Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Thank you. =D

images

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Say what you will, however the Empire's days are numbered. Just how many Provinces have you guys lost thus far?
The number of provinces isn't definitive of anything. The First Imperial Empire or Alessian Empire was never geographically large during its existence. Initially it was only the united territories of Colovia and Nibenay which together comprised Cyrodiil. It expanded to take the Reach which at the time consisted of what is now eastern High Rock and Western Skyrim but it never grew much beyond that. The Empire has also been historically resilient, with each successive Empire exceeding the reach of the prior one. The Second Empire consisted of all of Tamriel except Morrowind at the height of its power and the Third Empire consisted of all of Tamriel.

For all the chest puffing by the Aldmeri Dominion role players that come to this thread, the Dominion has failed in all of three of its incarnations to even come remotely close to the dominance of the second and third incarnations of the Imperial Empire. As the saying goes, better to have been a has been than a never was.
I would think if the Imperials *truly* cared enough about Skyrim, they would let them go. Rather than beat them into submission, burning their farms and destroying their lives. The other Provinces realized who they were dealing with long ago. Such a 'sad' state of affairs for man, however there is hope...
The Stormcloaks =/= all Nords or even a majority of the Nords of Skyrim. The Empire cares enough not to abandon the huge contingent of Nords that remain loyal to the Empire and want to keep Skyrim within the Empire. It's fulfilling its duty towards its citizens in Skyrim.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Considering the Aldmeri Dominion suffered a major defeat against a weakened, unprepared Empire. I would like to know why they believe they will do better against a pissed off, prepared Empire.

NENALATA

The number of provinces isn't definitive of anything.

It is when you consider that nearly every lost Province was due to either the Empire abandoning them (which resulted in Provinces like Morrowind refusing to have anything to do with the Empire), or Provinces that were liberated by the Thalmor (such as Valenwood) and the Empire simply 'let them go' without a fight.

The Stormcloaks =/= all Nords or even a majority of the Nords of Skyrim. The Empire cares enough not to abandon the huge contingent of Nords that remain loyal to the Empire and want to keep Skyrim within the Empire. It's fulfilling its duty towards its citizens in Skyrim.

I doubt that. Four holds may not be a clear majority, however, they're also not a minority. Furthermore, if you claim that putting people in cages and summary executions minus a trial is a form of compassion, then that's all the more reason to justify 'regime' change.

Considering the Aldmeri Dominion suffered a major defeat against a weakened, unprepared Empire. I would like to know why they believe they will do better against a pissed off, prepared Empire.

Because by your Emperor signing the WGC, we effectively won the war. Hammerfell is in ruins and is no longer part of your Empire. Skyrim is resisting you and will continue to do so. The battle you won in Cyrodil, cost you. It costs us nothing to try again on our terms, at a time of our choosing.

images

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Foolish Breton. Can't you see? Elven supremacy is the *only* truth. :/

It took the Dominion nearly a hundred years of planning to be defeated militarily by a weakened Empire.

It took Tiber Septim about 45 minutes to take Alinor.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

We also like to hang Thalmor Lords off towers.

Edit: Bloody forums posted me twice.

Dagmar

It is when you consider that nearly every lost Province was due to either the Empire abandoning them (which resulted in Provinces like Morrowind refusing to have anything to do with the Empire), or Provinces that were liberated by the Thalmor (such as Valenwood) and the Empire simply 'let them go' without a fight.
It really isn't. The point still stands that geographical size isn't indicative of the viability of the Empire. The Thalmor didn't liberate Valenwood. They backed a coup and then proceeded to purge anyone that didn't support the new regime. The very notion that an oppressive totalitariian form of government liberates anyone is laughably absurd.
I doubt that. Four holds may not be a clear majority, however, they're also not a minority.
It's not a majority. It changes nothing about the fact that characterizing the Stormcloaks imposing their will over roughly half of the population of a province who don't want any such thing and prefer to remain part of an Empire to which they've belonged for over six centuries as simply letting Skyrim go is grossly inaccurate and misleading.
Furthermore, if you claim that putting people in cages and summary executions minus a trial is a form of compassion, then that's all the more reason to justify 'regime' change.
First of all this is a total straw man. I never characterized any such act as a form of compassion so it's full of fail at inception. Second, replacing one regime with another that's just as oppressive is hardly a persuasive argument. The Stormcloaks generally don't even take prisoners and their leader not only believes in mass summary executions without trial but he categorizes actions that aren't even deemed criminal by the Empire or any other civilized nation state as capital crimes.
Hammerfell is in ruins and is no longer part of your Empire.
Hammerfell is not in ruins. That was over 20 years ago and the theater of war was restricted to southern Hammerfell for the majority of both wars.
Skyrim is resisting you and will continue to do so.
Last time I checked you didn't own the copyright to the Elder Scrolls games. The Stormcloaks =/= Skyrim.
The battle you won in Cyrodil, cost you. It costs us nothing to try again on our terms, at a time of our choosing.
Soldiers and the resources to wage war aren't produced out of thin air. Trivializing the losses in resources and manpower that the Aldmeri Dominion suffered from the Great War and the war in Hammerfell afterwards is nothing more than an exercise in propaganda that doesn't reflect the reality of the situation. Trivializing the resources and manpower to mount another offensive is no different.

NENALATA

@Mr. Slef Destruct

It took the Dominion nearly a hundred years of planning to be defeated militarily by a weakened Empire.

It took Tiber Septim about 45 minutes to take Alinor.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

First of all, your fledgling Empire never 'defeated' the Dominion, you surrendered and the Summerset Isles were unscathed by the war. Secondly, by signing the White Gold Concordant the Empire was spared and it exists today because we allow it to exist. Thirdly, both Numidiums (a purely Elven creation) were eventually destroyed. Finally, judging by the number of Provinces your Empire has lost because of us (due to our planning) and the submission of your Emperor/Empire to the Thalmor, I would say the years of planning have paid off. It is time for man to learn his place again and it is time for the Elves to reclaim what is rightfully ours.

Now you let that sink in for a moment.

It took the Dominion nearly a hundred years of planning to be defeated militarily by a weakened Empire.      It took Tiber Septim about 45 minutes to take Alinor.      Just let that sink in for a moment.   [IMG]
images

NENALATA

Jader

Wow you elves are egotistical assclowns..

I don't like you. I think you're a heretic. And so, you will die a heretic's death. (Begins blasting Jade with bolts of lighting and Green fire while trying to stab him in the face with a broad sword.)

images

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Good luck with that mate.I'm a breton with maxed magic resistance.Have to find me before you can touch me with your blade,Assassin with 100 sneak.

Repeated: elven assclown.

NENALATA

Dagmar

Honestly, I'm not surprised that the 'lesser races' are ignorant to the Thalmor and our mission. We only wish to improve quality of life and to save Tamriel from the darkness that is man, in essence, to save man from himself. All throughout man's history he has created chaos and drenched the continent in blood, dragging both himself, his neighbors and us down with him. The Thalmor exist to bring order to the nations of man, putting an end to the chaos he has caused in Tamriel! In short: To put things back to right. Even if that means a Second Great War.

And I'm pleased to see how Emperor Titus Mede II and the citizens of the Empire have acknowledged Elven Supremacy by throwing off worship of false Gods and embracing the will of the Thalmor.

We are the rightful rulers of Tamriel.

While man was in caves littered with the filth of his own excrement, hiding from his own irrational fears, the Elves lived in White-Gold cities exploring Tamriel and learning the very deepest secrets of the arcane. The modern day pantheon of Gods was handed down from us, much of Tamriel's culture and to some extent language, was passed down from us as well. And last but not least, we certainly wrote the book on magic, although we did not create it ourselves.

And you can have whatever opinion you like, however Elven Supremacy is the only truth.

images

NENALATA

Jader

Good luck with that mate.I'm a breton with maxed magic resistance.Have to find me before you can touch me with your blade,Assassin with 100 sneak.

I'm sure the Blades said the same thing. *Awkward*

images

NENALATA

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Jader

I'm sure the Blades said the same thing. *Awkward*

images

And yet the Thalmor can't manage to kill an aging woman and a crazy old man.what does that say about the Thalmor? Doubt the Thalmor could handle trying to get me.Slit the throats of any of em who near me :p

NENALATA

We show respect for the elderly. As 'you' and the rest of your kind should acknowledge your betters.

Hey Jader, how many Blade's heads does it take to fill up a wagon?

images

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Respect for the elderly..right..like the Thalmor respect anything but themselves.just admit you can't handle them.can ask the hundreds of your brethren in the void who was superior.

NENALATA

tumblr_mhggz1AU0B1s2s9meo1_500.jpg

Dagmar

First of all, your fledgling Empire never 'defeated' the Dominion, you surrendered and the Summerset Isles were unscathed by the war.
The Third Empire conquered the Aldmeri Dominion with Numidium. The Second Empire conquered Alinor with conventional warfare. The Aldmeri Dominion has never defeated the Empire. The First and Second Imperial Empires collapsed from internal disputes. These are matters of undeniable fact.
Secondly, by signing the White Gold Concordant the Empire was spared and it exists today because we allow it to exist.
The Aldmeri Dominion blew its load in its bid to conquer the Empire. It was so weak by the end of the Great War that it couldn't even hold on to the land that the Empire ceded to it under the White Gold Concordat. It's delusionally optimistic to think that "Old Mary" had anything left to throw at the Empire but harassment attacks reminiscent of its actions in the Second Era. The people were simply sick of war and wanted and needed the opportunity to rebuild without having to deal with open hostilities with the Aldmeri Dominion at the same time. Regardless of whether it was the right decision for the Emperor and the Elder Council to make at the time it was a popularly supported one.
Thirdly, both Numidiums (a purely Elven creation) were eventually destroyed.
So what? Neither "Numidium" was an Altmer creation. The true Numidium was a Dwemer creation and Akulahkhan was a Chimer creation. The Empire controlled Numidium because Morrowind was part of the Empire underscoring that the concept of Merish solidarity is a myth of your personal headcanon. Their destruction had nothing to do with the Aldmeri Dominion and does nothing to change the fact that the Aldmeri Dominion has fallen to the Empire in every past incarnation and the Empire has never fallen to Aldmeri Dominion.
Honestly, I'm not surprised that the 'lesser races' are ignorant to the Thalmor and our mission. We only wish to improve quality of life and to save Tamriel from the darkness that is man, in essence, to save man from himself. All throughout man's history he has created chaos and drenched the continent in blood, dragging both himself, his neighbors and us down with him. The Thalmor exist to bring order to the nations of man, putting an end to the chaos he has caused in Tamriel! In short: To put things back to right. Even if that means a Second Great War.
The only thing I'm ignorant about is your personal headcanon which holds no interest for me. My interest is in the real lore and canon of the Elder Scrolls universe. The only headcanon that interests me is Michael Kirkbride's and his headcanon of what the Thalmor are about is nothing like yours.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts