• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OckhamsFolly

I totally agree on borrowing elements from Fable. The ability to dye clothing, the reputation, brothels, most of all, the way Fable 3 allowed some control of the kingdom should be incorporated into running the guilds.

Perhaps repairing weapons like in Fallout New Vegas. Those blades wouldn't stay sharp forever.

First person view on horseback
Same controls for dragons as horses

Cooking perks (Chef bonus x/5), branch it off of Alchemy, so you can make cooking as viable as using potions.

Repairing items was a TES staple from Arena up through Oblivion. I think they decided it was just tedious.

And certain cooked items surpass potions, namely Beef Stew, Elsweyr Fondue, Vegetable Soup and Venison Stew. Although I do wish there was more you could do with it.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I'd like a necromancers guild, I'd also like the ability to join the thalmor in an additional dlc. I think the ability to be high king or at least a jarl would be awesome.

kyleekay

I just thought of another one. Not sure how this really fits in, but here goes nothing.

The ability to use mods when you're a console gamer. I have no idea if that's even possible (I'm assuming not), but I just stumbled upon a list of mods that PC users get to use, and I wanted to cry because I'm missing out on so much awesome-ness. :sadface: Call it wishful thinking, but that's something that I would love to see.

Edit: It would also be cool to have your appearance affected by food/potion intake (again, taking cues from Fable). That way if my character sits on their butt all day drinking Mead and eating Sweet Rolls, they won't still have the smokin' bod of a god/goddess (unless they work off those calories).

And, though more of a novel feature, I liked seeing my "attractiveness" rating in Fable as well... would be neat to see in Skyrim.

More racial diversity. The powers aren't enough. I miss the stat bonuses from Oblivion and I'd even take it a step further and give different races different physical and magical damage resistances, different movement speeds, etc.

Speed:
I know Oblivion had different movement speeds, but since it was based on stats you could improve, you could get faster. I'm talking about a more permanent movement penalty/bonus depending on the race.

Damage Resistance:
And I know Breton has magic resistance, but I think all races should have two resistances: physical damage resistance and magical damage resistance, and have the numbers anywhere between 0 and 20. The races with more natural resistances could naturally be slower, but no race should have high resistances in both, just one or the other or a little resistant in both.

Playing an Orc should feel way different than playing a wood elf.

JayW

I wasn't all that fussed about buying Hearthfire - It would have been cool if the houses were more customisable but I already have enough houses to store all my gear and I think the ones already in game have enough variety to cater for pretty much any taste.

What I think would be very cool - although probably more as something for any future Elderscrolls game is to give the character their own plane of oblivion. It wouldn't need to be too large. Characters you have soul trapped could drift in and out. Because the plane wouldn't need to fit in with the existing world, it would probably be easier to program than what Beth tried with Hearthfire. You could travel back and forth by opening your own oblivion gate - and because its your own plane, you could change things like the colour, contents of the sky, a choice of buildings, foliage, flora and fauna. Your realm could be tailored to suit your character and prove as a more functional means of storing your gear than the current GTA style property portfolio.The more powerful you get the larger your plane could become (though its probably more of an endgame feature from the get-go) and the more features, items and creatures you could populate it with.

Who wants to be just a citizen of Tamriel, when you could rival the other daedric princes. The dremora butler was my favourite feature of Dragonborn - although it's only served to whet my appetite for more.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Got another one.

More diverse voice actors. And unique voice actors for major quest NPCs. Karliah, Esbern, Brynyolf all have unique voices, why not Vilkas, or the Jarls?

OckhamsFolly

Got another one.

More diverse voice actors. And unique voice actors for major quest NPCs. Karliah, Esbern, Brynyolf all have unique voices, why not Vilkas, or the Jarls?

This would be nice. I didn't notice it terribly, until my game glitched and sometimes merchants would say lines from other characters (non-merchants) with the same voice actor when I asked to see their stock. It was a little amusing, but it made it a lot more obvious how few voice actors they used.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
If you're on PC, you can assign keys 1-8 to your favorites menu. Just bring up the favorites menu, highlight an item and press the # key to assign it.

I didn't figure this out until I'd been playing a few months. :sadface:

Im on the xbox, always makes me sad when I see how good the p.c version is, :sadface: but then I think of those ps3 players and evrything seems better lol:)

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I just thought of another one. Not sure how this really fits in, but here goes nothing.

The ability to use mods when you're a console gamer. I have no idea if that's even possible (I'm assuming not), but I just stumbled upon a list of mods that PC users get to use, and I wanted to cry because I'm missing out on so much awesome-ness. :sadface: Call it wishful thinking, but that's something that I would love to see.

Edit: It would also be cool to have your appearance affected by food/potion intake (again, taking cues from Fable). That way if my character sits on their butt all day drinking Mead and eating Sweet Rolls, they won't still have the smokin' bod of a god/goddess (unless they work off those calories).

And, though more of a novel feature, I liked seeing my "attractiveness" rating in Fable as well... would be neat to see in Skyrim.

I played Morrowind for p.c and the Elder Scrolls are so much better on it. the construction set u can spend days on it, imagine the possibilities now (plops how do ya spell possibilities lol) im sure they could do something with mods for console users its defo the future for sure.

With food I would love if u could get dehydrated from not drinking and get ill from not eating, they could turn dehydration and hunger into a disease, and depending how long u havn't ate or drank for ure stamina etc would decrease. (would make u roleplay alot better) ohh plus it would be cool if they done the same with sleep.

A dialogue option to tell your wife you love her? Unless they have already done that, I haven't yet gotten the DLC's yet.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Also, the ability to join a group of Bandits or Raiders.
This....to me there just does not seem to be any real rewards for being an "evil" character. Maybe if I am an infamous necromancer the bandits will become friendly while the guards will try to kill me

wolfgang jack

Betwixt England and the U.S. is a man...
kyleekay said:
The ability to use mods when you're a console gamer.

This. I play PS3, so I know how this feels. The freedom it seems to give PC gamers feels like a slap in the face from a hefty Orc with a steel clad hand. Painful. Vanilla is my least favorite flavor of ice cream.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
This....to me there just does not seem to be any real rewards for being an "evil" character. Maybe if I am an infamous necromancer the bandits will become friendly while the guards will try to kill me

When is there ever any benefit for being evil - whether in real life or in games?

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
When is there ever any benefit for being evil - whether in real life or in games?
I mean as in rewards to friendly relations with the other NPCs, such as bandit lairs to be used as a home and such

Mannulus

Article Writer
I got some new ones:
  • More houses for Hearthfire. Its Skyrim for fluffs sake and you only have three properties?!
  • As mentioned before, more customization for houses. I heard they only give you three wings and the main hall + basement and stuff, which I find silly.
  • More regular clothing, tired of seeing the same type of clothing on everyone like its going out of style.
  • Ability to craft clothing.
  • More wildlife. Perhaps some birds, more fish, etc etc.
  • Ability to adjust how fast time goes. I think its at 14x for default but you can lower it to like 2x (anything lower would break the game) on PC. I want to be able to enter a cave in the morning and come out a couple hours later, not days later.
  • Some more return on those investments in merchants. I want my 500 to reflect better on me. I also want to be able to invest more than 500.
  • A DLC given to PS3 first. (For gods sake...)
  • More people in towns (as said before). Especially make some of these people not as important either. I hate how anyone I end up killing for whatever reason will either be: Quest giver/Shopkeeper/Shop Assistant/Important Character,Etc etc.
I could go on all day...

Neriad13

Premium Member
I want the game to be finished. Cases in point:

- Once, long ago, I heard a story about Winterhold. It was originally meant to be a much bigger and more important city. But as it was all being designed, the deadline was drawing horribly close, forcing plans to be scrapped and turning the city into a ghost town instead of the living place it was meant to be.

- I want the quest "Falion's Secret" to actually have a conclusion. What is he hiding? What compels him to help those whom the rest of the world fears and hates?

- I want the Civil War to be grander and more complex, like it was originally designed to be. I want to take and lose towns, involve the whole of Skyrim in the conflict.

- I want the Pit in Windhelm to be completed and used in the actual game. So much work and love plainly went into its design. All for naught.

- I want to be able to return to the Soul Cairn and rescue Valerica. That end of the plot just got left dangling for me.

- I want Wintersand Manor to actually exist in Whiterun. Does it make any sense that rich Nazeem and his wife live in a second-rate inn and hold keys that open a door that doesn't exist? No. No, it does not.