• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wildroses

For roleplay reasons, my character initially agreed to Sam Guevenne's drinking contest, then got suspicious and declined a second drink.

If you do this, every single bloody time you enter the inn Sam makes a beeline for you and forces the conversation trying to get you to take the second drink. 32 levels later after much pestering, I was forced to enter the inn to sell my firewood, saw Sam coming, didn't manage to out run him, tabbed out of the conversation and sprinted for the door as he was still talking.

And that's why Sam Guevenne now spends all day and night standing on the steps of the Bannered Mare.

I have to take the kitchen entrance whenever I want to visit the inn now because while his location has changed, he is still obsessed with me taking that second drink.

Wildroses

I'm going to make you all go WTF LOL now. I used the console to try and marry Heimskr today.

It was a serious RP character, I had my reasons and they were good ones, alright?

But save your scorn and derision. The marriage never happened. My poor little elf was left at the altar ;_;

I got an interesting bug where I entered the temple for the ceremony at the right time and all my guests were there and Maramal was standing up the front, but there was no Heimskr. We were all stuck in a tableau waiting for my runaway groom.

It's definitely something about Heimskr. I experimented straight after with marrying Lydia, then using the console to marry Anoriath, and both those ceremonies worked fine. I tried waiting, I tried re-loading, I tried using the console to place him in the temple, and nothing worked. (Although that last attempted bugfix gave me a real laugh as Heimskr still went through his preaching speech as he walked up the aisle).

So I guess the evidence points one way: Everyone else was right. Heimskr has not one redeeming feature and I was foolish to get involved with him.

Chadonraz

This one was more of an "oh crap!" moment, but anyway:

On my way to Morthal I passed three Snowy Sabre Cats just off the road.
Not much later when I was leaving Morthal (I'd only gone there to warm up, but ended up taking a bounty quest) I discovered the same trio of cats had moved, and were now just outside the town. On the road, of course.

Knowing it was not the smartest thing to do, I aggroed the beasts. I sure was glad I'd set all guards to essential! The battle was tough, but in the end the cats were defeated.

xY2WiXx.jpg

O__Dragon__O

Old Guy Joe
Walking out of Lakeveiw, hearing the distinct sound of a Giant, turning in the direction of my animal pen.... just in time to see my cow flying at my face and then bouncing on the ground clear up to the carriage.... WTF! (Killed the giant with one arrow...) And then grilled out some fresh Burgers for me and the wife and kids... LOL

Chadonraz

I... used the resurrect console command on a dragon skeleton that was lying on the road near Falkreath.
It actually worked, and the dragon took flight. o_O

Very soon thereafter my game froze. I guess Skyrim couldn't handle such stupidity. :D

Annageckos

Last night I was heading from Solitude towards Dragons Bridge. I was just passing by three Imperial soldiers when an Elder Dragon attacked. The soldiers were killed, one bitten and thrown. The fighting caught the attention of a bear, but it didn't last too long, choosing to attack J'Zargo instead of the dragon. Soon, with the help of Dragon Rend we had the beast grounded. That was when two horses came running up from the nearby Stormcloak camp, they pummeled the dragon while J'Zargo and I hit him with fire and ice. Amazingly when the dragon died both horses were still alive, they headed back down to the camp and the whole Stormcloak camp came running to stare at the dead dragon. That was when a group of Thalmor with a prisoner walked by. There I stood, a dead dragon, dead Imperials and two rival groups. The Thalmor seemed on edge, spells readied, weapons drawn. I did the only thing I could think of... Released the prisoner, stepped back and watched chaos ensue. I kept back and watched, casting paralyze when a shot on the Thalmor opened up. After a few minutes all the Thalmor and all but one Stormcloak were dead, bodies littered the ground. I picked though the carnage and got a ton of loot.

Chadonraz

I know I'm spamming this thread, but my Skyrim just loves acting weird.

I'd accepted Ahtar's "kill the bandit leader" quest, and had progressed through the first half of Broken Oar Grotto. And that's when the WTF kicked in...
You see, Hargar was already fighting someone - a whole lot of someones. Turned out they were Solitude guards accompanied by a Legion officer (Prefect whatshisname)

As if that wasn't enough, ALL of the NPCs were hostile towards me! One of the guards also kept warning me: "You're trespassing here. You better clear out."

I didn't want any trouble, so I stayed back - until it became obvious that the guards + Prefect would never manage to kill Hargar. They got him down on his knees more than a few times, at which point he seemed to become immune to their swords. I even checked if he was essential for some reason, but nope.

In the end I toggled on God Mode so the guards wouldn't kill me, and managed to finish off Captain Hargar. Then it was time to get out of there, just in case the guards' insanity was contagious. o_O

picture

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Oh....Alvor... really?

d140u1q.jpg

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
d38cba2f-eed3-44a1-81a4-dc09aa07ab34.png

Oh cool. I knew Rahgot was a caring guy. I wonder what he has in mind for me....

43686bd2-a1e2-408d-99f5-de9eb832f426.png

Oh, an arrow in the crotch. Not what I expected.

Watermelon

I always get a laugh when my followers "float."
Sometimes when they come out of a body of water, they still make the motions when moving as if they were still in water. They look like they're floating or flying.

But no WTF moments really, nothing unexpectedly exciting has ever happened.

Oh! But my brother told me of the first time he married on Skyrim. He fast traveled to Riften to attend his wedding to Ysolda, but when he got in the chapel she was dead. Dead bride. How cheerful and.. Familiar. Hahah. We assume she died on her way to Riften but because she was scheduled to show at the temple she just glitched her body in there.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
definite WTF moment here.. my xbox started auto saving every time I opened my inventory.. So I thought.. ok.. annoying but at least it's saving..right? I went on to do some pretty awesome stuff, including doing the special Solitude job for the Thieves Guild, Building my house in Morthal, witnessing two giants and a mammoth slaying Vuljotnaak for me, one giant launching a sabre cat to the heavens, killing said giants and their angry mammoth, Killing some cultists, Helping the hunter avenge his friends in Moss mother cave and finally making it to my destination, Sunderstone Gorge, leaping up the ledge and taking out the two mages through both sets of closed gates, turning around and going back to take on the other mages until I died. My game takes extra time reloading, you know, when it has to go back through a lot of game play, and I find I am right back at the beginning of the TG Solitude quest....

WTF?

I just lost about an hour's worth of epic gameplay. :sadface:

Annageckos

I was running around Sleeping Tree Camp at night looking for the cave. I've found it before but for whatever reason was having issues this time. Around and around I ran, really going too fast to see anything in the dark and getting a bit ticked. I stopped and looked around because running around like a fool wasn't working. Then I see something floating in the air, spin and fall to the ground. It then floated back up and down, it did this a few more times before I walked over to see what it was. As I got to the object it fell to the ground one last time and I saw it was a bone from a skeleton. That is when I see the cave, a pile of bones outside the entrance.

Lucid

And that's why Sam Guevenne now spends all day and night standing on the steps of the Bannered Mare

Please, please, please - cast Frenzy on a passerby to see if they can be compelled to attack dear old Sam. Report back :)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
And that's why Sam Guevenne now spends all day and night standing on the steps of the Bannered Mare

Please, please, please - cast Frenzy on a passerby to see if they can be compelled to attack dear old Sam. Report back :)
I love homework assignments

Chadonraz

Bandits are creative. :rolleyes:
I found a wood chopping block with a woodcutter's axe and bread lying on it. The bread had been cut in half.

There were also a couple cheese wheels and more bread (whole and halved ones) nearby. :D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Bandits are creative. :rolleyes:
I found a wood chopping block with a woodcutter's axe and bread lying on it. The bread had been cut in half.

There were also a couple cheese wheels and more bread (whole and halved ones) nearby. :D
If they needed a chopping block and axe to cut the bread, I'm guessing it was not all that fresh

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Well, lets see.

My cow as learned how to levitate.

I walk into Proudspire Manor to find Aela standing atop a chair, shuffling in place. She speaks as though nothing is afoot. What a strange women I've married, (funny how games imitate life!).

Sometimes I stand up while riding my horse. I have no idea why I do this.

Every now and then, I absorb a dragon soul. When there is no dragon.

Sometimes, a dead hagraven falls from the heavens and lands before me. The gods have too much time on their hands.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts