• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sharky36

Well I finally got tired of not knowing why I got banned and decided I wanted to find out.
When I first went onto the site and started downloading mods and such, I was so into Skyrim that I wanted to be able to play two characters at the same time. So I decided to purchase another Skyrim game thru Steam, the first game I had purchased through a computer store. So I setup another acct on the computer and loaded the second login with the other game. Then I decided, it would be awesome if I could have two NMM's configured differently for each one, so downloaded NMM under the other login and tried to configure it but it wanted to use the same settings. So I installed again and made it go to a totally different folder in the program group. Still the same thing, so decided to go into the help section on their website to find out how I could accomplish this. Within 5 minutes of waltzing into that help section, the 3 accts I had made for their website were banned. I say 3 accounts because I couldn't access the second I made because I think I typed in the password wrong. Anyway Banned.

They didn't IP ban me and once I realized multiple accts was a no no, went a head and made a fourth, this one would be my only active acct on their website because I had learned from my ealier mistake. I had been using this acct for over 6 months, when I got banned again. I didn't know what I did until I finally used a proxy server so that I could take a look at the forum to find my banning forum title. Inside it I found the reason for the latest ban was because I was previously banned for multiple accts. So I actually did nothing wrong this time. It was because of what I did wrong the first time.

I guess there is no tolerance for anyone to make a mistake in this world anymore.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
They used to not be so bad. I've been a member since '07 and at first I made a mistake they would have banned for today. I tried to upload a mod but the page erred out and it didn't work. I gave up and went somewhere else. When I came back later a blank mod page had been created. (And of course the members, who were actually worse then, howled in rage as if it was a deliberate thing on my part. o_O

For the same technical glitch to happen today, they would probably ban me for creating a placeholder page when in fact it was an error. There really is no point in participating over there anymore. They're just looking for an excuse, and on top of it all they always post a rude comment about the banned person before they verify that the banned person didn't in fact have an error or some other problem, and I rarely see them publicly apologize as quickly as they publicly accuse and humiliate. I comment on mods occasionally but I have blocked my own messenger and keep myself logged out of forums so that I won't be tempted to write anything else.

Sharky36

I guess I just don't understand it all Gehenna, I've been on that site in total for about 10 months and I've not seen many problems and was very active on their forum. Every once in a while you get a Juvenal or rude comment on someones mod where the person is just asking to be banned but besides that the place is pretty quiet. I've not seen many things in the past 10 months that require banning people.
Years ago I was an ircop/admin for a forum/chat site, although the site kept me busy, I only had to ban or ip ban approximately 5 people in a year. I had to step in and send people a message asking them to calm down or something to that effect, but always gave the individual a chance to correct their behavior before resorting to banning people.
Everyone is prone to make a mistake once in a while and just saying something to them usually will get the desired result without removing people from your site. I'm 45 so maybe I'm just a little more level headed than most, but still, I have to believe that people are basically good in this world and thus should be given a second chance in most all cases.

PoisonPen

This kind of outrageous behaviour is the result of having a virtual monopoly on mods for a bunch of different popular games. What needs to happen is a competing alternative. When people have the luxury of telling Nexus to go fluff themselves, that's when we'll see the dick-swinging fascism at Nexus change - and not before.

EDIT: Speaking of dick-swinging fascism, why is the word eff you cee kay being turned into eff you asterisk asterisk here? Censorship like this actually draws more attention to the word, not less, and everyone knows which word I was using. What's the point of using completely useless censorship other than pee eye ess ess eye en gee everyone off?

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Oh, it is so ridiculous. I was looking for a mod that allowed me to kill children, I went into the chat and said that exact thing, "I'm looking for a mod to allow me to kill children.", my account was banned. I couldn't believe it at first but I ended up having to make another account, I'm never going back into that chat again especially since I was only mentioning something that was on the site anyway, I wasn't even warned and I didn't see any rules anywhere stating what was right and what was wrong.

SpitBlock

I don't guess it matters if the website works to poorly you want to leave anyway. It hasn't been fun there in the last 5 years. Modders don't have a deal with Nexus we get nothing. If you need a mod then just go get them from the Russian websites.

I've been banned 4 times from Nexus. Hah HAH an I do tech support for the games there an make mods. I've never got any special treatment. If they don't like you, then you're banned. The Admins are modders too, so if they don't like your mods, yerrr outa there.

Funny thread,

GS

Sean

lost somewhere
I would say to use proxies and/or Tor browser

I've used both of those downloads, so they are clean.
You will need a .torrent client like uTorrent to actually download the first link.

What a dumb reason to perma ban for, I could see a 3 day suspension (at most) for something as trivial as that, but definitely not a permaban.

Sharky36

I don't think I've ever seen a suspension meaning 3 day ban or anything like that Sean, if they ban its for the entire time you have an ip address. I've thought about making my ip shift which is easy enough to do, but I'm not sure its really worth it anymore.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I don't think I've ever seen a suspension meaning 3 day ban or anything like that Sean, if they ban its for the entire time you have an ip address.

Generally true but they are inconsistent. Example, this person only got a 60 day ban because the moderators liked him or her I guess. They should either make most bans temporary or make all bans permanent.

83Willow - 60-day ban - The Nexus Forums

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
These guys have some serious butt-hurt issues. They have an entire subforum where they list all the banned users, and the offense(s) they caused. As if anybody cares. Clearly there to make them feel like real powerful clickers.

"hey, look at how many we've banned, YOU could be next!"

wow, just for that one silly comment!
Must have been a feminist admin with a chip on her shoulder hunting you down for being a sexist pig!
I need to find the banned user section.

King o' the Britains

SFBryan18

I was banned by Bethsoft in January and Nexus yesterday. Both banned me for extremely petty reasons. And they expect people to beg them to get back in. What a joke. They are a cut above the average power trip and their attitude is far from professional, even though they try to pretend. Give a bunch of losers the power to talk down to people and what do you get? Anyways, hello new forum.

Edit: Interesting how I started this topic in the Skyrim Workshop discussions, and I was mobbed by people telling me that I deserved to be banned. I ended up deleting the thread and removing the description of the incident to avoid further argument, but it's just funny how people will point the finger of blame when circumstances are so petty and over exaggerated. I think the moderators get away with it because most of the community support them. Maybe it has to do with the average age group or type of person who goes to Nexus. Or maybe many people enjoy to see the bans, like a public hanging.

King o' the Britains

I was banned by Bethsoft in January and Nexus yesterday. Both banned me for extremely petty reasons. And they expect people to beg them to get back in. What a joke. They are a cut above the average power trip and their attitude is far from professional, even though they try to pretend. Give a bunch of losers the power to talk down to people and what do you get? Anyways, hello new forum.
Hello. i am new forum. you'll find that it is a lot harder to get ip banned here

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground

I got banned from the beth forum because a mod from Spain failed to read/understand my post. I sent a pm to him/her to tell them they got the wrong end of the stick and they banned me for life. They really are stuck up their own asses over there.

The last pm I got was something like 'what I say and do go's I am never wrong never forget that so now I ban you for life so good bye and thanks for buying skyrim'.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I only use my Nexus login to download mods. I'll never make a post there. I always read through a forum first to get a feel for it, and I really didn't like what I saw.

For those of you who got banned, think of it as a favor. It brought you here. :)

Funivia

Hello, they banned me for this post lol. I was seriously being a huge threat to the community.

"They're f.ucking ugly. :s" regarding this mod Supermodel Skyrim II - Dawnguard Edition at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Supermodel Skyrim - The Nexus Forums - Page 40

they're fluffing ugly, they look like sluts and it's offensive to the women. but i know some members of the elder scrolls community are people who consider women like objects.

COOL and now i can't use anymore skyrim nexus... they fluffed up my game only for their fluffing powerhunger and pride.

SFBryan18

LoL, a lot of over rated stuff on Nexus is ugly, but they don't believe in freedom of speech.

A friend of mine hooked me up with a great way to use proxy ip addresses and set up spam accounts. I feel like going there just to troll.

Funivia

LoL, a lot of over rated stuff on Nexus is ugly, but they don't believe in freedom of speech.

A friend of mine hooked me up with a great way to use proxy ip addresses and set up spam accounts. I feel like going there just to troll.

i'll just stop using it... i can't use some site and tool from a bunch of psychos. i'll use steam workshop instead. at least they'll not ban me for criticizing something. what bothers me it's that now i can't manage my mods anymore with their "tool". ah who cares, skyrim looks like plops anyways. (shadows, striping shadow artifacts, ugly npcs, ugly dynamic snow, buckets of bugs, no combat underwater, no oxygen bar underwater, no variety of skills, console level texture & model quality and so on...) better sell DLCs than finish a game amirite bethesda?...

SFBryan18

You don't actually need their manager to use any of the mods there. You just need to manually install them. While many of there modders are stuck up egomaniacs, they still do decent work and I won't deprive myself of a better game just because I have different morals.

Funivia

You don't actually need their manager to use any of the mods there. You just need to manually install them. While many of there modders are stuck up egomaniacs, they still do decent work and I won't deprive myself of a better game just because I have different morals.

yes but it was useful. now it's a pain to do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts