The Female, Male Demographic of Skyrim Players

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moris

Indeed, in Skyrim, you can even make and play *gasp* an old woman.

Not many video games give that option.

OrexxerO

I approve of this line of questioning ^ :p

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
There are no females on the internet.

Joking aside, I met my girlfriend through Skyrim.

I got you all beat.

Moris

There are no females on the internet.

Joking aside, I met my girlfriend through Skyrim.

I got you all beat.

Actually, there are no men. The internet is entirely made up of cats, babies, and babes.

SnowSU

I've been reading these threads and it is a very interesting topic. Now I will throw another dynamic into it. Not only am I a female but I am over 50. In fact most of you playing are young enough to be my children or even grand children. (BTW - I'm not a grandmother yet so don't call me grandma.)

I started playing this game because my husband and teenage son were playing it and it looked like fun. At first I didn't think I was going to like the killing things aspect but the first time I took my iron sword, ran up to that first dragon by Whiterun, hacked the heck out of it till it was dead, then absorbed it's soul, I was hooked. I like the RP and that is generally a "clean" game.

Now I'm almost to level 70 and I recently stored my daedric armor for the my own double enchanted Stalhrim armor that I smithed myself just because it is a pretty blue color. So yes I am hooked on this game. Now if I could just get the laundry and the house cleaning done.....

Moris

Well duh, Alduin is clearly a male. Notice how he bellows all that the time that he's in charge? Typical male. If you read my post correctly, you would notice I said girlfriend. ;)

True. Alduin is male. Parthunax refers to him as his "brother."

However, when I'm done with him, he certainly is my bitch. Well, at least for the nanosecond before he disintegrates. Alas, this is how it always is when I finally manage to exert my dominance. It never lasts.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
True. Alduin is male. Parthunax refers to him as his "brother."

However, when I'm done with him, he certainly is my bitch. Well, at least for the nanosecond before he disintegrates. Alas, this is how it always is when I finally manage to exert my dominance. It never lasts.

352s5d.jpg

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
I think you may just be generalizing a bit too readily. Tons of mods out there made primarily by males to change npcs and player characters, their faces, their bodies, their hair, their clothing. They aren't doing this just to satisfy female fans, I guarantee it. People always say men are supposed to be "more visual" anyway. LOL.

I guarantee that you're right... well... at least in my case. How my character looks is very important to me. I like to make my characters look as amazing as possible without them looking like pimps or two-dollar hookers... and I'll be damned... I spend hours at a time at the character creation screen.

Moris

I just read it as I saw it.

I read it the same way. We can frequently tell what's really meant when someone uses a dangling modifier. But not always. In that case, it wasn't obvious.

OrexxerO

I've been reading these threads and it is a very interesting topic. Now I will throw another dynamic into it. Not only am I a female but I am over 50. In fact most of you playing are young enough to be my children or even grand children. (BTW - I'm not a grandmother yet so don't call me grandma.)

You represent a even smaller demographic within the gaming community, being female and in your 50's.....and liking games like skyrim. That is pretty amazingly rare....my parents are both about 45 and aren't really interested in gaming at all.

Moris

You represent a even smaller demographic within the gaming community, being female and in your 50's.....and liking games like skyrim. That is pretty amazingly rare....my parents are both about 45 and aren't really interested in gaming at all.

My entire D&D group is in their late 30's to mid 40's. D&D has been around since the '70s, with the 1st edition of AD&D published in 1977. I've known tons of girls who played tabletop RPGs in the 80s, and text based MUDs in the '80s and '90s. This whole idea of women, particularly older ones, not being into gaming seems quite bizarre to me.

Girls, in my experience, don't seem to be quite as into the hypermasculine FPS as many younger guys are. But even then, there are many who play. They just don't mention it because they're afraid you'll hog their consoles if you find out they have the game at home. :p

SnowSU

Since I design printed circuit boards for a living and my husband is an IC design engineer we are pretty familiar with computers and that helps.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I read it the same way. We can frequently tell what's really meant when someone uses a dangling modifier. But not always. In that case, it wasn't obvious.

I knew what she meant, I just couldn't help myself because how she wrote it. XD

OrexxerO

My entire D&D group is in their late 30's to mid 40's. D&D has been around since the '70s, with the 1st edition of AD&D published in 1977. I've known tons of girls who played tabletop RPGs in the 80s, and text based MUDs in the '80s and '90s. This whole idea of women, particularly older ones, not being into gaming seems quite bizarre to me.

I honestly can say I do not think I have met a woman over the age of 50 in my area or around that age at least who doesn't think gaming is a waste of time or doesn't know the difference between a PC and a Console.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I honestly can say I do not think I have met a woman over the age of 50 in my area or around that age at least who doesn't think gaming is a waste of time or doesn't know the difference between a PC and a Console.

OrexxerO

Haha. Dagmar nice video. I am not saying they don't exist, just that I haven't ever met one.