Anyone else believe in elven supremacy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
I feel obligated to correct you on a couple of things. Now these following statements aren't directed towards all Altmer (even though most of them are annoying), but the Thalmor only.

How the THALMOR view themselves:

tumblr_lhhaoy4bIM1qafsd4o1_500.gif

How Bethesda and the average Skyrim player views the THALMOR:

View attachment 3210 (the pic you posted)

How the THALMOR should be viewed:

View attachment 3209 (the other pic you posted)

I must make this post not ignored

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I think it's all time we just settle down here, and listen to the little ol' Cap'n. Unless you think you're faster than a shotgun.

I looked through some recent posts. I saw that you say that eventually we Argonians would be starved.

Murkwood is not a tiny little area. It is a whole ecosystem in itself. It's about as large as Whiterun hold, and a lot less barren. Are you familiar with how an ecosystem works? Animals and plants reproduce to make more animals and plants. That's nature. Black Marsh is not a desert. In saying that we would run out of food, you are saying that eventually, there will be 0 food in the entire world because obviously, of course, FOOD IS AS FINITE AS GOLD, OIL, OR COAL, now isn't it? Hm? Argonians may not have genius-rate intelligence (which helps them not to be as arrogant as the Thalmor), but they know how to respect the land. Proof: They worship trees. Magical bloody trees. Your supplies are unnecessary. I don't even know if anyone trades with Argonians even now. I think the land's probably too hard to traverse.

I also saw that you said that poor land would be harder to burn. Tell me: which would you think would be easier to torch - somewhere where the ground is mostly mud and marshland, or a savannah?

Let's compare the governments, oh so quickly, and see what arrogant, unjustifiable quip you have as a comeback.

Thalmor: Haters of Lorkhan/Shor/Shezarr and Talos. Generally quite arrogant, though not entirely (as that would be stereotyping). Concerned more with tradition, worship and ancestry than anything else - safety, well-being, or feelings.

An-xileel: The people who destroyed the Dunmer as punishment for their racism, rulers of the most dangerous place in Tamriel, a government who the people are fine with.

And even if you somehow, by an off chance, defying all laws of probability and all lore, manage to make AN ENTIRE FREAKING ARMY into Murkwood, and FULLY take over Black Marsh, then I'll probably give you a few centuries, and then they'll be rebelling again.

You can't subdue an Argonian, mate. You just can't.

No race should be supreme and the thalmor dont belive in elven domination they believe in high elve domination because they hate orcs and orcs are a type of mer.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
I beliave the elfs have all the rights to rule Skyrim , they won the war after all. The empire didn't took them as a serious threat , so they destroyed it.The Altmer are a supperior race due to the fact they can manipulate magicka up to the level in which they can speak to divines directly, without the need of altars and temples.

Talos is a reather symbolic divine ,symbolizing freedoom.The mer wanted Skyrim to know no freedom as they are supposed to be the new rulers of Tamriel.Even if I respect them , most of the altmer in Skyrim that I come across are duchebags.

Harc

Big Hog
I beliave the elfs have all the rights to rule Skyrim , they won the war after all. The empire didn't took them as a serious threat , so they destroyed it.The Altmer are a supperior race due to the fact they can manipulate magicka up to the level in which they can speak to divines directly, without the need of altars and temples.

Talos is a reather symbolic divine ,symbolizing freedoom.The mer wanted Skyrim to know no freedom as they are supposed to be the new rulers of Tamriel.Even if I respect them , most of the altmer in Skyrim that I come across are duchebags.
Such sentences as this should be posted by all replienents on this thread.

Harc

Big Hog
So should this photo :)
Ra-HorakhtyThalmorwizardfinishmove.jpg
Your pathetic attempt of insulting the dominion has failed. I'm not threatened by half minded fools. You lost more than twice as much of your kind in one week than what we loose in skyrim in a year.

Docta Corvina

All of the raging Thalmor hatred aside, I do have to give credit where it's due and as someone else wrote earlier, they are quite the clever group amid all of their deviousness. It's easy to hate them, as they are a common enemy to all major factions in Skyrim (including even the Forsworn). And given their attitudes and not so nice things they're involved in on and off camera, it's even less difficult to understand their role. But still, I think there's something to be said for a level of complexity to them on both a micro and macro level that we have not been given, at least not yet. We are informed of their plans, we have historical texts chronicling their past doings, and some even rather candidly tell you that the current "peace" is really hardly to be thought as such - rather, a pause. I, for one, would like to see something from a Thalmor point of view, or at least get access to material that brings upon them a more focused lens. When it comes to individuals, there are bound to be more of those like Ondolemar, who strikes me personally as possessing a bit more personal complexity than most other run-of-the-mill agents.

All of that rambling is to say that yeah, they're propped up to be a kind of universal evil (or not, depending on your RPing), a threat to all Tamriel. Yet they're also gifted with a great and terrible cleverness that has for years been successful in driving the men of Tamriel to destroy each other. One of the oldest and most reliable tactics in warfare and oppression has been to divide and conquer, which essentially amounts to conquering by proxy. They've refined that approach over many, many years - time that they, of course, have at their disposal as elves. And in the same way that I can credit Ulfric for his shrewdness and effective charisma while despising him as a character, I can and must credit the Thalmor for their talent at being the brilliant antagonists that they are.

Ivory

Let's Player
My only issue is that IMHO it seems that the Thalmor are going to make the same mistake the Falmer made when fighting the Nords. Perhaps history will repeat itself.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
What people and a lot of members here fail to see is that the Elves as a whole are divided race of those higher than humans. The dividing of this supremacist race faction of Elves is brought about by the repetition of ancient history, predating the Elves as a species, race and creed. It is the falling to the opposite moral and standard of good and evil. We see this evil shift in a race of Elves called the Dumner, how it evolved and transformed to the colour of that moral spectrum of evil so as to distinguish them uniquely amongst the other races of Elves. We also see a similar and rather naturist adaptation to this psychological embrace of naturism in the likes of the Bosmer.

From this visual imagery of their race we can see the purity that's still preserved with the Altmer. They have chose to perpetuate their love and standard and what defines them as a species. They have chose to exist in the way they were envisioned by their creators the Aldmer in a bygone era. The Altmer represent the true facets of their culture and have preserved this for centuries. Whilst not condemning themselves with other indulgences that diminish and demonize themselves in the eyes of other races and cultures that reside beside them in the world of Tamriel. It's because of their denial of consuming that dark elixir that they still remain as a pure and non subjugated to their counterparts of the same racial gene.

The misinformation is very visibly apparent in these threads of late and are brought about because most of these threads are crafted by new comers and those that generally do lack a basis and background knowledge of the universe in which these fundamental values and culture mix reside in. For they see the Elvish presence in Skyrim and that is assuming for the first time, have become compelled by their dark presence and are starting to question the motives behind such an incursion of Thalmor presence in the vicinity. This is natural, and I think that is just plainly default thus far. But in putting that aside gracefully, I think that one needs to understand the greater scope and the political schemes of their presence. They do inhabit parts of Skyrim not because they are a maniacal horde of Altmer insurgents to their political kinship, but merely are a militaristic government wing skilled in the dark arts of the Arcane with an objective approach in their quest to destroying the Empire are acting as observers to the Empire's advances in Skyrim, shrouding themselves as a potential threat and adopting a stance of pernicious neutralism to the Ulfric regime as to prevent a conflict escalation directly with the Empire.

To add clarity to this dark mirage of Altmer politics, we see that they see Skyrim as potential land grab no matter what the outcome of the war between the Stormcloaks and Empire may be. They generally don't care of this and as long as there are two main enemies at war, we see the Thalmor withdrawing themselves from conflict, to lay in waiting as an Elvish predator rather than to subject themselves as mercenaries to another faction and side. In their tactics they are well aware that should any one side win, they will be weakened after that fresh war, and they see this as a possibility to exploit those fresh wounds with salt and tar cutting open and stripping the Nordic government internally and intoxicating the political spectrum that either side maintains over the Nords. Ramming their dark Thalmoric totalitarianism in Skyrim on a basis of an opportunistic exploitation strategy to undermine the sovereignty of Skyrim.

We do see a staunch and rather passive movement of the Thalmor in regards to Elvish supremacy, and I think what separates them from being in the limelight, is their cunning and shadowy strategy employed to undermine both sides in Skyrim.

And as far as the Thalmor are concerned, one needs to adopt the saying that, the end justifies the means.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
What people and a lot of members here fail to see is that the Elves as a whole are devided race of those higher than humans. The dividing of this supremacist race faction of Elves is brought about by the repetition of ancient history, predating the Elves as a species, race and creed. It is the falling to the opposite moral and standard of good and evil. We see this evil shift in a race of Elves called the Dumner, how it evolved and transformed to the colour of that moral spectrum of evil so has to distinguash them uniquely amongst the other races of Elves. We also see a similar and rather naturist adaption to this psychological embrace in the likes of the Wood Elves.

From this visual imagery of their race we can see the purity that's still preserved with the Altmer. They have chose to perpetuate their love and standard and what defines them as a species. They have chose to exist in the way they were envisioned by their creators the Almder in a bygone era. The Altmer represent the true facets of their culture and have preserved this for centuries. Whilst not condemning themselves with other indulgences that diminish and demonize themselves in the eyes of other races and cultures that reside beside them in the world of Tamrial. It's because of their denial of consuming that dark elixir that they still remain as a pure and non subjugated to their counterparts of the same racial gene.

The misinformation is very visibly apparent in these threads of late and are brought about because most of these threads are crafted by new comers and those that generally do lack a basis and background knowledge of the universe in which these fundamental values and culture mix reside in. For they see the Elvish presence in Skyrim and that is assuming for the first time, have become compelled by their dark presence and are starting to question the motives behind such an incursion of Thalmor presence in the vicinity. This is natural, and I think that is just plainly default thus far. But in putting that aside gracefully, I think that one needs to understand the greater scope and the political schemes of their presence. They do inhabit parts of Skyrim not because they are a maniacal horde of Altmer insurgents to their political kinship, but merely are a militaristic government wing skilled in the dark arts of the Arcane with an objective approach in their quest to destroying the Empire are acting as observers to the Empire's advances in Skyrim, shrouding themselves as a potential threat to the Ulfric regime has to prevent a conflict escalation with the Empire.

To add clarity to this dark mirage of Altmer politics, we see that they see Skyrim as potential land grab no matter what the outcome of the war between the Stormcloaks and Empire may be. They generally don't care of this and as long as there are two main enemies at war, we see the Thalmor withdrawing themselves from conflict, to lay in waiting as an Elvish predator rather than to subject themselves as mercenaries to another faction and side. In their tactics they are well aware that should any one side win, they will be weakened after that fresh war, and they see this as a possibility to exploit those fresh wounds with salt and tar cutting open and stripping the Nordic government internally and intoxicating the political spectrum that either side maintains over the Nords. Ramming their dark Thalmoric totalitarianism in Skyrim on a basis of an opportunistic exploitation to the sovereignty of Skyrim.

We do see a staunch and rather passive movement between the Altmer in regards to Elvish supremacy, and I think what separates them from been in the limelight, is their cunning and shadowy strategy employed to undermine both sides of Skyrim.

And as far as the Thalmor are concerned, one needs to adopt the saying that, the end justifies the means.
You just had to try the black tea.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
What people and a lot of members here fail to see is that the Elves as a whole are divided race of those higher than humans. The dividing of this supremacist race faction of Elves is brought about by the repetition of ancient history, predating the Elves as a species, race and creed. It is the falling to the opposite moral and standard of good and evil. We see this evil shift in a race of Elves called the Dumner, how it evolved and transformed to the colour of that moral spectrum of evil so as to distinguish them uniquely amongst the other races of Elves. We also see a similar and rather naturist adaptation to this psychological embrace of naturism in the likes of the Bosmer.

From this visual imagery of their race we can see the purity that's still preserved with the Altmer. They have chose to perpetuate their love and standard and what defines them as a species. They have chose to exist in the way they were envisioned by their creators the Aldmer in a bygone era. The Altmer represent the true facets of their culture and have preserved this for centuries. Whilst not condemning themselves with other indulgences that diminish and demonize themselves in the eyes of other races and cultures that reside beside them in the world of Tamriel. It's because of their denial of consuming that dark elixir that they still remain as a pure and non subjugated to their counterparts of the same racial gene.

The misinformation is very visibly apparent in these threads of late and are brought about because most of these threads are crafted by new comers and those that generally do lack a basis and background knowledge of the universe in which these fundamental values and culture mix reside in. For they see the Elvish presence in Skyrim and that is assuming for the first time, have become compelled by their dark presence and are starting to question the motives behind such an incursion of Thalmor presence in the vicinity. This is natural, and I think that is just plainly default thus far. But in putting that aside gracefully, I think that one needs to understand the greater scope and the political schemes of their presence. They do inhabit parts of Skyrim not because they are a maniacal horde of Altmer insurgents to their political kinship, but merely are a militaristic government wing skilled in the dark arts of the Arcane with an objective approach in their quest to destroying the Empire are acting as observers to the Empire's advances in Skyrim, shrouding themselves as a potential threat and posing to be a type of pernicious neutralism to the Ulfric regime as to prevent a conflict escalation directly with the Empire.

To add clarity to this dark mirage of Altmer politics, we see that they see Skyrim as potential land grab no matter what the outcome of the war between the Stormcloaks and Empire may be. They generally don't care of this and as long as there are two main enemies at war, we see the Thalmor withdrawing themselves from conflict, to lay in waiting as an Elvish predator rather than to subject themselves as mercenaries to another faction and side. In their tactics they are well aware that should any one side win, they will be weakened after that fresh war, and they see this as a possibility to exploit those fresh wounds with salt and tar cutting open and stripping the Nordic government internally and intoxicating the political spectrum that either side maintains over the Nords. Ramming their dark Thalmoric totalitarianism in Skyrim on a basis of an opportunistic exploitation strategy to undermine the sovereignty of Skyrim.

We do see a staunch and rather passive movement of the Thalmor in regards to Elvish supremacy, and I think what separates them from being in the limelight, is their cunning and shadowy strategy employed to undermine both sides in Skyrim.

The consensus amongst many are that the Thalmor regard themselves higher amongst any known race that is present in Tamriel. This heightens the perceptions of supremacy and galvanizes their claim as the omnipotent rulers that are rising from the dark shadowy corners of the Summerset Isles.

The political game in Skyrim is centered on easy pickings of land underneath two disgruntled sides which are ultimately weakened by the draining of their men and supplies that the pernicious Thalmoric presence in Skyrim has forced.

The Thalmor not only deploy a military presence in the wild open country side, they have injected their dark traces of influence in the mages affairs with guileful attempts of infiltration and other nefarious means to stamp authority in other less meaningful segments of authoritative organizations based in Skyrim. Their presence is one of attrition, the core and the engine that propels their movement forward have a great yet shadowed advantage that is invisible to general awareness, is that because they are a centralized Government that's based on mobility, they therefor have this ability to make sudden judgments in the field live in the face of action and efficiently execute commands without the delay and obstructions faced by other normalized protocol of logistics and third party messaging directly with a commander in chief. Because they are a military composed of the Government this hybridizes them to be a unique class and faction that can dictate on any parent circumstance.

The disarray amongst the Empire and Stormcloacks cripples them to digest this dark reality. And therefor they simply don't have an answer to such a potent hybridized Government with malicious fangs of destruction.

Abraxas

Nightblade
I like all the races in the Elder Scrolls. That being said, I think each race is "superior" in their own fields. High elves have their sneaky, yet effective politics. Nords are like badass warrior Vikings. Imperials are like Greek epic heros and usually very educated. Dark elves are the best assassins. Bosmer are in tune with nature. Orcs are battle ready and probably the toughest race. Khajiit are... Well I mean they are walking cats!!! Redguards have.... CURVED SWORDS!!! Bretons are awesome with magic. Lastly, Argonians are swimming scaly badasses!

Some of those at the end were weak reasons, but the point is that all races in TES are superior in some way to the other races. So the high elves aren't the superior race and the Thalmor are racist douches just like Ulfric Stormcloak.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I like all the races in the Elder Scrolls. That being said, I think each race is "superior" in their own fields. High elves have their sneaky, yet effective politics. Nords are like badass warrior Vikings. Imperials are like Greek epic heros and usually very educated. Dark elves are the best assassins. Bosmer are in tune with nature. Orcs are battle ready and probably the toughest race. Khajiit are... Well I mean they are walking cats!!! Redguards have.... CURVED SWORDS!!! Bretons are awesome with magic. Lastly, Argonians are swimming scaly badasses!

Some of those at the end were weak reasons, but the point is that all races in TES are superior in some way to the other races. It is just like real life. So the high elves aren't the superior race and the Thalmor are racist douches just like Ulfric Stormcloak.

I couldn't resist posting this video up. I found this video earlier today.