The Female, Male Demographic of Skyrim Players

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Being drunk is a lot of fun regardless of age imo.well..there was that time with that creepy guy in the bar..and I was drunk..XD

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
In the short time i've been on these forums. I have noticed the larger then usual amount of female players on these forums is way higher then most any other game or forum i've been a part of.

I have a question for you lady's, why are you interested in Skyrim so much? I have ideas myself but I want to hear it from you guys. Also, is Skyrim really your main interest in gaming? Or do you like shooters and other such games as well?

I must say, im glad to see more lady's on this forum! Good to know that women like games like I do :p.

Maybe because Skyrim is not just bloody murder. Psychologically, it offers everything I like to indulge in: greed, wealth, achievement, success, mastery, and leadership. I like the process of becoming the richest and most powerful being in all of Tamriel. I just wish those NPCs would recognize it, dammit.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
In the short time i've been on these forums. I have noticed the larger then usual amount of female players on these forums is way higher then most any other game or forum i've been a part of.

I have a question for you lady's, why are you interested in Skyrim so much? I have ideas myself but I want to hear it from you guys. Also, is Skyrim really your main interest in gaming? Or do you like shooters and other such games as well?

I must say, im glad to see more lady's on this forum! Good to know that women like games like I do :p.

Maybe because Skyrim is not just bloody murder. Psychologically, it offers everything I like to indulge in: greed, wealth, achievement, success, mastery, and leadership. I like the process of becoming the richest and most powerful being in all of Tamriel. I just wish those NPCs would recognize it, dammit.
How's 'bout some props peeps! I saved your a**es! Of course it is sweet that the Khajits say I make them feel all warm and fuzzy and there are certain ladies that say it's a "Good Day" whenever they happen to see me. :)

Pharaun159

Also can someone explain to me why "back to the kitchen" comments are used(aside from being sexist)?from what I've seen most cooks are males so I'd like to think its invalid.perhaps I missed the "punchline" of it.

Proud male Cook BTW :)

lol always wondered that myself. (self acclaimed cook lol) For the longest time, the greatest chefs were men. It doesnt even make sense as a sexist comment.

Chadonraz

I've never liked typical "girl" things (dolls, makeup, shopping etc.), horses being the only exception.
I grew up with a younger (2 years' difference) brother, and my best friend is a huge gamer. I've always liked games myself.

However, before Skyrim I'd never liked RPing or games that involved a lot of fighting and/or killing. I preferred puzzle games, platformers, and racing games.

The thing that appeals to me about Skyrim is... everything, really. It was so different from all the other games I'd played. One factor is that thinking is very much required, and another is the existence of laws. The game provides a lot of intellectual challenge, which I enjoy. Also, having to consider the possible legal consequences (all of my characters thus far have been at least fairly lawful) of various actions provides a different kind of challenge, and of course adds realism.

Then there's things like the graphics, which are a thousand times better than anything I'd seen before.
Questlines, not to mention the Main Quest, was also totally new for me. And great.

Last but not least: the game is in English, and it's helped expand my vocabulary some.
Dragon language is an additional pro, obviously. :D

Basically, Skyrim is, in every single way, tremendously better than any other game I've played. Well, the older TES games get some things better, but as a whole Skyrim is my number one. :)

PS. I loathe playing as a female, so I nearly always create male characters. I don't like the way the females run/walk. Regardless of race. :p

Pharaun159

Pharaun159

Idk some people are stupid from birth,but I get what you're saying.
std's can be contracted at birth lol. stupidity... sexually transmitted epidemic. What a headline. Kinda makes me think of the movie Idiocracy lol!

FrostedPink

Fairon
I have stated this in other posts, but I have never been much of a gamer. Sure I've played stuff like Mario and Sonic...even Harvest Moon, but nothing at this level. I just love the interaction with the people and the fact that I can explore the world in any way I like and I don't have to constantly shoot at things. Plus it takes place in a fantasy world filled with magic and dragons. I really dislike conflict, and in this game, I can go at my own pace and work up to dealing with icky things that make me shiver. Although I have turned into a killing machine...and I am kinda liking it. Hack and slash baby, hack and slash. :cowboy:

Pharaun159

I have stated this in other posts, but I have never been much of a gamer. Sure I've played stuff like Mario and Sonic...even Harvest Moon, but nothing at this level. I just love the interaction with the people and the fact that I can explore the world in any way I like and I don't have to constantly shoot at things. Plus it takes place in a fantasy world filled with magic and dragons. I really dislike conflict, and in this game, I can go at my own pace and work up to dealing with icky things that make me shiver. Although I have turned into a killing machine...and I am kinda liking it. Hack and slash baby, hack and slash. :cowboy:

If your a pc player, throw the skyre mod in there lol.... you will be humbled lol!

FrostedPink

Fairon

If your a pc player, throw the skyre mod in there lol.... you will be humbled lol!

I am not a pc player...what is the skyre mod?? Plus, I wouldn't know how to mod anything even if it got up and slapped me right in the face! lol.

Rimfaxe96

Agreed, in my German gaming forum I'm one of only 6 females. Against probably about a few hundred guys. :D

I've been gaming since I was 6 years old, it started off with animal zoo animations, to horse games, then Sims, Jak and Daxter... plenty of classics. Eventually when my interest for the Internet grew I quickly found a Let's Player on Youtube that I liked, and his Morrowind Let's Play was pretty cool. Open world with more freedom I have had in my kiddy-games, and plenty of characters to mess around with; if the graphics looked a bit different I'm sure I would have bought it too.
I forgot about it for a few years though until he excitedly started playing Skyrim, and that one really got me. Despite knowing of it in 2011 I bought it this year, late quite a bit, but I love it nonetheless. I love messing with the characters, with or without console commands, even more now that I studied half the Elder Scrolls wiki about Tamriel's politics and power struggles since the 3rd Era.
It's my first RPG, and I can't wait for TES VI. But I believe it's going to be my only RPG. Dragon Age looks nice but it lacks... something.
"The magic of Tamriel", so to say. ;)

Other than that I adore Jump 'n Run games, a few racing games, horror games,... give me a juicy storyline and I'll love it. <3

Pharaun159

I have stated this in other posts, but I have never been much of a gamer. Sure I've played stuff like Mario and Sonic...even Harvest Moon, but nothing at this level. I just love the interaction with the people and the fact that I can explore the world in any way I like and I don't have to constantly shoot at things. Plus it takes place in a fantasy world filled with magic and dragons. I really dislike conflict, and in this game, I can go at my own pace and ork up to dealing with icky things that make me shiver. Although I have turned into a killing machine...and I am kinda liking it. Hack and slash baby, hack and slash. :cowboy:

I am not a pc player...what is the skyre mod?? Plus, I wouldn't know how to mod anything even if it got up and slapped me right in the face! lol.

Lol the nexus modding community is huge! they even have a mod manageing program to help you install your mods. Skyre stands for 'skyrim redone'. A very tallented modder, basically overhauled the entire game system. You die fast, but so do your enemies. and that remains true into high levels. very well done.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts