and followed the voices to a dining area. He took one of the free chairs, but declined the offer of food. At best, mortal food was bland and tasteless to him. At the worst, it could make him sick to his stomach, as his undead form rejected it. That didn't mean he wasn't curious about the man. "So..Kir, is it? Have you dwelt here long?" He inquired, his tone courteous. After all, he was used to being invited to meals, back on the Isles. Although, those meals usually ended up with strategical planning sessions, with the Thalmor high command.

Shortly before Ulfric's victory, Salthar had been made a lord, given a position in the council back on the Somerset Isles, in the capital city of Alinor, and had worked closely with the Thalmor Emissary, Elenwen in Skyrim. When the Stormcloaks assaulted the Embassy, Salthar and his coven had made sure the Thalmor Emissaries had escaped on a ship bound for the Isles.

Kir the Silent

"Yes, I lived here long ago but...certain things made me leave when I was a child. I returned here two years ago after the war to retake my home and rebuild it. Technically I'm also Thane of Falkreath but with all the stormcloak activity I don't know how that will be valid for too much longer." Kir sat back, taking a long drink of rum. He looked to Salthar. "Believe it or not I helped them, as The Silent persona, win the war. I assassinated several imperial legates and even made a few moves against the Thalmor, for both sides. But I preferred the stormcloaks."

"I remember I helped rush the embassy in the final days of the war." Kir smiled and remembered some of the assassinations he had preformed. He reached into his robes and produced several Thalmor emblems on a necklaces. "Several emissaries made it to a ship and sailed away, but lets just say not all of them made it back to the Sommerset Isles. A few did manage to escape, but not as many as they would have liked. I still plan on hunting down a woman named Elenwen, she managed to escape and go to ground. But all that is hidden is eventually found and I did managed to give her a nasty scar.Sorry if that story offends you, as an altmer, but I'm no friend of the Thalmor."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar always found it hard to believe anyone would ally with the Stormcloaks especially a Mer. He didn't say so however, instead, he forced a smile. "Indeed, I remember the battle as if it were yesterday" when the assassin went on to detail his murders of several Thalmor it was all the vampire could do to clench his hands under the table and not strike his host. "A pity that you chose the wrong side in the war...I'm sure we could have had a use for you" He commented.

Kir the Silent

"Ah, a Thalmor?" Kir stopped smiling, and handed the emblems to the vampire. "Here take these back to their families, I apologize. I meant to offense, but it was not me who chose my side in the war. The Thalmor chose that side for me when they betrayed my race, my family, and me personally."

"And don't say the Thalmor don't look down upon the bosmer because they do. I was once allied with the Thalmor and they betrayed me, but that is a story for another time. Feel free to hit me if you wish, but after I did that they finally agreed to a truce. They stay away from me and I stay away from them." Kir was genuinely sorry for killing those people, he had done it brutally and he hadn't forgiven himself for it. They were evil people true and ahd betrayed him, but it saddened him to think he had known some of those people personally. As Daran and Ghubaric continued to talk at the other end of the table, he continued. "You don't have to believe me, but you could always ask them yourself. They will probably admit to betraying me with some scrap line about how it was for some half-hearted, half-truth. They made a dangerous enemy betraying me. But as I said we have a truce, for now. I apologize, not for killing them nor my side in the war, they brought that upon themselves. But I do apologize for how they died."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    The vampire sighed and nodded, accepting the emblems solemnly and placing them in one of his robes pockets. "I should not hold it against you...but I am loyal to the Thalmor, and many were- are my friends"
    He smiled bitterly. "I lost many when our beloved 'High King of Skyrim' stormed Markarth" shaking his head to dismiss the ghosts of the past, he smiled again.

" I won't strike you..it would be ungrateful as a guest in your home to do so...think what you wish, we are not all heartless monsters" he gestured to his own robes, now, the gold and black of the Thalmor, but modified with read stitching on the shoulders and chest. " My own robes have fooled many a Stormcloak soldier believing I wore them as a trophy. Truthfully, I earned them after the Great War" he sighed again, remembering the things he'd done as a Justiciar. "I'm a hypocrite to be angry at you, for I to have slaughtered my fair share of Nords, both soldiers, and not" he remarked, although he left his reason why he'd killed so many to himself. 'He may be an ally, but my reasons are my own' he thought to himself.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Laughed at his fellow redguard's words and looked at the elf that these kinsmen had raised. The words Salthar and Kir where exchanging started registering in Ghubaric's mind. Ghubaric was confused as he listened to the elves. What Kir said was interesting, The Thalmor chose that side for me when they betrayed my race, my family, and me personally. Family and personally that makes sense, but I thought the bosmer where a large part of the dominion. Bah I know nothing of politics, Ghubaric thought. Only the politics of an organization.

"Friends much we speak of such serious business for we have just gotten settled. Pleasure is for the night, business for the day!"

Ghubaric grabbed some wine and held them out for the two elves. Master what would you have done, Ghubaric thought. Where has the winds taken you, you old Khajiit I hope far from skyrim. Even if Ghubaric gave up on some of his master's teaching that had nothing to do with the sword Ghubaric knew in a world of moral gray, Dro-Do' Zatharka was white as snow.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar arched one fine, black eyebrow when the slaver offered a pair of wine bottles to the both of them. He accepted the bottle and helped himself to a goblet. Sipping the liquid, he smiled "We were merely reminiscing on old times" he assured the man.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric laughed.

"I am sorry if I worded that oddly. I myself have also had... business. Yes thats what we will call it with the Thalmor."

Thalmor invades. Mercenary work, and then the trafficking of war prisoners for labor camps. Not that I really discriminated, Ghubaric thought. Both sides, soldiers of Hammerfell and the Dominon, felt Ghubaric's whips.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar was surprised by the man's revelation that he'd had business with the Thalmor. Of course, hardly any slavers would miss out on the opportunity to collect gold for their own coin purses. " Indeed? When was this?"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    "It was the massive fallout from the invasion. Even after it was repelled there were spies, defectors, fools who didn't realize the 'war' was over. I personally worked with the third faction or private businessmen depending on the offer."

Ghubaric left out the details on how he came into the business. It brought back certain memories that were better off left alone.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    " I see" The Altmer vampire nodded once, knowing all too well what 'private businessmen' meant in Ghubarics' line of work. Although the Dominion officially was against slavery, unofficially, non-mer were servants, and humans were treated the worst.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    Finally, Nadir stirred. She groaned and reached up to hold her pounding head. Her body was alight with fire, just as it always was after a transformation; her body was still not used to just a dramatic shift in size and Nadir was beginning to fear that it never would be. She sat up slowly, and as the covering slipped off her body, she realized she was nude.

"Ughhh...GREAT."

She vaguely remembered what had happened but if she was correct in her foggy memories, her forsworn armor was now a pile of tattered fur and feathers on the floor of Dead Man's Drink, back in town. Not only that...

"MY GEAR! MY WEAPONS!"

She immediately fumbled around and fell out of bed, and on to the floor, cracking her elbow on the cold stone. She yelped and rolled over, seething and holding the injured limb. Not only that, her stomach had began to feel queasy and she knew what was coming. She looked around frantically for a wastebasket and found one in a far corner and after dragging her body, still wrapped loosing in her bedding, over to it, he lost all of what she had eaten earlier, including the Stormcloaks, into it.

Kir the Silent

As the men talked and drank, telling stories and bonding. Sarli entered the guest room to find the young bosmer female nude and retching into the waste basket. She quickly rushed over to cover her with a blanket and reassure her. "Shh, it's ok your safe. Your in Kir's home, Cracked Tusk Keep. Oh...silly me you probably know him as the Silent.

The woman had stark white hair, but looked incredibly young for thirty-nine. She handed the blanket to Nadir and rushed around gathering things. "Now don't worry, everything's fine. You were unconcious when Kir brought you here. He was wounded badly but still carried you in his arms as if his life depended on it. Wouldn't even let me give him a potion until I mad sure you were ok. And I love him but he's so stubborn and protective almost to the point to where he kills himself. Anyways my name is Sarli, I'm Kir's mother."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar sensed the coming of the sun, and stood from the table. "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I am in need of rest" Kir nodded and gave him instructions to a spare room he could use for the day. Nodding his thanks, the Altmer headed away from the table. He wasn't sure he trusted the assassin, but he'd certainly gained a measure of respect for him. He arrived at the room, and closed the door behind him, before fishing the emblems out of his pocket. In Altemeri, he said softly, "rest in peace, my brothers" he then replaced them in his pocket, and removed his robes, gloves, boots, and sword. The clothing he folded and placed on a chair, while he carefully leaned his blade against the bed, so that it was within easy reach. Then he drifted off to sleep.

Nadir-Natesse

Proprietor of Thy Lady and Lord
    Nadir coughed and groaned into the basket, hardly registering the help. The beast always made a horrid impression on her body and it was driving her crazy. Farkas never told me about all this... She thought back to the Nord warrior who had been her lover up until his death a year ago... She bit back the horrible memory and retched again. It took her a moment before she had the strength to sit up and look at the woman before her.

"Wh-who?"

Clearly, her memory had been rampaged by her sudden sickness.

Kir the Silent

"Kir," Sarli spoke softly to the frigntened woman. "The young bosmer who rescued you. You were badly injured and unconcious, you were fine most of the blood was Kir's...I'm just glad that boy's ok, but that soft heart of his will get him hurt one day. Oh, he said you'd want your clothes back."

Sarli turned and rummaged through a knapsack, from within she pulled Nadir's Forsworn armor and all of her equipment. She handed it to her and then went to stroke the fire in the room. "Kir stayed up all night to sew it back together, and snuck back to Falkreath for your other things. The men are probably still eating, if you want I can bring you some. If you do I'd better hurry, that boy will eat the entire keep out of food if we're not careful. He's such a strange boy...Never know what he's going to say, do, or what he is able to do." She reminisced about the young bosmer as Nadir grabbed her belongings.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric stood in the courtyard. The rising sun's rays falling upon his body, he was half stripped to the waist. In his hands where his two swords. He became his martial excersises, and soon sweat was dripping from his body yet he didn't stop. He was haggard and tired, the nightmare kept him from sleeping. Maybe I should get rid of this accursed blade, Ghubaric thought as he went deeper into his dance of death. And admit defeat? Songbird sang as sweet as it could, but the taunt couldn't help but sting Ghubaric.

She makes you weak, Ghubaric thought. You should leave... Remember the last time you felt this warm. Ghubaric thought about the amulet in his pocket. This time is different! Nadir is strong, Abila was only a child. Ghubaric twisted quickly the blades ringing out. Abila is Songbird, Nadir is Umbra, Ghubaric mused. Then he had an idea. Ghubaric crossed the two blades and touched Songbird to Umbra. Uncrossing the blades he felt Umbra's song of blood and hate resonate out.

Kir the Silent

After showing Ghubaric the training area and Salthar to his room, Kir headeed up the walls of the keep to talk to the three nord men. Therick Rot-Gut and the two twin brothers, Firar and Ice-ar, stood vigilant. Always at the ready, they had deserted the stormcloaks for very good reasons. Firar and Ice-ar were busying fighting each other at the moment, as they often did, so Kir approached the older Therick. "I knew this was bound to happen Kir. Ulfric is a good man, but he has his flaws. He may not love the other races but he wouldn't order these slaughters and round-ups we've been hearing about."

"I know, something is not right in Skyrim." Kir crossed his arms solemn. "I may leave in a few days, find out what's happening. Perhaps with the people that are here."

"I don't trust a vampire on the best of days and all nords hate slavers. There's a reason it's illegal in Skyrim." Therick was a true nord to the bone, distasting slavery and magic.

"I know, but I trust them. And you trust me. I can handle this, something is on the wind Therick thought I know not what." Kir looked at the still wrestling twin brothers and smiled. "I have a feeling this will be a great adventure. Just look after Daran and Sarli for me."

"Will do Kir and....whenever you leave, wherever you go. Good luck."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    As the afternoon became the evening, and evening bled away into the night, Salthars' red-gold eyes snapped open. Within moments, he was dressed and armed, perfectly ready for the long night ahead. Opening the window, he noticed a scent to the air, one that let the Altmer vampire know that other vampires were nearby. Smiling grimly, he left his room, adjusting his robes and gloves as he walked. The older Redguard, whose name he hadn't caught inquired as to whether he would be joining the group for dinner, to which the vampire declined.

He exited the keep through the main doors, passing a pair of young Nord guards who eyed him distrustfully, and walked up onto the wall. Once both guards were distracted, he grabbed hold of the stones and swung himself over, landing lightly a few meters down. Now outside the keep, he headed towards a large group of trees, knowing that the vampires would choose a place well out the keep's line of sight. Standing just inside the tree line, he called out into the darkness "you're late" the sound of several people dismounting horses confirmed what the vampire lords' senses had already told him.

"There were some....complications" explained Varis Draconus, the Imperial vampire. He had been one of the best assassins Cyrodiil had to offer, until he'd been turned, and gone completely insane. His insanity, for the most part, had been cured, and he was now a silent, assassin of the night. "But I assume you've called us here for a reason?" Salthar scowled at the other vampires arrogant tone and superior attitude.
    " I've called you here to relay new orders: first, I want you and your group to patrol the immediate area, second, I want you to shadow us when we leave...I don't trust all of those in my group, and having the upper hand is always useful" In the darkness under the cover of the trees, the Altmer could see Varis' features pulled down in an irritated frown. "You want us to protect mortals?" The other vampire only lifted his brow, as if surprised that the Imperial hadn't heard right. Sighing, Varis shook his head and turned away, muttering something about 'the old fool has lost his mind'

Salthar's voice took on a cold, deadly tone "careful, Varis...you insulted me once, but you were insane that time, I will not forgive another lapse in judgement" the Imperial vampire stiffened, then nodded once.
    " It shall be done" he growled motioning his companions to remount. Satisfied, the Altmer headed back inside the keep.

(( OOC: lol, here you go, have a novel!))